Stimulus checks coming early - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#151 of 163 Old 05-02-2008, 06:06 PM
 
Nature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: In Aspieville
Posts: 6,537
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1895 View Post


if you have opera... you can use the "reload every" command and make it refresh by itself... thats what I do for the mdc usercp... or firefox has the extension
Firefox here. Do you know what the extension is called or have a linky?

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

Nature is offline  
#152 of 163 Old 05-02-2008, 08:59 PM
 
Nature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: In Aspieville
Posts: 6,537
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I called them. We won't be receiving ours direct deposit and we won't see it until the end of May. Apparently it didn't get there in time. I normally don't file taxes at all, but I got it in the mail so I filled it out and mailed it back. I got it on April 1st. So because they mailed notification out to me late, I didn't file in time to get it when I should.

Yay.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

Nature is offline  
#153 of 163 Old 05-02-2008, 10:01 PM
 
angel1895's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Western NY
Posts: 2,453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature View Post
Firefox here. Do you know what the extension is called or have a linky?
"reload every" extension for firefox

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

angel1895 is offline  
#154 of 163 Old 05-02-2008, 11:07 PM
 
Satori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Earth, I think, kids say Cybertron
Posts: 7,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hoping mine gets here on Monday so I can get the utilities turned on in the new place

Seriously?
Satori is offline  
#155 of 163 Old 05-03-2008, 12:01 AM
 
jeca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Dark side of the Moon
Posts: 9,026
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zersha View Post
I don't have a link, but I've read this alot.

If you used Turbo Tax, and had the fee taken out of your refund instead of paying seperately with a credit/debit card, the money was actually first deposited to a Turbo Tax bank account, and then Turbo Tax forwarded the rest of your refund to you. So the IRS doesn't actually have your bank account info, just Turbo Tax.

If you used the free Turbo Tax, then you are ok. The bank account the IRS has on file is yours, so they can direct deposit.
I paid my fee via my bank account does that mean I will still get a direct deposit refund?
jeca is offline  
#156 of 163 Old 05-03-2008, 12:10 AM
 
snazzy_mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Posts: 609
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
From looking at the Turbo Tax Webiste and reviewing my return, I will be getting mine mailed, even though I used the "free" online version because they do deduct $19.95 for the preparation and I opted to deduct it from the refund.

I suggest if you used TT, check your return that you saved, it will tell you exactly what they did and if they used SBB&T

This sucks oh so bad, I was really counting on having it today and now it looks like it will be well over a month.:
snazzy_mom is offline  
#157 of 163 Old 05-03-2008, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter
 
seap3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 807
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeca View Post
I paid my fee via my bank account does that mean I will still get a direct deposit refund?
I think you will get it direct deposited then. It was only a problem if you had the fee deducted from your refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzy_mom View Post
From looking at the Turbo Tax Webiste and reviewing my return, I will be getting mine mailed, even though I used the "free" online version because they do deduct $19.95 for the preparation and I opted to deduct it from the refund.

I suggest if you used TT, check your return that you saved, it will tell you exactly what they did and if they used SBB&T

This sucks oh so bad, I was really counting on having it today and now it looks like it will be well over a month.:
I know there were some different 'free' versions of Turbo Tax out there. I don't know for sure about the others, but if you used the link on the IRS website to file free, then you will get yours direct deposited. We used it for both ourselves and my parents, and their's is scheduled to be deposited next week according to the 'where's my stimulus' thing. We're still waiting for ours though, but that's because we are at the end.
seap3 is offline  
#158 of 163 Old 05-03-2008, 07:15 PM
 
SusanInItaly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: O'ahu
Posts: 543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We got ours on Friday.

Our details:
low SSN#'s (the last 2)
Filed w/TT and paid the fee w/our checkcard
We got the full amount $1800
We filed w/a 1040
SusanInItaly is offline  
#159 of 163 Old 05-05-2008, 05:09 PM
 
nolansmummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: middle of nowhere
Posts: 2,411
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm mad because i did the calculator two days ago, filled out all my tax information, and it told me 1800. I check the Wheres my stimulus payment? and its says we are getting 1200 on friday. WTF? I'm mostly mad at myself for counting on the money

E Veg*n Mom to ds 6 : dd 3
nolansmummy is offline  
#160 of 163 Old 05-05-2008, 05:18 PM
 
tayndrewsmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: WI
Posts: 11,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolansmummy View Post
I'm mad because i did the calculator two days ago, filled out all my tax information, and it told me 1800. I check the Wheres my stimulus payment? and its says we are getting 1200 on friday. WTF? I'm mostly mad at myself for counting on the money
How many exemptions did you claim? It looks like they are basing it on that number and nothing else really.
tayndrewsmama is offline  
#161 of 163 Old 05-05-2008, 05:29 PM
 
Knittin' in the Shade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: near Philly, PA
Posts: 4,637
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolansmummy View Post
I'm mad because i did the calculator two days ago, filled out all my tax information, and it told me 1800. I check the Wheres my stimulus payment? and its says we are getting 1200 on friday. WTF? I'm mostly mad at myself for counting on the money
Did you pay taxes for '07? If so, you should be getting $600 each for you and DH, and then $300 per kid. But, if you didn't pay any taxes in (or, if you got enough credits that zero'd out your tax burden) then you only get $300 per adult.
Knittin' in the Shade is offline  
#162 of 163 Old 05-05-2008, 05:39 PM
 
nolansmummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: middle of nowhere
Posts: 2,411
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know i'm supposed to get 1200 now that i've read what a few of you have wrote, i'm just mad at the irs calculator. If i'm supposed to type all that stuff in, like my exemptions, and my tax liability, shouldn't it be able to spit out the right amount? What is the point on even having it if it's not correct? This whole time i had planned to not count on anything, and within the past month we had to borrow money from mil, which we are paying her back with this check. I hate being broke, where 600$ has this much impact on our lives

i also hate how the government handled this whole thing .... i don't feel like its really helping stimulate the economy at all, ours is basically going right back to the irs, because mil is using it to pay her taxes....

I'm sorry, i'm just pouting...i'll get over it, 1200$ is still better than 0.

E Veg*n Mom to ds 6 : dd 3
nolansmummy is offline  
#163 of 163 Old 05-05-2008, 05:41 PM
 
mtiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolansmummy View Post
i'm just mad at the irs calculator. If i'm supposed to type all that stuff in, like my exemptions, and my tax liability, shouldn't it be able to spit out the right amount?
As I recall, it DOES tell you that it's an estimate, not a definite amount.
mtiger is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off