Stimulus checks coming early - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-02-2008, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1895 View Post

if you have opera... you can use the "reload every" command and make it refresh by itself... thats what I do for the mdc usercp... or firefox has the extension
Firefox here. Do you know what the extension is called or have a linky?

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2008, 09:59 PM

Well, I called them. We won't be receiving ours direct deposit and we won't see it until the end of May. Apparently it didn't get there in time. I normally don't file taxes at all, but I got it in the mail so I filled it out and mailed it back. I got it on April 1st. So because they mailed notification out to me late, I didn't file in time to get it when I should.

Yay.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

Old 05-02-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature View Post
Firefox here. Do you know what the extension is called or have a linky?
"reload every" extension for firefox

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

Old 05-03-2008, 12:07 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Hoping mine gets here on Monday so I can get the utilities turned on in the new place

Seriously?
Old 05-03-2008, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zersha View Post
I don't have a link, but I've read this alot.

If you used Turbo Tax, and had the fee taken out of your refund instead of paying seperately with a credit/debit card, the money was actually first deposited to a Turbo Tax bank account, and then Turbo Tax forwarded the rest of your refund to you. So the IRS doesn't actually have your bank account info, just Turbo Tax.

If you used the free Turbo Tax, then you are ok. The bank account the IRS has on file is yours, so they can direct deposit.
I paid my fee via my bank account does that mean I will still get a direct deposit refund?
Old 05-03-2008, 01:10 AM

From looking at the Turbo Tax Webiste and reviewing my return, I will be getting mine mailed, even though I used the "free" online version because they do deduct $19.95 for the preparation and I opted to deduct it from the refund.

I suggest if you used TT, check your return that you saved, it will tell you exactly what they did and if they used SBB&T

This sucks oh so bad, I was really counting on having it today and now it looks like it will be well over a month.:
Old 05-03-2008, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeca View Post
I paid my fee via my bank account does that mean I will still get a direct deposit refund?
I think you will get it direct deposited then. It was only a problem if you had the fee deducted from your refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzy_mom View Post
From looking at the Turbo Tax Webiste and reviewing my return, I will be getting mine mailed, even though I used the "free" online version because they do deduct $19.95 for the preparation and I opted to deduct it from the refund.

I suggest if you used TT, check your return that you saved, it will tell you exactly what they did and if they used SBB&T

This sucks oh so bad, I was really counting on having it today and now it looks like it will be well over a month.:
I know there were some different 'free' versions of Turbo Tax out there. I don't know for sure about the others, but if you used the link on the IRS website to file free, then you will get yours direct deposited. We used it for both ourselves and my parents, and their's is scheduled to be deposited next week according to the 'where's my stimulus' thing. We're still waiting for ours though, but that's because we are at the end.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:15 PM

We got ours on Friday.

Our details:
low SSN#'s (the last 2)
Filed w/TT and paid the fee w/our checkcard
We got the full amount $1800
We filed w/a 1040
Old 05-05-2008, 06:09 PM

I'm mad because i did the calculator two days ago, filled out all my tax information, and it told me 1800. I check the Wheres my stimulus payment? and its says we are getting 1200 on friday. WTF? I'm mostly mad at myself for counting on the money

E Veg*n Mom to ds 6 : dd 3
Old 05-05-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolansmummy View Post
I'm mad because i did the calculator two days ago, filled out all my tax information, and it told me 1800. I check the Wheres my stimulus payment? and its says we are getting 1200 on friday. WTF? I'm mostly mad at myself for counting on the money
How many exemptions did you claim? It looks like they are basing it on that number and nothing else really.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Did you pay taxes for '07? If so, you should be getting $600 each for you and DH, and then $300 per kid. But, if you didn't pay any taxes in (or, if you got enough credits that zero'd out your tax burden) then you only get $300 per adult.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:39 PM

I know i'm supposed to get 1200 now that i've read what a few of you have wrote, i'm just mad at the irs calculator. If i'm supposed to type all that stuff in, like my exemptions, and my tax liability, shouldn't it be able to spit out the right amount? What is the point on even having it if it's not correct? This whole time i had planned to not count on anything, and within the past month we had to borrow money from mil, which we are paying her back with this check. I hate being broke, where 600$ has this much impact on our lives

i also hate how the government handled this whole thing .... i don't feel like its really helping stimulate the economy at all, ours is basically going right back to the irs, because mil is using it to pay her taxes....

I'm sorry, i'm just pouting...i'll get over it, 1200$ is still better than 0.

E Veg*n Mom to ds 6 : dd 3
Old 05-05-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
i'm just mad at the irs calculator. If i'm supposed to type all that stuff in, like my exemptions, and my tax liability, shouldn't it be able to spit out the right amount?
As I recall, it DOES tell you that it's an estimate, not a definite amount.

User Tag List