Join Date: Aug 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought it might make a good thread to think about how to do a children's birthday party frugally. My ds1 was 5 recently and we are having a party for him this weekend. My frugal ideas so far.....
- We only just started having parties for him at age 4, before then just a meet up with friends at the park..
- We are having a joint party with a friend who has an August birthday so halving the costs
- Homemade birthday cake
- Homemade games e.g. pin the tail on the donkey, decorating cupcakes (homemade), outdoor play
- Borrowing plates and cups from friends so that we don't need to buy paper plates
- Saving banners/tablecloths etc from previous parties to reuse them
I'm sure you mamas have more - care to share them?
It's a Delight-Filled Life.
I bought some end of summer clearance dups and dishes at CVS about 8 years ago and ever since they've been the birthday plates. I got ten of everything and it all ended up costing around 10 bucks. I'm sure many stores have plenty of the summery dishware lying around when they're trying to get their back to school stuff out so that's the time to invest.
Um... any brilliant ideas for those of us in the north with winter birthdays?
My oldest is turning 3 in late November this year and has enough close friends that I'd like to have a "kid party" for him, but we have a very small house (and there are some accessibility issues, since one of his friends uses a wheel chair and there's stairs and no accessible potty at our house) so I don't think we could do it here. I can't count on snow, so sledding is out (plus, tough with younger siblings). I'm trying to think of something inexpensive and fun, but I'm not coming up with much.
|23 members and 13,717 guests|
|cagnew , Dakotacakes , Deborah , emmy526 , Gensi , girlspn , godusjourney , happy-mama , jamesmorrow , Janeen0225 , JElaineB , kathymuggle , Leelee3 , Lydia08 , Michele123 , moominmamma , muddie1 , NaturallyKait , Pujolmamen , scaramouche131 , sciencemum , sidrajedi , Springshowers|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|