**August No Spend Challenge** - We are in the home stretch...you can do it!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 484 Old 08-02-2008, 01:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1: : 2.00 Bus Fare and 2.30 on an ice cream for me

Truly no spend
: Groceries
Necessary or planned spending
: Unecessary spending
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 484 Old 08-02-2008, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umarider View Post
Any chance of shifting your trip to get past the Christmas rush? For $2k, I'd be willing to shift a few days. A Japanese friend who lives in Tokyo told me the New Sanno is really nicely decorated at Christmas. They make the trip to the neighborhood just to see the decorations, so they were really tickled the last time I went to Japan to actually get to go inside the NS!
Unfortunately no.. DH can only take leave two weeks out of the year because the rest of the year there is training and he is their only ammo guy. He has to be there until the Christmas 96 and has to be back by January 11th. Im actually really happy he can take leave this year, last year he was stuck the only one in the office and was only able to take 5 days off to spend with us.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#63 of 484 Old 08-02-2008, 03:01 AM

Aug. No Spend

1. ($700 rent, $176 first cable/internet/phone bill, $198 husband car payment, $50 USAA CC min payment)

0/31 No Spend Days
0/$75 Aug 1-9 groceries
0/$75 Aug 10-16 groceries
0/$75 Aug 17-23 groceries
0/$75 Aug 24-30 groceries
0/100 savings

On a happy note, I have an interview with a daycare provider for the fall semester tomorrow. She only charges $180 a week total for both kids : and is nearby the house and DH's work.
#64 of 484 Old 08-02-2008, 05:04 AM

We resisted ordering pizza for dinner!!

8/1

August Spending Goals:
No Spend days: 1/20
No etsy/DS/ebay: 1/25
Non-necessary Spending: <350

August Savings Goals:
Disneyland: 0/300
Swim: 0/250
Car: 0/100
#65 of 484 Old 08-02-2008, 09:10 AM

August 1- : :
August 2- : DH picked up a carseat (was on sale normally 99 on sale for 60) and a few other baby items. Total: 110.00 Also picked up lunch though. Not sure how much it was, thinking it was 10.00 (overestimating)

1/20 No Spend Days
2/25 No Drive Days
110/200 Baby purchases
0/1500 Car payment
1/20 organization days (we move in October)
2/20 Exercise days
0/25 Pack a lunch/snacks days
1/31 No fast food (really want to keep away from fast food this month)
0/200 Make money off things we don't need
0/300 Groceries

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#66 of 484 Old 08-02-2008, 09:55 AM

This helps so much. I had a cart full o' crap at Target (bbok and workbooks from the dollar spot @ 6 each per kid, so $24 easy) and left them in the buggy and just walked out! I am not strong enough for Target right now. I think I am going to buy our toiletries at the grocery store and spend two extra dollars over what I would buy in Target being waaay more than I would save.

Mag's Month
August 1st: 0$ & NUD (No Unnecessary Driving)
August 2nd:
August 3rd:
August 4th:
August 5th:
August 6th:
August 7th:
August 8th:
August 9th:
August 10th:
August 11th:
August 12th:
August 13th:
August 14th:
August 15th:
August 16th:
August 17th:
August 18th:
August 19th:
August 20th:
August 21st:
August 22nd:
August 23rd:
August 24th:
August 25th:
August 26th:
August 27th:
August 28th:
August 29th:
August 30th:
August 31st:

No Unnecessary Spending: 1/31
No Unnecessary Driving: 1/31

Jennifer
Valrico, FL
#67 of 484 Old 08-02-2008, 01:01 PM

Yesterday I spent $3.94 on coupons (thecouponclippers.com) and that was it. Today we're going to buy some food (with a menu!) and household stuff. Then it's off to a see a movie that we have free tix to (and we're bringing our own snacks). Should be a great no-spend weekend!

I am upset though, because I bought some fabric on a whim last week to make a skirt and it is half done and CRAP! Fabric totally stretched out on me. No way can I salvage it. $6 wasted.

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#68 of 484 Old 08-02-2008, 02:13 PM

August 1st:
August 2nd: :
$39.11 on budgeted groceries.
$2 in the basket at my OA meeting.
$15.90 out of July Allowance money.
I did do unnecessary driving, though, as I forgot the grocery money and had to go back for it
August 3rd:
August 4th:
August 5th:
August 6th:
August 7th:
August 8th:
August 9th:
August 10th:
August 11th:
August 12th:
August 13th:
August 14th:
August 15th:
August 16th:
August 17th:
August 18th:
August 19th:
August 20th:
August 21st:
August 22nd:
August 23rd:
August 24th:
August 25th:
August 26th:
August 27th:
August 28th:
August 29th:
August 30th:
August 31st:

Jaime's Key:
No Spend Day: 1/31
Budgeted Spending:
No Unnecessary Driving: 2/31
Let the Car Rest Day: :
Groceries: $39.11/$400.00

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#69 of 484 Old 08-02-2008, 04:31 PM

Yay! Yay! Yay!

I had a fabulously successful "sanctioned spend" day. Here are my confessions:

At the grocery store, I bought watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew. It wasn't on my list. But it was all 99c-1.50/lb, and we almost never see fruit in that price range, and how could I begrudge my kids in-season cheap fruit? So...that was my splurge.

Also, I bought a bottle of dishwashing liquid (on sale that wasn't on my list and that I could have made do without. And two cans of coconut milk on sale (I only ever buy it on sale, but it is a splurge), and some extra pasta for DH (also on sale). I forgot to account for unanticipated bargains in my budget and need to remember to have some money set aside for those.

I got all my grocery shopping for this month done, and, other than my above confessions, shopped strictly from my list. Except they were out of "our kind" of tamari, so I'll set aside some money in case I need to pick some up later this month. But NO OTHER GROCERY SPENDING THIS MONTH. I will make do with what I have. Yay for gardens and freezers and pantries.

Basically all of my August spending is now behind me, with the exception of gas (which I'm keeping careful track of, so I don't go over budget) and one bill that still needs to be mailed. So now I will just sit back, make do, spend nothing more (except gas and maybe tamari if we run out), and keep my fingers crossed that nothing unexpected comes up this month that my smallish emergency fund can't handle.

I've been working at "no-spend" for many months now, maybe over a year, and I am getting better at it. I don't tally my daily results here, but I do confess my transgressions to my DH, and just telling him makes me squirm, so that helps keep my spending in line!

Finally, I am proud to say that I did my shopping and got home and did not even realize until later that I didn't think about ice cream (my weakness) while in the store. And it is on sale, even! I didn't have to battle that demon because I didn't even recognize it. I hope this is a sign that I'm getting more disciplined about my shopping...

Amanda, mom to Everest (12), Alden (10-1/2), Ellery (7-1/2), & Avery (6)
#70 of 484 Old 08-02-2008, 04:57 PM

8/1:

No spend
Budget spend
Over spend

Man, I missed a few days at the end of July waiting to find some receipts and get hubby's spending and it all just fell apart. I feel weird jumping back in without finishing July, but I gotta just get back on the cart. And I can still finish July later if I chose. Right? GAH!!

I've got to grocery shop later so I'll do today's tally tonight.
#71 of 484 Old 08-02-2008, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
2 :

plans are:
*look into moving somewhere cheaper (hubby will have to transfer)
*eat out of freezer (since we couldn't move it anyway)
*try to only have tv on if someone is actually watching it
*place extra furmiture/household for sale or freecycle
*leave dryer and washer unplugged when not in use
*continue to hang/rack dry most laundry
*try to use a/c less
*groceries under $75 per week

(no spend) 20/31
(budgeted, unnecessary) 8/31
: (no drive) 10/31

progress:
1/20
1/8
: 1/10
#72 of 484 Old 08-02-2008, 08:09 PM

02.. $85 new bike for DD

Goal:
1/20 No Spend Days
Total Frivolous Spending = $85.00

#73 of 484 Old 08-02-2008, 08:24 PM

Hello! I'm a Norwegian freelance writer and staying-at-home-mum with a husband and two and a half year old son at home; and a 24 year old daughter, three and a half year old granddaughter, and 20 year old son who have all moved out.

I want to spend as little as possible in August because:

1. we have a huge mortgage that is costing us more and more as the interest rate goes up and up, and we want to pay down a good chunk to give ourselves more economical freedom.
2. I want to work less and spend more time on my Ph.D.
3. we want to get into a habit of being frugal because we don't want to fall into the trap of having to work more than we want to, and therefore having to put our son in kindergarten, and therefore having to work even more to pay for that.
4. we want to contribute to a sustainable usage of the planet's resources.

Here's my plan for getting spending under control:

1. Get my husband on board in a positive way, so that he feels that this is his project too!
2. Set aside a lump of cash to be kept in a box in the kitchen for groceries.
3. Set aside specific times for work so that I actually get it done without too much pain (it has been difficult to find the time lately).
4. Make meal plans for each week.
5. Try to get things for free or second-hand when we need something.
6. Walk instead of taking the bus if it's not too far.
7. Make a buffer on our bills account to avoid overdraughts.
8. Update the plan as I get more ideas, and post here about how I'm doing.

Here are my goals for August (amounts mainly in Norwegian kroners (NOK):

1. Spend no more than 5000 NOK (= 971 USD) on groceries.
2. All money that I earn should be used as downpayments on our mortgage - we should be able to live off only my husband's wages (so that I can eventually finish my Ph D. )
3. Pay off 20 000 NOK (= 3883,50 USD) on our mortgage (due to big, unexpected expenses this goal has had to be scrapped )
4. Work three hours a day.
5. Try to sell or give away four things (also helps clearing out the enormous deposits of stuff in our storage rooms).
6. Avoid throwing away food, plan meals to avoid that left-over ingredients that will never be used accumulate in the fridge - and keep the fridge tidy, to avoid good food hiding in the shadows and rotting!
7. Cut down on sweets and salty snacks - once a week only!
8. Use tumble dryer only when necessary
9. Start making preparations to rent out part of our house, hope to be able to rent it out from September!
10. No unnecessary spending! Only one restaurant meal (promised my 20-year old one), and find an inexpensive way to buy gifts for the new babies that my husband's three cousins just had.

August day by day (starting August 2nd):
2: : :: Gift for friend's new baby, 200 NOK (= 39 USD)
3. : : :
4. : : 150 NOK (= 29 USD) groceries, 500 NOK (= 97 USD) sushi for my 20 year old's birthday party (was already paid by my ex, this was my half that I owed him). Put an ad on the web to give away two monitors and two keyboards. Threw away a small, dried-up piece of cheese that I found in the back of the fridge. Resisted spending 20 £ on books!
5. : : 130,50 NOK (= 25 USD) groceries, 1200 NOK (= 233 USD) husband's dentist appointment, 298 NOK (= 58 USD) PCMSIA USB card for my laptop, since the USB ports are all broken. Threw away a completely green quarter of a bread that was hiding in the back of a cupboard, apparently those need to be kept tidier too. I gave away a monitor and a keyboard (the remaining monitor and keyboard it turned out my husband actually wanted to keep). I have discovered a problem: I'm due to pay 35000 NOK (= 6796 USD) income tax mid-September and another 35000 NOK mid-November, and I haven't set aside enough money, so it seems I will probably not be able to make the mortgage payment that I was hoping for. I'm still struggling with the book that I resisted buying yesterday, but I still haven't bought it: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Miracle-Spee...7968606&sr=1-2.
6. : : 60 NOK (= 13,35 USD) groceries, 499 NOK (= 96,50 USD) ad for a new flat for my daughter/granddaughter, got second hand sofa for husband's studio for free, threw away another moldy quarter of a bread - this time one that we were eating, and had only been in the cupboard for a couple of days. We don't go through a bread fast enough anymore, after my big kids moved out, it seems! Made a plan for painting and doing up the rental unit!
7. : : 117,50 groceries (= 23 $). A friend of mine bought a flat and my daughter is going to rent the flat that she is moving out from, so the 499 NOK for the ad yesterday was a waste of money.
8. : : A non-spend day! I see that I have problems fulfilling work time goals, three hours is just a bit more than it's easy to fit into a day when my husband isn't home. I will have to work during the weekend, which I was hoping to avoid! I started moving my clothes downstairs to clear the rental unit and rearrange the rooms we are now going to be using. A very small step! Exciting news: I found out today that I'm cited in a book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Used-Books-M...8215097&sr=1-1, so I will have to buy it - but not today!
9. : 198 NOK (= $ 37), 15 NOK (= $ 2,80) velcro to repair two-year-old's shoes, 129 NOK (= $ 24) new rubber boots for same, threw away four moldy potatoes and a quarter of an old lettuce.
10. : : 118 NOK (= $ 22) groceries, moved more clothes down and started on clearing cupboard space to move out of rental unit; my daughter can't move into the flat that my friend is moving out from after all, because they don't want to rent to anyone with children! So the ad might not have been a waste of money after all (at least not because of that flat opportunity, but maybe because she seems to have no good results with it). I fixed the shoes using the velcro I bought yesterday, saving the money I would have had to spend on a new pair!
11. : : : 161 NOK (= $ 30) groceries, NOK 15 (= $ 2,80) writing pad.
12. : : : We have a new problem, which is that the estate agent that didn't succeed in selling our house last year, now wants us to pay the money that we owe them (which we were hoping to get out of, since, after all, they didn't sell our house). We managed to talk it down from NOK 41500 (= $ 7699) to NOK 35000 (= $ 6796, this seems to be the magic number this month) by suggesting that we pay soon in return for a reduction. But that's still a lot of money... as a result of this we won't be able to save any money for a mortgage downpayment this month or next.
13. : : : NOK 159 (= $ 29,50) groceries, NOK 160 (= $ 30) buscard, NOK 75 (= $ 14) lunch for eldest son and myself, NOK 40 (= $ 7,42) ticket to petting zoo (these two last will have to be taken from the groceries budget).
14. : : : : NOK 228 (= $ 42) groceries, NOK 16 (= $ 3) coffees for me and a friend. Sold a sling and a wool nappy cover for NOK 225 (= $ 41,50). Had to use the tumble drier (nappies).
15. : : : NOK 162 (= $ 30) groceries, sold nappy and inserts for NOK 120 (= $ 22), NOK 2998 (= $ 553) husband's dentist appointment (having snoring contraption fitted, hope it WORKS!)
16. : : NOK 367,50 (= $ 67), NOK 70 (= $ 13) sewing thread, NOK 89 (= $ 16) birthday present, had to use drier because of urgent need for clean sheet (bad planning)! Finished clearing downstairs closet and moving my clothes into it.
17. - 26. Fell off the wagon because of unexpected and unprovoked attack on my husband. But we actually haven't exceeded our original groceries budget!

It seems a bit cute now that I was actually worrying about how often I used the tumble drier... I hope we can get our normal life back as soon as possible.

Status / results (starting August 2nd, and with a period of emergency and chaos from 17th to 26th:

3/30 + 12/30 = 15/30
: 15/30, NOK 2242,50/5000 - don't know the numbers anymore, but have a few hundred left of the groceries money
NOK 6117 - don't know the numbers anymore
: 8/4, NOK 365 - have sold more, for about NOK 550 (= $ 100)
: 0/20000 - this one as well and truly blown
: 7/20 - haven't been able to work since the attack
: 9/30 - don't know the numbers anymore
17/26
20/30
0/0

Key:

No-spend
budgeted/planned/necessary spending
: unexpected spending
frivolous spending
: stuck to meal plan / food budget
: free or bought second hand, or selling/giving away
: money set aside for mortgage downpayment
: work time goal accomplished
: no food thrown away
no sweets
no tumble dry
preparing rental unit
#74 of 484 Old 08-02-2008, 08:46 PM

Great idea! Of course, I found it while waiting for DH to bring back dinner

We did resist the urge to stop at Sonic on the way home from buying new car seats today. (I made frozen smoothies at home instead) We needed the car seats, so even though it was a splurge, it was a worthy one. We're expecting a new baby in December, and my goal is to keep our current car ... which means figuring out how to get 3 car seats in the back ... the only items we need for the baby are a car seat, another bra or two fro me, and additional cloth diapers. We're having a home birth, so we also need to save money for that.

So, our spending today was not minimal, but mostly necessary. We also fueled up the car with biodiesel - not cheap, but a very green expense :

We're inherently pretty thrifty, but these next few months will be intense ... we're repainting the house to get it ready to sell in the spring and move into an RV. The ultimate goal is one of downsizing, but there will be a lot of expenses along the way. (new paint, window covering, other pimping) We at least have a disdain for buying "new" ... resale all the way!! :

my dinner is here now
--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#75 of 484 Old 08-02-2008, 08:56 PM

1: $8 uniform skirt
2: $9.50 ice cream, $28 oil change

*0/12 no spend days
*2/31 spend w/in budget days
*9.50/$500 food budget:
*28/$200 household budget
*8/$150 dd's uniforms
*0/$30 fun money
*Sell Cosleeper, Majamas tops, and Maternity jeans
*0/$200 extra to savings

Well, we will also be paying $75 for an ER copay, but they are going to bill us for that:. Dd pushed ds into a chair and he got a deep hole right between his eyes. He was a trooper and is now sporting 2 stitches. The copay would have been less if we had gotten in to urgent care instead of the ER, but we would have had to wait 3 hours for the next available appt and that wasn't going to work with an injured 3 yo.

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#76 of 484 Old 08-02-2008, 08:58 PM

08/01
08/02

I am so tired! We've been canning all day. No time to spend!

2/20 No spend days.
0/$100 Unnecessary spending.

Jenny, proud maker of red things
#77 of 484 Old 08-02-2008, 10:07 PM

Friday, August 1: $26 pedicure; $4.85 Chipotle; $14 GW
Saturday, August 2: $4.75 McD's
#78 of 484 Old 08-03-2008, 12:58 AM

Low key day filled with lots of playing and downtime with a little park action, bike race cheering, and duck feeding tossed in. True no spend, though there will be a fee at Monday's appt. for testing on kitty poo we dropped at the vet.

Kim :

Aug. 1:
Aug. 2:

GOALS:
* Less than $50 in frivolous spending: month to date $0
* At least 25 days (no spend or spending w/in budget): 2/25
* Pack snacks/water for outings: 2/31
* NO library fines: month to date $0
* Stay within grocery/eating out budget: To update for 8/1/$500
* ORGANIZE/declutter (lack of organization = spending): 2/25
* Exercise (feeling good = decreased emotional spending): 1/25
* Meal plan created: 0/4 weeks
* Sell rental house by 8/31 - open houses scheduled for 8/15,8/16,8/17...
#79 of 484 Old 08-03-2008, 01:09 AM

1. Please introduce yourself and tell us why you have decided to spend nothing (or spend significantly less) for the Month of August.
Hi, I'm Summer. I am PT WOHM with a 2 yo DD and a babe on the way due Thanksgiving-ish. I'll be taking a month off for maternity leave from my "jobs", yes plural . We're planning a homebirth and need to pay our MW out of pocket (with insurance to be billed for services). So I need to save some $$ to pay the MW and pay down some debt. Also I'm applying to school for Fall 2009 and need to start getting a slush fund for that.
2. No spending is hard work. You need a plan. Please tell us your game plan -- how do you plan to approach no spending for a month?
I am going to not spend for 15 days this month. I will record all pennies that leave my hands, simply to be accountable to myself. When I have to look at where I've spent $$ the past month it really makes me think. I will stay away from the mall and start thrifting if I really need something. (I'm a horrible thrifter...can never find anything, so this should help me with not spending!)
3. Be specific! What are your goals? How many no spend days is right for you? Do you have a savings goal? Debt repayment goal?
15/31 No-Spend days :
20/31 : at home days

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
#80 of 484 Old 08-03-2008, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadia105 View Post
Well, we will also be paying $75 for an ER copay, but they are going to bill us for that:. Dd pushed ds into a chair and he got a deep hole right between his eyes. He was a trooper and is now sporting 2 stitches. The copay would have been less if we had gotten in to urgent care instead of the ER, but we would have had to wait 3 hours for the next available appt and that wasn't going to work with an injured 3 yo.
I would have gladly paid more $ to avoid a 3 hour delay; hope your little guy is feeling better Nadia!

Kim
#81 of 484 Old 08-03-2008, 01:17 AM

8/1: $8.69 McD's
8/2: $25.00 SpoonRiver, $25.00 flour sack dress for DD, $5.00 parking, $25.00 at the baseball game, $34.00 parking ticket :.
8/3: $9.00 at the art fairs but we biked so :

0/15 No-Spend days
1/20 : at Home days
1/10 : No-drive days

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
#82 of 484 Old 08-03-2008, 01:46 AM

1: : 2.00 Bus Fare and 2.30 on an ice cream for me
2: Good news is 83.17 in returns at Target . . . but hubby and I had lunch: 25, then I spent 48.45 at Target, plus : 4.71 . . . and : 3.57 on some candy and 51.61 on two pairs of shoes online. However, I got some really good deals today and although I spent more than I would have liked to, I am satisfied!!!

Truly no spend
: Groceries
Necessary or planned spending
: Unecessary spending
#83 of 484 Old 08-03-2008, 02:52 AM

8/1
8/2

August Spending Goals:
No Spend days: 2/20
No etsy/DS/ebay: 2/25
Non-necessary Spending: <350

August Savings Goals:
Disneyland: 25/300
Swim: 5/250
Car: 0/100
#84 of 484 Old 08-03-2008, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrabbit View Post
my dinner is here now
--janis
Another rabbit! Hello! :
#85 of 484 Old 08-03-2008, 07:41 AM

Had hoped today would be a no-spend, but went to Costco to get suitcases for DH's trip (didn't have them at my regular Costco), and while I was there I got a few other things including the avocados I've been trying to hard to resist because they are so expensive. But the quesadillas I made tonight were great! I love guacamole!:

8/1 $57 Gas, $116 Groceries, $44 Household,$62 Costco/Groceries $2 McD's
8/2 $16 household, $9 Groceries

My goal is to have 2 no-spend days each week, and to have at least a little $ left over at the end of the month (something that definitely did not happen in July!)

Groceries: $187/$460
Gas: $57/$400
Dining/Ent.: $2/$120
Household: $60/$150
No-spend Days: wk1- /2, wk2- /2, wk3- /2, wk4- /2[/QUOTE]
#86 of 484 Old 08-03-2008, 11:04 AM

02.. $85 new bike for DD

Goal:
2/20 No Spend Days
Total Frivolous Spending = $85.00

~~~

Not leaving the house today so no spend.

The only danger is if the mouse on this computer clicks over there on the Green Mountain Diaper website.

#87 of 484 Old 08-03-2008, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
2 :
3 :

plans are:
*look into moving somewhere cheaper (hubby will have to transfer)
*eat out of freezer (since we couldn't move it anyway)
*try to only have tv on if someone is actually watching it
*place extra furmiture/household for sale or freecycle
*leave dryer and washer unplugged when not in use
*continue to hang/rack dry most laundry
*try to use a/c less
*groceries under $75 per week
*trying to do all planned errands on monday only

(no spend) 20/31
(budgeted, unnecessary) 8/31
: (no drive) 10/31

progress:
2/20
1/8
: 2/10
#88 of 484 Old 08-03-2008, 12:39 PM

Ok! july was my best month of no-spend ever. I hope to equal it this month. I am comfortable with where my goals are, and really need to stick to them since I don't go back to work until the end of the month. Free outings are necessary! We also need to save money to pay for the rest of Dd #2's adoption, and Dd #1's school tuition bill which even with financial aid is really $$.

Aug 1 groceries 12.40,drinks out3.73
August 2No Spend/No drive
August 38.00-dipe on diaperswappers
August Goals:
No unbudget spend days goal 15/30, 1/30
No Drive Days goal: 9/30,1/30
No frivolous spending over 100 actual: 11.73/100
Sold items 0/50
Thrift/HB kit items: 0/20
Decluttering/organizing 20 min day 1/24
Grocery budget 12.40/350.00
Baked/bulk cooking:1/10
Study/Daven daily goal 2/15

July Goals:Awesome!:
No unbudget spend days goal 17/30 +2,No Drive Days goal:11/30+1
No frivolous spending93.56/100 7.00 under!, Grocery budget 341.73/375-30.00 UNDER,
#89 of 484 Old 08-03-2008, 02:38 PM

August 1~ :
August 2~ $148 today was grocery shopping and csa pick up day...I did get coffee out today becasue I was out BUT...I used my free coffee card!

I am a bit bummed...I forgot dh's steak and he comes home tomorow. I need to drive to town to get it . Another spend day for us! Boo and whoops!
August 3~ $116

edited to add wht I spent in town today.

key:
no spend
no drive :

1/20
1/20 :
#90 of 484 Old 08-03-2008, 02:41 PM

8/1: $47.08 groceries, $10.50 diapers, $25.85 gas
8/2: : $.50 honey sticks at farmer's market, $3 rhinestone stickers (bindis for the kids ), $2 burrito in the lot after Yonder

No spend days 1/16
Grocery total: $47.08/$250

My key:
: = no spend
= budgeted spending
: = unnecessary spending

Single mama to DD 10/18/03 and DS 9/15/05 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page