Mothering Forum banner

The best place to buy bulk food?

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  ChetMC 
#1 ·
Do any of you have a favorite place to buy bulk food (rice, beans, tvp and other veg things)?

TIA!

#4 ·
Another Costco devotee here-I am amazed at some of the deals I get there. I really love Costco-it becomes more apparent every time I go there.

Things I buy there-
bulk parmesan
organic milk(so cheap)
butter
olive oil(also cheap)
organic tomato products
rice
flour
sugar
chocolate chips
sundried tomatoes and artichoke heart(these are pennies on the $$)

That's all I can think of right now. I love Costco
:

#5 ·
I have been going to Costco, and there are some things there that seam to be the cheapest.. sugar being one of them. I was just wondering if there were other better places to get stuff like beans and tvp.

I will likely be doing a Costco run in the next few days and will be stocking up on sugar (cane juice), canned soup, peanut butter, and boca burgers. Then I plan to hit the asian market for cheap tofu and rice.

I am also looking into starting a Buying Club with Frontier for myself and some other local mama friends.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dogmom327 View Post
Azure Standard. I believe they deliver to SLC

Oh yeah, I forgot about them.. a friend of mine goes through them, I believe.

#7 ·
The Macey's next to us is having a case lot sale. They sell TVP and freeze dried fruits and veggies. I go there every year and stock up. Their cans are 49 cents right now. If you can find a Western Family grocery store by you I bet they have the same sale going on. hth

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by meesa143 View Post
The Macey's next to us is having a case lot sale. They sell TVP and freeze dried fruits and veggies. I go there every year and stock up. Their cans are 49 cents right now. If you can find a Western Family grocery store by you I bet they have the same sale going on. hth
Oh thanks! How long is the sale going on?

#11 ·
Costco is getting more organics aren't they?

We have three boys and shopping at Costco has really reduced our bills.

Otherwise I buy some things from the bulk bins at Fred Meyer. Things that I don't need very often or can't find at Costco.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.