Mothering Forum banner

Spent the weekend 'cashing in' points

449 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Rev1053 
#1 ·
With banks and financial institutions closing and failing left and right DH and I decided to cash in our 'bonus points' this weekend. You know those points you accumulate when you use your credit card, debit card etc. Different places call them different things. We really werent saving for anything Huge item for free vacation etc.

We got FREE movie tickets, cash cards, gfit cards, more movie tickets, and there will be a cash deposit made into our bank account in the amount of $250.00 on monday.

We had ALOT of points, the movie tickets are for the kids for xmas. And we will use the cash/gift cards instead of our $$ during the weeks.

While I dont expect our bank to fail, I didnt want to loose our points. In speaking with the points dept they said they had 'alot' of calls in the past couple weeks of people with the same thought process.

Just something to keep in mind, and a great way to get a head start on holiday shopping for free.

#2 ·
Excellent idea.

We've been saving our points to put toward a dishwasher, but I think I'll just go ahead and cash my points in for gift cards now. Sears gift cards don't lose their value over time, and I know we're going to need that new dishwasher in the next 6 months anyway, so I'd really, really hate to lose my points if something were to happen.

Thanks for the tip!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.