My name is Holly and i'm a mocha latte addict - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 108 Old 10-03-2008, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know what you mean about the lure of the Starbucks drink! Good luck with your 12-step program!

I really LOVE my mochas, so I am not interested in going cold turkey and cutting them out. For me, it's about the whole process of someone else making the drink, etc. I ask for Starbucks cards for my bday, Mother's Day, etc. (I will have to check out the coinstar option--thanks for the idea!) I also use them as motivators for myself--I will have a mocha if I _insert unpleasant task here_. I think it's a great reward, and actually pretty cheap...considering some of the other rewards I could give myself!

Using my cards very carefully, I dole out my mochas to myself. I only order the smallest size and don't go as often as I used to. But I still enjoy them from time to time. I agree that they are expensive, but it's something I enjoy a great deal, so I am ok with my addiction, in moderation.
#62 of 108 Old 10-04-2008, 01:47 PM

Not sure if this will help (or hurt!) anyone's budget, but I just read in my Costco magazine that Costco warehouse are going to sell a package of FIVE $20 Starbucks gift cards for $79.99!

I am going to buy a package and have that be our "Starbucks budget" for the year.

Plus, I think when you use the Starbucks cards you get free soy milk and flavor shots that will save us even more money.

Mommy to DS Adrian 8/10/04 and DD Geneva 9/02/09
#63 of 108 Old 10-04-2008, 02:04 PM

I think one reason the mocha lattes and other flavored coffees at Starbucks are so popular is that they are uber sweet--but the drinker does not have to add the sugar/corn syrup themselves to make it that way.

It is like crossing this psychological line--it would be too strange for someone to make a latte at home and realize they have to put two or three big tablespoons of sugar or a huge dose of flavored corn syrup in there, so they go to Starbucks where it is done for them, so they don't have to think about it.

People who don't normally like coffee often like these kinds of drinks because with normal cup of coffee you are not putting three tablespoons of sugar and flavoring in there to sweeten it up, you just pay and start drinking in the sweet nectar!

If you can just get over that psychological barrier of adding your own sweetener and realize you like your coffee to be REALLY sweet--you would probably start liking regular coffee more. The steamed milk is a whole other thing, I realize--but I swear it is the sweetener and people not wanting to own up to it that makes people love these drinks so much. It is easier not to think about the calories and fat you are consuming when someone else is doing the making of it.
#64 of 108 Old 10-04-2008, 03:49 PM

I think you're probably right.
#65 of 108 Old 10-04-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
OMG OMG you think you're kidding about petting my dog but I live in Charlottesville too!!! We go to La Taza every morning (in the Belmont area), she's the blackish-greyish medium-sized hound/mutt tied to the stair railing!
Nah, I know you're local. I was entirely serious, though I won't really stalk you (nor pet a dog without direct permission).

We don't get to La Taza often, but we do go there from time to time. I like Fox Park over on the Corner (I live on the edge of Fifeville).

One thing I have to give Starbucks props for: their plastic travel mugs/cups. They have a great screw-on lid and a *tight* silicone rubber seal on both the lid and the sippy part. This is the only 16oz tumbler fitting my sensibilities (ahem. skellies. bats. pumpkins.) that fits in my stroller cup holder and doesn't spill (when closed). The only downside is that these plastic tumblers have an inner sleeve that can snap away from the outer side. On the design-your-own tumblers this is intentional. On the seasonal, decorated tumblers, it's a design flaw that easily succumbs to a forgetful woman with a powerful trunk latch. *sigh*

I keep eyeing those gorgeous porcelain travel cups at WFM but I don't think they'd fare any better when launched from atop my car's trunk to the asphalt.

Ah, well, Halloween will be here soon. And the sale merchandise will be available in November.

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

#66 of 108 Old 10-04-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelyndale View Post
Nah, I know you're local. I was entirely serious, though I won't really stalk you (nor pet a dog without direct permission).

We don't get to La Taza often, but we do go there from time to time. I like Fox Park over on the Corner (I live on the edge of Fifeville).

One thing I have to give Starbucks props for: their plastic travel mugs/cups. They have a great screw-on lid and a *tight* silicone rubber seal on both the lid and the sippy part. This is the only 16oz tumbler fitting my sensibilities (ahem. skellies. bats. pumpkins.) that fits in my stroller cup holder and doesn't spill (when closed). The only downside is that these plastic tumblers have an inner sleeve that can snap away from the outer side. On the design-your-own tumblers this is intentional. On the seasonal, decorated tumblers, it's a design flaw that easily succumbs to a forgetful woman with a powerful trunk latch. *sigh*

I keep eyeing those gorgeous porcelain travel cups at WFM but I don't think they'd fare any better when launched from atop my car's trunk to the asphalt.

Ah, well, Halloween will be here soon. And the sale merchandise will be available in November.
Oh I see-- I thought it was a coincidence b/c I changed my location so it's not so obvious anymore that I'm in C-ville. Did you know there's a brand-new coffee place on the Corner? It's called Para Coffee, and it's at the very end of Elliewood Ave (gutsy location given that the SBux is right on the corner of that street!). It just opened about two weeks ago. I like it so far.

I know what you mean about the Starbucks travel mugs, though. My sister has worked for them for several years, and I have obtained a mug through her. (Can't remember now whether it was a gift, or if she just left it at my apartment. ) But yeah it works really well. I just miss living in the same city as she does, because she used to gift us with free pounds of beans-- they each get a pound a week free, which is more than she drinks alone-- as well as free drinks when we visited her, etc. Sigh.

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#67 of 108 Old 10-05-2008, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingForKiddos View Post
My name is Cindy and I'm an Iced Chai Tea Latte addict.

I was able to make my drink at home. The concentrate is still another 5 bucks...and more milk used up. But it's much better than 3-4.50 a pop!
mmmmm! Do you do it up frappacino style, or just over ice? Have a recipe??

Catholic homeschooling mom of 5 - a teenager, a kindergartener, twin boys and a tiny princess. Follow the Adventures! 

#68 of 108 Old 10-05-2008, 02:46 AM

Mommas ....
I have a PDF file of Starbucks recipes .... how to make your favorite drinks at home. I downloaded it somewhere ..... can't recall--- never mind -- coffeefair.com

It has recipes for Frappacinos, Frozen Frappacinos, Gingerbread Lattes, Peppermint Mocha, etc.

I seriously considered buying a latte machine off Ebay for this.

Catholic homeschooling mom of 5 - a teenager, a kindergartener, twin boys and a tiny princess. Follow the Adventures! 

#69 of 108 Old 10-05-2008, 03:09 AM
Banned

My name is CB and I am a medium half decaf latte addict at $3.35 per trip to the local coffee shop.
#70 of 108 Old 10-05-2008, 03:26 AM

My current job requires interviewing people for a research project. I meet them at their home, place of work, or local coffee shop. I actually have a cafe budget from work, since I can't sit in a cafe without ordering something. So my chai lattes and iced coffees are all paid for! (I have a few a week). If only I could write off the calories to the boss as well...
#71 of 108 Old 10-05-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiannaK View Post
Mommas ....
I have a PDF file of Starbucks recipes .... how to make your favorite drinks at home. I downloaded it somewhere ..... can't recall--- never mind -- coffeefair.com

It has recipes for Frappacinos, Frozen Frappacinos, Gingerbread Lattes, Peppermint Mocha, etc.

I seriously considered buying a latte machine off Ebay for this.

wow...thank you for sharing that!

: : vicki ~ wife & mom of 2 amazing kids
live well ~ laugh often ~ love much
#72 of 108 Old 10-05-2008, 11:02 AM

I agree with the poster that said they are a good reward...and they are cheaper than buying say a new shirt of shoes...I guess we can justify anything right

My hubby and I are REALLY lucky as we are both teachers in pretty well to do schools. I think that last year between the two of us, mostly my hubby since he is elementary and I am middle, we got at least $200-300 worth of starbucks gift cards...however, we gave a bunch a way as stocking stuffers...but still had PLENTY to enjoy...and my hubby lets me use them all! He likes to buy a case of beer once or twice a month, so he figures, giving these to me is only fair...isn't he sweet! I don't drink, so Starbucks is my alcohol

I had to try their new pumpkin spice latte...only 1/2 the syrup...yummo

not trying to tempt our 12 steppers!
#73 of 108 Old 10-05-2008, 04:00 PM

The only time I ever go to Starbucks is if I'm traveling out-of-town, because even if it is overpriced and over-roasted to the point of being burnt, I still know what I'm getting when I order when I'm at home, there are just too many mom-and-pop coffehouses to justify lining Howard Schultz' pockets That, and as an ex-barista, that thing about supervisors skimming off the tips still galls me.

At home, I drink Medaglia D'oro- it's this amazing instant espresso with the most complex flavors and no bitterness. A 2oz jar is less then $6 at my local grocer and lasts at least a month at 2-3 beverages a day. I heat a mug of milk, add my coffee, stir in some chocolate syrup (Hershey has a lower-sugar formula of their regular syrup, Target carries it), and voila! A better mocha then I could have gotten at almost any coffee shop, with less sugar, and for a fraction of the price!

: Once I ran out of Medaglia and used Nescafe instead- it tasted just like Starbucks, super bitter! So if that's the flavor you prefer, skip the instant espresso and get the cheapest instant coffee you can find instead
#74 of 108 Old 10-06-2008, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
Did you know there's a brand-new coffee place on the Corner? It's called Para Coffee, and it's at the very end of Elliewood Ave (gutsy location given that the SBux is right on the corner of that street!). It just opened about two weeks ago. I like it so far.
I saw that it was open, but I haven't been there. I'm too loyal to Fox Park, which is also on the Corner (up by Baja Bean and Just Curry). Is Para stroller-friendly? Elliewood's sidewalks aren't always stroller-friendly, so I generally don't take the urchin through there.

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

#75 of 108 Old 10-06-2008, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiannaK View Post
mmmmm! Do you do it up frappacino style, or just over ice? Have a recipe??
You can buy chai concentrate. We do all the time. I prefer the 'Oregan Chai' brand. Our local super Target carries it, world market, too. I love it because you can get it in sugar free so that cuts calories big time. The recipe is simple; half milk and half chai, adjust to your liking. This summer I drank these all the time instead of making lattes. In the winter I use our espresso machine to steam it up hot.

Enjoy!

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#76 of 108 Old 10-06-2008, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
Not sure if this will help (or hurt!) anyone's budget, but I just read in my Costco magazine that Costco warehouse are going to sell a package of FIVE $20 Starbucks gift cards for $79.99!

I am going to buy a package and have that be our "Starbucks budget" for the year.

Plus, I think when you use the Starbucks cards you get free soy milk and flavor shots that will save us even more money.
omg you are pure evil and i LOVE you! hahah, i can totally justify my spending now I am saving money that way

And i am coming to terms with it. I already sacrifice A LOT. Literally there is nothing else left to "cut out" of my budget so a latte a day is an okay thing for me! I deserve it! haha

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#77 of 108 Old 10-22-2008, 09:24 PM

I am resurrecting this because we were starbucks addicts until today. Between the drinks, the treats, the kids treat and the gas I am not even going to admit what one trip would cost us. Then add in my DH's trips to dunkin donuts almost daily. We did a bunch of research on espresso machines and bought a mid range super automatic. I plugged it in, pressed a button and about 2 minutes later was handing my DH one of the best cappuccinos we have ever had. Wow, it was so smooth and yummy and no burnt taste. I was so surprised at how much better it tastes. I cannot wait to try a mocha. I expect we will break even on the machine in about 2-3 months. Then we will be saving money. Not to mention calories on all those treats and gas to get them. Buying a good machine is so worth it.
#78 of 108 Old 10-22-2008, 10:44 PM

I buy this great mocha mix at costco for like $7 a container. It last me a few months. You can make hot drinks or cold. It is wonderful and I can't live without it. It saves me tons of money making them at home.
#79 of 108 Old 10-22-2008, 11:27 PM

DH and I were just talking about this whole "saving money on coffee" issue. He sometimes likes to stop at Whole Foods on the way into work and buy a coffee there. It's just a brewed coffee and it's cheaper than a latte or mocha at Starbucks but it's still more expensive than making it at home. He sometimes will also pick up some protein bars for later, or a pastry to go with the coffee. I also sometimes stop through the coffee place (Starbucks or a local place) drivethrough, or sometimes go sit in a coffeehouse when my DD is at preschool or in the evenings when I need a break.

What we've realized is that sometimes you are just paying for the beverage, and sometimes you are paying for the experience--either of relaxing in a cafe or just feeling pampered or having a break or a little ritual that you do for yourself. If we just want the coffee or chai, we make it at home. If we really just want the part of the experience that can't be replicated as easily as a mocha can, then we consider that as an entertainment expenditure.

On a theoretical note, one of the things that I've always thought about Starbucks in particular is that if you view celebrity gossip magazines or look at those types of photos online, (like People, US, etc.) they always have photos of celebrities photographed walking down the street with their Starbucks cups and distinctively green straws. I think that part of the appeal of Starbucks for many people, if even only on a sort of subliminal level, is that even if we don't necessarily look up to celebrities themselves, many of us probably at least might like to have some of their affluence and some of the lifestyle perks that it affords. When you see a pic of Jennifer Aniston or the Olsen twins or Britney Spears or so on, if you are a lower or middle class person you know that you can't afford or even aspire to the designer clothes they're wearing, or the $5000 handbag they are carrying, or the multi-million-dollar mansion that they live in, or the car they drive--but you can afford to spend five bucks and drink the exact same Frappuccino that the rich and famous do!! I think I've read that part of the reason that Starbucks doesn't offer coupons is that they know that this would sort of cheapen their brand image and make their coffee a bit more "down-market" whereas now it's sort of something that people can treat as a bit of an indulgence and a luxury that they can afford.
#80 of 108 Old 10-23-2008, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamalluv View Post

The trick I used was to teach my husband how to use the coffee maker and make me a cup of coffee first thing in the morning. And also switch jobs to one that has a commute that goes NOWHERE NEAR a starbucks.
Since I live where I do, I actually drive by I think FIVE Starbucks in my less than 10 minute drive to work. Insane.

We have a very nice machine at home. It was quite expensive but it paid for itself quickly.

For those of you that want to syrups and flavoring...you can actually buy Starbucks and other brands of coffee syrups to use at home. It is more expensive than plain sugar but you can get cinnamon dulce, pumpkin spice etc.

And frappachino peeps are good to go with a blender and a can of whipped cream.

All of the $3-5 drinks can be made at home, and often made to suit you better than the chains. Really, I swear.

Katie, mama to one big boy (6/03) and one little boy (12/08).
It is never the wrong time to do the right thing.
#81 of 108 Old 10-23-2008, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilys_mom1 View Post
I buy this great mocha mix at costco for like $7 a container. It last me a few months. You can make hot drinks or cold. It is wonderful and I can't live without it. It saves me tons of money making them at home.
Gimme some tips! I have that mix, but I don't love it made the way the directions say...
#82 of 108 Old 10-23-2008, 03:34 AM
Banned

had my last latte today. my card has 5 cents on it.
#83 of 108 Old 10-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post
I think one reason the mocha lattes and other flavored coffees at Starbucks are so popular is that they are uber sweet--but the drinker does not have to add the sugar/corn syrup themselves to make it that way.

It is like crossing this psychological line--it would be too strange for someone to make a latte at home and realize they have to put two or three big tablespoons of sugar or a huge dose of flavored corn syrup in there, so they go to Starbucks where it is done for them, so they don't have to think about it.

People who don't normally like coffee often like these kinds of drinks because with normal cup of coffee you are not putting three tablespoons of sugar and flavoring in there to sweeten it up, you just pay and start drinking in the sweet nectar!

If you can just get over that psychological barrier of adding your own sweetener and realize you like your coffee to be REALLY sweet--you would probably start liking regular coffee more. The steamed milk is a whole other thing, I realize--but I swear it is the sweetener and people not wanting to own up to it that makes people love these drinks so much. It is easier not to think about the calories and fat you are consuming when someone else is doing the making of it.
Um....I get the sugar free syrup when I buy lattes at starbucks.

And I use no sugar in my coffee at home, either. I use enough Sweet'N'Low to grow a new tail every day.
#84 of 108 Old 10-23-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavita View Post
What we've realized is that sometimes you are just paying for the beverage, and sometimes you are paying for the experience--either of relaxing in a cafe or just feeling pampered or having a break or a little ritual that you do for yourself. If we just want the coffee or chai, we make it at home. If we really just want the part of the experience that can't be replicated as easily as a mocha can, then we consider that as an entertainment expenditure.

On a theoretical note, one of the things that I've always thought about Starbucks in particular is that if you view celebrity gossip magazines or look at those types of photos online, (like People, US, etc.) they always have photos of celebrities photographed walking down the street with their Starbucks cups and distinctively green straws. I think that part of the appeal of Starbucks for many people, if even only on a sort of subliminal level, is that even if we don't necessarily look up to celebrities themselves, many of us probably at least might like to have some of their affluence and some of the lifestyle perks that it affords. When you see a pic of Jennifer Aniston or the Olsen twins or Britney Spears or so on, if you are a lower or middle class person you know that you can't afford or even aspire to the designer clothes they're wearing, or the $5000 handbag they are carrying, or the multi-million-dollar mansion that they live in, or the car they drive--but you can afford to spend five bucks and drink the exact same Frappuccino that the rich and famous do!! I think I've read that part of the reason that Starbucks doesn't offer coupons is that they know that this would sort of cheapen their brand image and make their coffee a bit more "down-market" whereas now it's sort of something that people can treat as a bit of an indulgence and a luxury that they can afford.
I have been a Starbucks drinker for at least 13 years now, back before they were on every single corner. So the celeb angle doesn't appeal to me at all.

However what you said about it representing an experience does resonate with me. I see my afternoon drink as my time, I normally have a misto before I start cooking dinner, it represents the transition from work to home time. In my case I work at home, so it really is a transition since its not like I have a commute on the way home from the office, my office is next to the kitchen and dining room.

I have tried the drink at home thing and I still do it sometimes, but it really doesn't feel the same, my evening feels off if I don't have a drink from Starbucks .

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.
#85 of 108 Old 10-23-2008, 05:41 PM

The more I read this thread, the more I wonder and analyze my Starbucks love affair...

My final thoughts are...you only live once! No but seriously, if that is your only splurge, don't you deserve one once in awhile? I don't drink, I don't shop that much, and I don't have any expensive hobbies...but I bring in half the income, am raising two kids, training for a 1/2 marathon, am a fulltime grad student...and if I want a latte 3 times a week..........well I AM GOING TO HAVE ONE!:

Now off of my soapbox

Everything in moderation right!
#86 of 108 Old 10-23-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidaymama View Post
The more I read this thread, the more I wonder and analyze my Starbucks love affair...

My final thoughts are...you only live once! No but seriously, if that is your only splurge, don't you deserve one once in awhile? I don't drink, I don't shop that much, and I don't have any expensive hobbies...but I bring in half the income, am raising two kids, training for a 1/2 marathon, am a fulltime grad student...and if I want a latte 3 times a week..........well I AM GOING TO HAVE ONE!:

Now off of my soapbox

Everything in moderation right!
Well, yeah--but in a way that's just the point. You've analyzed it and decided that this is important enough to you and your life for you to splurge on. You realize also that there are things that you might be trading monetarily for this particular thing (like if you *did* want to take up an expensive hobby, you could cut down on the lattes and have some money left over for it.) You've looked at your finances and your values and your desired lifestyle and you're making an educated choice. If you can look at something and say, "Okay, I'm spending $12 a week on this particular thing. That is X percentage of my total income. Is that worth it for me? Is it giving me that much enjoyment or is there something I'd rather be doing with that amount of money?" and come up with an answer, that's a lot different than just not really realizing that these things add up financially over the course of time. Making a decision about where to spend your money, even if that might seem like a wrong choice to somebody else, is to me the whole point of looking carefully at our finances. It's a lot different than just frappucino-ing yourself into major credit card debt and not realizing where your money all went!!
#87 of 108 Old 10-23-2008, 08:36 PM

here are some of the things that I add to it to make it work for us to spice it up a little. Try adding:

ice cream
cool whip
coffee
chocolate milk
mint syrup - great at christmas time
lots and lots of ice
carmel

I personally love it with just milk and lots of ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwifeandmomma View Post
Gimme some tips! I have that mix, but I don't love it made the way the directions say...
#88 of 108 Old 10-24-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrogirl View Post
I started making my own coffee and mixing hot chocolate in it. I guess its been so long since i've been to a real Starbucks, that this actually tastes really good to me.
This is what I'm drinking now

Maybe some day I'll buy some whipped cream
#89 of 108 Old 10-24-2008, 09:25 AM

It would be cheaper if you fix one for yourself instead
#90 of 108 Old 10-24-2008, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi my name is Sandra and I am a Stabucks barista. wanna cure your addiction? look at the nutritional information sheet Seriously, the worst stuff is the white chocolate mocha, chia tea, pumpkin spice latte (and other seasonal drinks). all three have over 400 calories in the small. if you get skim.

other ways to deal with you need fo treats.

get a gift card and register and reload. this will entitle you to discounts, free stuff, and help you budget. (at least at starbucks). if you do anything to upgrade you drink it i all free with a registered cad - soy, organic, flavor.

get cheaper (lower calorie) drinks. skinny lattes are half the price of mochas and have almost no calories, steamers are cheap, nutritious and a treat. the most popular drink we sell, perhaps the most indulgent and one of the lowest calorie drinks is the caramel machiato. you can get it with skim milk and sugar free vanilla fo even less calories (I know I am harping on the calorie thing but t is appalling). i think it i also cheaper than a mocha.

its not on the menu but you can always order a "short" size (8 ounce). going smaller will still give you the treat but cost you less. at our store we only charge $1.06 for any drink in the short size (most stores charge slightly more for some drinks but we are not set up the same way. check around . . . )

if it is the mocha syrup that floats you boat get an Americano or brewed coffee with mocha in it. a large brewed coffee with syrup is less than $2.50 and refills will be free with a registered card. without a card it would be $1.40.

tip your barrista well even if she is not allowed to receive tips. this will give you good coffee karma. (and she may be more inclined to hook you up with free extras or up size you.)

get a good machine and make them yourself. we had one made by starbucks and seacco that was darn near coffee shop quality. the beans went into a hopper, were ground fresh, it brewed shots of espresso and made shots or americanos and always had steam for frothing. worth every penny. I think they retail for about $600 (we got them wholesale). it sounds like a lot but if you consider you spend $4.75 a day on a mocha plus $1 to tip your barrista thats around $2000 a year. you could easily cover milk, coffee and even a fancy CO2 whip creamer on top of the cost of the machine. if frappachinos are you thing get a vitamix mixer. thats the key.

and as a happy little aside . . .someone mentioned corn syrup. I happy to announce that starbucks uses real sugar (and plenty of it) in all the syrups and mixs. I have checked every label and never come across corn syrup or anything hydrogenated. and almost no artificial colors. the ingredients are surprisingly natural and simple. . . . just wanted to let you know that if you decide this is a worthy indulgence at least it is real food.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page