What do you really save on at Costco? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 94 Old 01-15-2009, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bananas, cheese, salad (we can get a huge tub of organic spring mix cheaper than a small bag of non-organic at the grocery store), fruit, orange juice, milk, butter, eggs, and broth. We don't eat a ton of canned goods, but canned beans and canned tomatoes are a good deal there too. Our biggest saver is gas. We probably save enough $$ on gas at Costco to pay for our membership each year.
#92 of 94 Old 01-15-2009, 07:44 PM

Man, this makes me want to go to Costco! Our Sam's membership is set to expire next month and we have no plans to renew it, and I hope to convince DH to go over to Costco instead. I think the contact lenses might be the selling point!

CPST ***I can help keep your child safe in the car. Ask me a car seat question!***
#93 of 94 Old 01-16-2009, 04:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
cheese of all kinds, peanut butter, olive oil, canned crab, nutella, sprouted grain bread. we decided it's not really worth it anymore, but will go with relatives a couple times a year.

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#94 of 94 Old 01-16-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
Do you go to the oakbrook one or the bloomingdale one?? I have to check the liquor next time. I dont see any great deals on the beer but the wine is usually not bad.
Amy, sorry for the long wait on a reply, I haven't been back in awhile.

Anyway, I go to the Oakbrook one. I agree the beer isn't that great of a deal. I don't usually buy the wine either (but would if I were entertaining). I have membership to a local wine shop and receive 2 bottles a month. I buy cheaper wine at Trader Joe's (not $2 chuck) or sometimes even a few box wines. I think they are underrated.

BUT, the price on Sky Vodka & Dewars can't be beat! Check it out!

Maggie

p.s. It is nice to see someone from the neigborhood. From your posts, I don't think you live that far from me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page