Angel Food Ministry & Meal Planning - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-27-2008, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,

I currently meal plan, but am thinking about trying angel food ministries this month (http://www.angelfoodministries.com/). i was wondering if anyone here uses angel food ministries and meal plans? i would love to share menu ideas. thanks!

homeschooling mama to DD 10 & DS 7 blogging.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2008, 12:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am trying to do meal plans, but have better weeks than others. I did afm last month, but am skipping it this month. I took advantage of last month's meal box which was 10 lbs of boneless, skinless chx brst for $20. It is not the finest meat we've had, but great for chilis and crock pot. I made the pork chops and dh didn't think the cut was that great, and the pot roast had a good deal of fat on it. BUT I think that afm is a great deal, and have been pleased with the other food included.
Another one is http://sharecolorado.com/. They have meal planning on their site and fresh produce is included.
After I got the box, I took inventory of everything, and did a google search for "five dollar meals" and came up with a few things that way. I'm using the hamburgers as taco meat. I would like to do grocery shopping 1x a month, but am not organized enough yet, still doing 1x a week. Though, the past two weeks with a full freezer, the grocery list has been quite small!

Single mama to two wild and sweet toddlers 2/08

User Tag List