Okay, this thread has been asleep for a while, but I just wandered over to this part of MDC and I am suddenly appalled at myself!
What is your monthly food budget? $500-600, including household items bought at the grocery store, and including eating out.
How many people are you feeding? 2
Do you meal plan for dinners? What about breakfast or lunches? I try to plan out what we're going to eat for the week, and only go to the grocery store one time. I try to make my lunches for the week during the weekend. My husband eats a sandwich every day, so that's easy. We eat the same things for breakfast every day, too.
Any special dietary needs, i.e. GF, DF, Organic, no soy, etc? Nope, though I do tend to buy almond milk for myself, as well as free-range, cruelty free eggs, and some organic/healthier stuff.
Where do you shop? Usually Harris Teeter. I try to go to Food Lion because it's cheaper, but it is just so painful to shop there. Our Harris Teeter is so much nicer.
But seriously, what the heck is wrong with me?! You guys with two kids are spending half as much as I do.
Actually, I think I know some problems:
1. We drink beer, and although we can settle for Yeungling sometimes... we way prefer good beer.
2. I am horrible at coupon clipping. One time a friend came by and we went through a ton of coupons and then went to the store together. I ended up spending twice as much as I normally do (though, to be fair, I did buy some stuff in bulk)
3. I tend to overcook, and I am not always very good at eating leftovers after about day 2-3. I especially have trouble with meat leftovers.
4. I tend to forget about food in the freezer until it's freezer burned and my brain/stomach just can't handle the thought of eating it.
5. Cooking is my hobby. Planning ahead is great most of the time, but if I get a recipe in my head, I end up breaking down and going to the store. But hey... at least my hobby feeds us! What has my husband's gaming and snowboarding done for me lately?