$125.00, a day off, a food saver, a nanny ,-update $350, 30+ meals and 48 hours of cooking - Mothering Forums
Meal Planning > $125.00, a day off, a food saver, a nanny ,-update $350, 30+ meals and 48 hours of cooking
Michelle Renee's Avatar Michelle Renee 10:32 AM 02-16-2009
Morning Mamma's!

I have Friday off of work. I have a whole day that I can freezer cook. I have about 125.00 (maybe be able to squeak another 75 out) . My Nanny is scheduled to work anyway so the kids can either be gone or occupied and she can help a little bit.

I dont have a ton of staples right now but I have some stuff.

So what would you make if you had a good solid day off, a small amount of money and wanted to make freezer meals. We have no allergies, 1 mamma, 1 Daddy (who usually has a decent appetite), a near 3 year old who is a typical picky eater, and an 8 month old who will eat anything you put in front of her :P I have access to a farm market, aldi's, sams club, cheap chicken breasts, and a regular grocery store. I can do some prep this week but not much (the shopping and maybe get DH to chop) We just need to be very budget minded.

I already have mexican chicken filling, precooked ground beef in packets, cooked sliced chicken breasts for casseroles, cooked sliced roast beef for hot sandwhiches, and 1 lasagna. (I did this over xmas break and we went through almost all of it)

Lets get cooking!

Thanks

DogMomforNow's Avatar DogMomforNow 11:29 PM 02-16-2009
I'd do soups, pot pies, sauces (spaghetti), some rolls/bread
Honey693's Avatar Honey693 01:51 AM 02-18-2009
chicken enchiladas!
amis2girls's Avatar amis2girls 03:56 AM 02-18-2009
Hillbillyhousewife has a freezer menu on sale for $5 this week. That might help.
homemommie's Avatar homemommie 11:26 PM 02-20-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by amis2girls View Post
Hillbillyhousewife has a freezer menu on sale for $5 this week. That might help.
Do you need a code to get the sale? I went to order her Ebook but it still shows $9.95...
Michelle Renee's Avatar Michelle Renee 01:01 PM 02-22-2009
I totally screwed up my budget and will have to do some serious back peddling-
I spent about 350 (but I did regular groceries too) and really watched the sales (chick breast 1.50 lb) but this is what I made:

3 Sheppard pie's
2 Mexican Lasagana (beans, ground beef, tomatoes, cheese, tortillas, layered)
3 White Chicken Cheese Broccoli Lasagna's
10 Sweet Italian Sausage Pepper Roll ups (I even made my own dough -wow 10 cups flour is a lot)
4 Pizza Grinders (leftover dough)
1 Buttermilk Herb Chicken Dinner
1 Cheeseburger Quiche Filling
3 servings of cheddar chicken bundles (chicken breasts rolled in cheese mix bundled)
3 servings of chicken breasts pounded flat with provolone, sundried tomatoes, and prosciutto
3 servings of chicken egg roll enchiladas (leaks, carrots, celery, chicken, cream soup, spices)(except I bought wontons and ended up rolling up like 120 of them)

I have a pork tenderloin in the crockpot now for pulled pork, another waiting for a marinade , and 5 lbs of chuck roast left to process. Im tired!

Id say about 25-30 meals and if I supplement with "Junk meals" then its maybe 2 months of meals. My family HATES real food every night - they like hot dogs, burgers, etc from time to time.
DandeCobb's Avatar DandeCobb 08:27 PM 03-01-2009
I'm so jealous, may i move into your freezer??
BroodyWoodsgal's Avatar BroodyWoodsgal 04:11 PM 03-02-2009

Wooooow mama!! You are like, my IDOL right now!!
mazajo's Avatar mazajo 11:11 AM 03-03-2009
Wow, seriously impressive!

What are Sweet Italian Sausage Pepper Roll ups? That sounds very good!
PassionateWriter's Avatar PassionateWriter 11:18 AM 03-03-2009
since you came and made the rest of us look bad, you must post recipes of some of those dishes!
sounds awesome!
Spirit Dancer's Avatar Spirit Dancer 10:16 PM 03-26-2009
: Watch out! I may raid your freezer tonight.
LOL. Now I am hungry :
confustication's Avatar confustication 11:42 PM 05-03-2009
I have freezer envy.
Epiphany's Avatar Epiphany 08:00 PM 05-26-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazajo View Post
Wow, seriously impressive!

What are Sweet Italian Sausage Pepper Roll ups? That sounds very good!
I too have total freezer envy and am dieing to know what the recipe is for Sweet Italian Sausage Pepper Roll ups!
Lisoula's Avatar Lisoula 03:39 PM 05-27-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Renee View Post
2 Mexican Lasagana (beans, ground beef, tomatoes, cheese, tortillas, layered)

10 Sweet Italian Sausage Pepper Roll ups

1 Buttermilk Herb Chicken Dinner
Recipe's please!!!!!:
tangozulu's Avatar tangozulu 10:27 AM 06-09-2009
Way to make use of a day off!! I think you should get a productivity award!!
b&c'smama's Avatar b&c'smama 03:20 PM 06-11-2009
I would love the recipe for buttermilk herb chicken dinner. You have inspired me to re-stock the freezer!
Up