How many meals/recipes in your rotation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-20-2009, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm sitting here making a list of meals to have over the next several weeks trying to go between things I have stashed in the freezer things I'll only need one or two ingredients for and a new dish here and there and it seems to be endless. How many different dinners or recipes would you say that you rotate through? Just curious what you ladies think is "average"
Right now without really racking my brain I'm at 40.

Thanks
Megan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2009, 10:02 PM

I really don't know. We have a few that we eat a lot (beans & rice, tacos, spaghetti, curried potatoes), and then others that I make only occasionaly (lasagna, american chili, enchiladas, etc). I try to keep at least 2-3 weeks between repeats though, on average. Otherwise, stuff gets old. So I'd say you'd want at least 20+ different meals if your going to be rotating through them constantly.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:11 PM

Probably 65 or so from the ones I counted and then the ones I don't have written down. And we try to throw a new one in every now and then, too, to see if it makes it in the rotation.

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

Old 03-21-2009, 07:12 PM

I have about a months worth without having to think about it. It is all stuff where we have the ingredients readily available so if I don't want to eat what is on the plan for the day I can substitute (being pregnant allows me to say that )
In that there are things we like so much that we want to eat it a little more often.

If I have to actually look at recipes etc. Probably around 75 or so.

For example tomorrow we are having Orange Chicken. It is a production and a half so we haven't had it it over 3 months probably closer to 6. I have to look at the recipe and we needed to pick up fresh oranges which we don't always have in the house to make it. That is part of my secondary meals.

Pernille, Married to : mom to my 2 littel boys :4/12/07 and : 8/24/09

User Tag List