Mothering Forum banner

Planning for a baby-throw me your recipes, plz

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mi.birthdoula 
#1 ·
Hey there I am due in October with baby #2 and would love to make the transition as easy as possible. With DD I made a ton of freezer meals and they were wonderful, but there are so many great cooking mama's on here that I thought I'd see what else there is.

Looking for yummy casseroles, lasagnas, rice bowl ideas, burritos, easy finger foods for a 3 y/o.

My ideas include: Ravioli lasagna, mini pizzas with bagels, chicken parm.

I don't worry about dietary restrictions due to nursing, if the baby rejects it I'll just have something else. I have all the equipment to start now. Foodsaver with tons of bags, food-pretty much everything and anything. We're omni, and fine with any type of yummy things. TIA-Erin

#2 ·
My kids love this one
, and its good reheated too...

1lb ground sausage
1lb pasta (I usually use macaroni cause its cheap!)
3-5 cloves garlic minced(depending on how strong you like garlic flavor)
1 med onion - diced
1 16 oz can diced tomatoes
1 16 oz can tomato sauce/paste (depending on how thick you like sauce)
1lb fresh spinach (more or less to liking)
1lb cheese shredded, or sliced(you can mix and match here, whatever you've got will work. we usually use a combo of parm/mozz/romano/ sometimes throw in some colby)
dried or fresh basil, oregano, to taste. (we like a lot of flavor!)

1. cook pasta until al dente. drain.
2.Saute the sausage until browned.
3. add onions, garlic, tomatos (all) and herbs to sausage. let cook about 10 min or so over med - med high heat (cover and stir often.)
4. add noodles to casserole dish, mix sausage/tomato mixture in, if its too dry for your tastes' add alittle more tomato sauce/paste.
5. blend spinach and about 3/4 cheese into the noodle mix.
6. top with remaining cheeses
7 bake at 350 for about 20-25 min. or until cheese is golden brown.
Enjoy!

One recipe makes A LOT. for a family of 5, we will get about 4 meals each from it, usually more because I make up a quick salad or garlic bread to go along with it.
I usually have to split it between 2 casserole dishes because it makes so much, but then I just cover the second one, and freeze it for later. you can always pop it in the fridge until it is mostly thawed, but then you just need to reheat it for a longer period of time. This was the first way I ever got my kids to eat spinch, and now they love it with melted cheese.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.