Meal planning websites - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-19-2009, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE springpadit (www.springpadit.com). Meal planning is just one of the springpads you can create. Very easy to use, flexible, free. I've been using it for three months already. On Sundays I'd create a menu plan for the week, then look at the grocery list that is automatically generated from my plan, choose the ingridients that I am missing, and then send the list to my phone as a text message (or you can print it too). So so so cool.

Check out their other springpads too, some are very helpful and unique.

Mama by day, crafter by night. Midnight Stitches.blowkiss.gif

#2 of 3 Old 07-19-2009, 07:16 PM

SpringPad looks pretty cool. I'm going to check it out - might use it to organize my craft projects.

The CookPlan looks like you have to first fill it with all your recipes, which is a pain.

There is EatRealGood.com, which is a meal planner for people who get CSA boxes (or eat lots of veggies and want to plan around that). It's got a database of recipes, you can enter your own to share with the community if you wish, and you can filter search results for vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free, gluten-free, and crock pot meals. This is the website and meal planner that I run, and it's a work in progress. My plan for it is to keep it as simple as possible, so that it takes just a minute or two to make a plan and go with it to the store. You can print a PDF list of additional groceries you need to make the meals you've selected.

Here's the meal planner portion of the site.

Hope this info helps somebody!
#3 of 3 Old 07-27-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfimka View Post
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE springpadit (www.springpadit.com). Meal planning is just one of the springpads you can create. Very easy to use, flexible, free. I've been using it for three months already. On Sundays I'd create a menu plan for the week, then look at the grocery list that is automatically generated from my plan, choose the ingridients that I am missing, and then send the list to my phone as a text message (or you can print it too). So so so cool.

Check out their other springpads too, some are very helpful and unique.
This looks great!

Jenni Wife to Jason and Mommy to Enza 9/08 energy.gifand Grayson 1/11 h20homebirth.gif   novaxnocirc.gif lactivist.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page