Meal Planning Websites? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-18-2010, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need to find something to help us out! Im working 5 hours a week and about to start school on top of that, and DH is working 40 hours and going to school. We are eating fast food 6 days out of the week, and not only are we wasting money and killing ourselves slowly but we are getting some extra curves LOL! I was looking into the meal planning websites, and there seem to be quite a few out there, anyone have one they love? Something with picky kid friendly recipes? I would love something that helps plan lunches too and quick and easy dinners.

Melanie- Mama to my super hero daughter superhero.gif bravely battling brain cancer. ribbongrey.gif ribbongold.gif  www.fightformaddie.com  and expecting 1sttri.gif 1/13!!!!

#2 of 4 Old 04-20-2010, 11:38 PM

Think of it this way, so you don't get overwhelmed: ANYTHING is better than eating fast food all the time.

What I usually do is meal plan dinners, but plan to make more than we need. Lunch the next day is simply leftovers, plus a salad. Then I make sure we have adequate snack stuff and breakfast stuff (tons of bananas, oatmeal, some ham, some english muffins, etc...) and we're basically covered. This assumes I keep the pantry stocked with basic staples, like flour, vinegars, oils, etc...

Do you get a CSA or hit the farmers' market? If so, try the free meal planner at EatRealGood.com. If not, you can just pull from some of the recipes there.

There is also a service (paid) called Menu Mailer that literally emails you a meal plan each week, but I didn't love the food. I LOVE the set up and basic idea, but the food itself wasn't yummy to me, which kinda defeats the whole purpose.

If you even start with cooking 2-3 meals each week (just making LARGE batches), then you can eat out of the fridge and get through with your busy schedules.

Good luck with the transition! Just try to stay organized.
#3 of 4 Old 04-22-2010, 10:05 AM

menus4moms.com has complete meal plans. They aren't quite what we eat so I don't use them but it might be a good place to start? I also have a meal planning template on my blog if you think that is something that might be useful let me know and I can post it.

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

#4 of 4 Old 05-01-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wife&mommy View Post
menus4moms.com has complete meal plans. They aren't quite what we eat so I don't use them but it might be a good place to start? I also have a meal planning template on my blog if you think that is something that might be useful let me know and I can post it.
Could you pm me with your blog info? I'd like to get that template, if you're willing to share...Thanks!

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page