June Meal Plans - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-31-2010, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anybody else got June planned?

Mine are really simple and kind of boring this month. Dh and I are seeing how long we can actually go without going to the store, but I will be going this week. And this is an insanely busy month for us.

1-bacon, potato pancakes, fruit
2-spinach artichoke pasta, garlic bread
3-sandwiches
4-pizza
5-peanut butter noodles, veggie
6-11 fil will be in town and I've learned not to plan anything while he's here
12-roast, mashed potatoes, carrots
13-bbq beef sandwiches, fries
14-dinner at my mom's
15-quesadillas
16-tacos
17-fish sandwiches, fries
18-pizza
19-enchiladas, rice
20-chicken ceasar wraps
21-dinner at my mom's
22-hamburgers, fries
23-chicken sandwiches, veggie
24-hot dogs, fries
25-pizza
26-ham steak, scalloped potatoes
27-sausage potato salad
28-dinner at my mom's
29-chicken and rice burritos
30-monterrey chicken, mashed potatoes, veggie

Breakfasts are bagels, eggs, english muffins or oatmeal

Lunches are sandwiches or leftovers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2010, 11:42 AM

I didn't realize that there was a meal planning forum, and I just posted this in another thread but here is ours:

because it is starting to get hot and icky, our not having central air and my being 8 months pregnant necessitates quick cooking or no cook meals for the most part. Most of the chicken meals for this month I'll cook enough to use for a few days so I don't have to be heating up the house every night. Lunch the next day is leftovers from dinner a bowl of cereal or a sandwich, and breakfast is either a protein shake and a muffin, or a fruit smoothie with PB (or Almond Butter) on toast. This is what our June looks like:

1- Spaghetti w/ leftover sauce and homemade meatballs from the freezer
2- Cobb Salad w/grilled Chicken and Rolls
3- Sauteed Asian Chicken & Veggies over brown rice
4- Thin crust pizza (homemade) w/veggies or pepperoni topping
5- Salmon Salad Sandwiches
6- Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwiches

7- Pesto Chicken Wraps
8- Taco Salad
9- Pasta Salad w/Veggies and Grilled Chicken
10- Veggie Stuffed Pitas
11- Pasta & Sauce
12- Hot Dogs, Mac & Cheese, Baked Beans
13- Salmon Salad Sandwiches

14- Balsamic Chicken Wraps
15- Chicken Caesar Salad
16- Pasta Salad w/Salmon
17- 7 Layer Bean Dip
18- Pasta & Sauce
19- (hosting a big cookout for 25 people to celebrate 3 birthdays and all the fathers present)
20- BBQ Chicken, Grilled veggies

21- Honey Mustard Chicken Wraps
22- Cobb Salad, Grilled Chicken, Rolls
23- Pasta salad w/Veggies & Beans
24- Fish in a bag, Broccoli, Brown Rice
25- Pasta & Sauce
26- BBQ Cheddar Cheeseburgers
27- French Toast, Sausage

28- Chicken Caesar Wraps
29- Taco Salad
30- Pasta Salad w/Veggies & Chicken

Our menus usually have more exciting variety but in the summer when I'm not wanting to cook, it is safer to stick with variations on a similar theme (we get a lot less takeout that way ). Most of our meals don't happen on the exact day it is scheduled, in fact in the year we have been doing it this way we only came close to having a perfect month once. The meals usually happen within the week they were scheduled since we need to use the produce we picked up on Monday and it coordinates with the next seven days of meals. We do regular grocery the first Sunday of the month, so we have everything else we need for the rest of the menu in case we have to switch things up because of unexpected events.

I foresee a LOT of sandwiches in July since I'm due the 4th and won't be doing much of anything in the kitchen.

Hey, Babe  +  Me  =  Little Man 07-27-08  &  the Storm Sprite 07-11-10  computergeek2.gif    
Old 06-03-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuglyRoo View Post
I didn't realize that there was a meal planning forum, and I just posted this in another thread but here is ours:

because it is starting to get hot and icky, our not having central air and my being 8 months pregnant necessitates quick cooking or no cook meals for the most part. Most of the chicken meals for this month I'll cook enough to use for a few days so I don't have to be heating up the house every night. Lunch the next day is leftovers from dinner a bowl of cereal or a sandwich, and breakfast is either a protein shake and a muffin, or a fruit smoothie with PB (or Almond Butter) on toast. This is what our June looks like:

1- Spaghetti w/ leftover sauce and homemade meatballs from the freezer
2- Cobb Salad w/grilled Chicken and Rolls
3- Sauteed Asian Chicken & Veggies over brown rice
4- Thin crust pizza (homemade) w/veggies or pepperoni topping
5- Salmon Salad Sandwiches
6- Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwiches

7- Pesto Chicken Wraps
8- Taco Salad
9- Pasta Salad w/Veggies and Grilled Chicken
10- Veggie Stuffed Pitas
11- Pasta & Sauce
12- Hot Dogs, Mac & Cheese, Baked Beans
13- Salmon Salad Sandwiches

14- Balsamic Chicken Wraps
15- Chicken Caesar Salad
16- Pasta Salad w/Salmon
17- 7 Layer Bean Dip
18- Pasta & Sauce
19- (hosting a big cookout for 25 people to celebrate 3 birthdays and all the fathers present)
20- BBQ Chicken, Grilled veggies

21- Honey Mustard Chicken Wraps
22- Cobb Salad, Grilled Chicken, Rolls
23- Pasta salad w/Veggies & Beans
24- Fish in a bag, Broccoli, Brown Rice
25- Pasta & Sauce
26- BBQ Cheddar Cheeseburgers
27- French Toast, Sausage

28- Chicken Caesar Wraps
29- Taco Salad
30- Pasta Salad w/Veggies & Chicken

Our menus usually have more exciting variety but in the summer when I'm not wanting to cook, it is safer to stick with variations on a similar theme (we get a lot less takeout that way ). Most of our meals don't happen on the exact day it is scheduled, in fact in the year we have been doing it this way we only came close to having a perfect month once. The meals usually happen within the week they were scheduled since we need to use the produce we picked up on Monday and it coordinates with the next seven days of meals. We do regular grocery the first Sunday of the month, so we have everything else we need for the rest of the menu in case we have to switch things up because of unexpected events.

I foresee a LOT of sandwiches in July since I'm due the 4th and won't be doing much of anything in the kitchen.
Do you mind if I ask where you get your recipes from? They look really great.

Here's me I married then we had dd15 , dd11 , ds10 , and then and now we and I blog!
Old 06-04-2010, 10:54 AM

mykdsmomy- Thanks a lot but you made me laugh because this is actually kind of a non-recipe month. Most of the things for this month are just things I throw together off the top of my head. I do read a lot of food blogs (too many if you ask my DH, I love to collect recipes), and I love the cookscountry.com recipes (you have to pay to access them or they also have a magazine you can subscribe to).

Here are some of the "recipes" or links to recipes for the above menu:

meatball recipe from: http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2009...ecipe-089.html (I make the sauce totally off the cuff to taste, but you could also use whatever jarred sauce you prefer)

all of the pasta salads are just whole wheat pasta with whatever fresh veggies look appealing at the farmer's market (grape tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, corn, onions, etc.) tossed with a salad dressing like Italian, Balsamic, or Caesar (I find oiled based ones work better than creamy, but that is a preference) and then with a protein tossed in (because I'm pregnant and struggle to get enough protein if I'm not careful.)

the wraps are all plain cooked/grilled chicken breast with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese, etc. all drizzled with one of those same salad dressings (Wegman's makes an organic (I believe) store brand version of Honey Mustard dressing that I really like) or a spoonful of jarred pesto all wrapped up in a big whole wheat or sun dried tomato or pesto wrap.

the only other one for this month with an actual recipe is the fish baked in a bag and I found that recipe here: http://thestonesoup.com/blog/2009/12...our-apartment/ (To his recipe I added sprinkling Old Bay Seasoning and Dried Parsley on the fish before cooking)

But like I said, I LOVE to read food blogs that have both a recipe AND a photo (if there isn't a photo, why bother?) and then I import the ones that look appealing into my BigOven recipe program on the computer. Next time I'm looking for ideas I can browse my collection by photo and select the ones that will fit into the month's criteria.

Hey, Babe  +  Me  =  Little Man 07-27-08  &  the Storm Sprite 07-11-10  computergeek2.gif    
Old 06-05-2010, 06:09 PM

Thank you for responding and thanks for the links I am trying to gather recipes because I hate hate hate to cook I want to change that but every time I open a cookbook, I see things that I wouldn't want to make/eat. Your menus sound yummy though!!!

Off to check out the links, thanks!!!

Here's me I married then we had dd15 , dd11 , ds10 , and then and now we and I blog!
Old 06-07-2010, 01:25 AM

I haven't done well planning recently - so here's an effort to get back on track for us. Next 2 weeks: desserts to make: 1 peach pie, scones, 1 tofu chocolate pudding pie, brownies for 16th.

Mon: Garlic Pasta Primavera with shrimp (for those who like). Garden salad.

Tues: CSA day! Turkey ham steak, scalloped spinach & potatoes w/goat cheese, sauteed greenbeans with garlic and pine nuts.

Wed: black beans with rice, cod, whatever veggies came in CSA

Thurs: early diner @4:30 - frozen chinese stuff from freezer (spring rolls kind of thing, whatever we have that was on sale lol!), late at 6:45 - baked apples and squash w/maple syrup.

Fri: (early for synagogue) - bbq burgers (turkey), cucumber salad, cold pasta salad.

Sat: swedish meatballs, spinach ravioli w/gravy, tomato salad.

Sun: roast chicken, veggies, roast potatoes

Mon: Fried rice w/beans and veg

Tues: Minestroni soup, baked ham, fresh bread, fruit

Wed: (extra for friends w/new babe) chicken curry stir fry, iced brownies, iced tea.

Thurs: tacos!

Fri: turkey sausages, baked potatoes, raw veggie plate w/hummus and warm pita.

Sat: chicken parm, spaghettini w/pesto, salad.

Sun: pot roast w/potatoes and veg.

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
Old 06-14-2010, 02:19 PM

Going well - I skipped one meal (thurs) because it was just too chaotic, and we bought Chinese on Sun., but otherwise it went well! Tonight we can use the leftover chinese for our fried rice, though not likely to do the beans as well.

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
Old 06-14-2010, 09:10 PM

In no particular order....

1. Spaghetti/garlic bread
2. Veggie fried rice
3. Chicken Biryani
4. Bean/rice burritos
5. Taco Salad
6. Burgers
7. Chicken tikka masala/ jasmine rice
8. bbq tandoori chicken skewers/ naan + veggies
9. pizza
10. cajun chicken pasta
11. Grilled chicken breast over salad

Probably a few nights of leftover thrown in there too....

Mama to DD (1/2004)  DS1 (5/2006) and DS2 (2/4/2011)

Old 06-23-2010, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

I've changed mine so much.

The rest of the month:
23-chicken spaghetti, garlic bread, salad
24-hot dogs, fries
25-bbq
26-pizza
27-sausage potato salad
28-dinner at my mom's
29-fish sandwiches, fries, veggie
30-breakfast - sausage, eggs, toast, fried potatoes
Old 06-25-2010, 03:22 AM

Here's ours for the rest of the month(in no particular order)

Apricot Chicken, Rice, Green Beans, Salad
Grilled pork chops, grilled corn, cucumber-dill salad,grilled potato
Grilled Pizza Burgers, veggie tray, chips fruit
Chicken Fiesta Taco Salads
Broccoli and Pork Stir Fry, jasmine rice, steamed sugar snap peas
Stuffed Peppers, glazed carrots, salad

User Tag List