Postpartum meal and snack recipes - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-28-2010, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am due with my second little one in a couple weeks and was thinking about putting together a recipe notebook for delicious/nutritious postpartum meals and snacks. My mother will be here for 3 weeks after baby is born and I know that if I don't provide recipes and grocery lists, she will feed us pork steak three times a day.

Any ideas?
We have no allergies or dietary restrictions. High protein mama and toddler snack ideas are especially appreciated.

Rachel. Devoted wife and joyful mama to Beatrice June(2/25/08) and Leona Agnes (8/10/10).
#2 of 2 Old 06-29-2010, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Waffles or pancakes with peanut butter were a favorite of mine postpartum. I froze a bunch of them for myself. I also swear by quick breads with seasonal fruits in them and nuts, for a quick snack.

There are so many wonderful resources here for recipes for the freezer. If you are interested in having menus together for your mom, however, I'd suggest getting together your favorite things to eat and then mapping that out for her. For us, my mom or mother in law would ask every day and we'd plan together. For me, my comfort foods were a must. Is your mom good at following recipes? My mom was way out of her comfort zone with some of my recipes, but it made her finally start to use raw garlic instead of powdered.

Good luck to you as this baby comes into your lives, and very happy eating!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page