Need help for a large group! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-18-2010, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, just looking for some ideas. My mom and sister are coming for a visit, and I've invited other family in the area to join us for dinner on Friday evening. I'd like some ideas about a menu that is easy to prep in advance, perhaps able to serve/eat at room temp, relatively casual and would serve 12-14 folks, ranging from toddlers to hearty-appetite-having dudes. One vegan, all else omnivores.

We have lots of corn in season now, so I'm definitely going to do a mess of corn on the cob, but that's about all I got going in my idea basket right now.

Help!
Thanks in advance...

Married to P and mama to DS (1/09)blahblah.gifand DD  (09/13 babygirl.gif). I'm into friends and family, gardening, exercise, yoga, reading, knitting, photos, traditional foods, breastfeeding, home birth, babywearing, and much more. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2010, 06:23 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'd do a pile of chicken drumsticks, I usually roast them in the oven then leave to cool. they could be done the day before.

For the vegan I would do falafel http://mideastfood.about.com/od/main...afelrecipe.htm. They are usually popular so I would make lots.

Both go well with pitta breads and salads.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are pot lucks or covered dish parties popular or okay where you are? Maybe have people bring the salads and sides while you take care of the main dish(es). Another suggestion to go with the drumsticks and falafel is a sandwich tray: either order from the deli or buy the fixings (though, once it is all said and done, you may as well have bought it from the deli).

User Tag List