Does anyone use a meal planning software? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-01-2010, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would like to start planning our meals out more than in my head. I have seen a lot of programs out, but most have a cost and I would like personal recommendations before I invest in one... free would also be fine... Just wondering if anyone uses a program for their meals and what they think about it...

fwiw, I use a mac so anything that I actually end up using would need to be compatible with that =)

This is a tree on fire with love, but it's still scary since most people think love only looks like one thing instead of the whole world. *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2010, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i just use excel and notepad. on excel i have a big spreadsheet organized by type of dish/protein source (meat, chicken, beans, dairy, appetizers, side dishes) and highlighted as to whether i've made it recently or not and then i make a weekly list using notepad.

raising my two sunshine children.

Old 09-04-2010, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
macgourmet organizes your recipes and has meal planning capability too. http://macgourmet.com/

I use it mostly to keep my recipes with me when I'm shopping since they have an iphone app too that you can sync with your desktop version. You can create shopping lists from it and the meal planning is pretty easy.

User Tag List