Help! Tons of Apples and Peaches and Corn! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-23-2010, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went to the farmers market and bought a ton of apples, peaches and corn. Got a good deal. How can I freeze this so it doesn't go bad (I'm not amazing in the kitchen it turns out... )

Should I make it into something, or can I freeze them in slices? Ack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2010, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have frozen them in the past as well as sometimes buying a crate of something is WAY cheaper plus we go thru a lot of fruit/veggies.

corn: I usually wash and de husk them and let air dry. I use a knife and basically slice off the corn from the cob. they make fancy gadgets that basically do the same thing but I've never had a problem using a sharp knife. I then place them on a parchment lined cookie sheets and freeze and then store them in ziplock bags. I like freezing them BEFORE I put them in the bags because that way you dont have a huge frozen chunk of kernals stuck together. Plus Im able to grab a little or a lot depending on my recipe.

peaches: i clean and remove skin. Slice up and freeze same way on parchment paper. I then can use the frozen slices for pies/smoothies later on. I do the same for the apples except with the apples I sprinkly with sugar prior to freezing because I mainly use in baked goods anyway.

User Tag List