need help planning meals and recipes. Fructose Intolerance Diet. limited choices. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 02-25-2011, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i had already started taking out HFCS. nasty stuff. turns out i am intolerant of it anyway. i suspect my kids are as well. they have an appt next month to take the breath test. but i need to cook for everybody. so dinner has to be stuff we all can eat, so has to be fructose free.

here is the thing. i can figure out how to put variety in it.

i get different diet reccs from different sites.

no foods are

fruits

juice

honey

brown sugar caramel molasses etc. including agave syrup corn syrup palm sugar maple syrup and splenda

xylitol

sorbitol

any "ols"

whole wheat

brown rice

turnips

sweet potatoes

yams

carrots

beets

eggplant

peas

onions

tomatoes

squash

apple cider vinegar

soy sauce

tomatoe sauce

and some spices to avoid or really limit are:

chervil

coriander

dill weed

garlic powder

ginger

hot chili pepper

onion powder

parsley

and pumpkin pie seasoning

it doesnt say anything about fresh ginger or fresh garlic. i had been drinking ginger in my tea to aid digestion and add garlic to everything.

i am allowed (by doctor- websites list other stuff)

glucose

maltodextrin

white flour

oatmeal

white rice

white pasta

broad bean (i dont know what that is)

celery

chives

endive

mushrooms

potatoes (any way i want)

spinach

watercress

asparagus

canned unflavored beans

broccolli

cranberries

lemon

lime

orange

strawberries

tea

eggs

chickpeas

lima beans

mung beans

all meat (no sugar added)

pistachios

no sugar peanut butter

amaranth (dont know how to cook)

tahini (?)

butter

cocoa

olive oil

rice vinegar

ranch dressing

worcestshire sauce

it says i am allowed milk and cheese but it gives DD2 a rash so we are avoiding dairy as well. i would like to avoid wheat period.

halfo of the veggies and fruits i listed are supposed to be limited to one serving a day. so i have been eating all kinds of meat with white rice or potatoes.every.day. i did add some broccoli to the rice. and the i salt it. sigh.

i have been juicing lemons or limes and adding it to water and stevia. that way i dont drink pop. but some websites say no stevia either. so i might just go to plain maltodextrin. i wanted to lose weight and started excercising. but now on this diet the weight is just pouring off of me. i have lost 25 lbs in the last 3 mo. and all i cut out was HFCS and dairy at that point. i could stand to lose almost 15 more lbs. but i am not trying anymore. i already hit my goal weight loss 5 lbs ago. :shrug.

so can anybody help me to come up with ideas of what to eat? i need ideas for mixing stuff together in interesting and new ways. 

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page