How do you meal plan when pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-06-2011, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

AKA- when nothing ever sounds good and when it does sound good at one point it may not sound good when you actually make it.

I used to do meal planning (for weekdays, not weekends usually). Then I got pregnant and that all went down the toilet. I'm 8 weeks and I think I've cooked dinner maybe 3 times in the last 4 or 5 weeks. DH cooks dinner sometimes but, more often than not, we've just been getting to-go food duh.gif

DH is away for 2 more weeks on a business trip so right now I'm just in "survival mode". However, I want to have a meal plan for when he gets back. But I'm nauseous all the time, nothing ever sounds good and even the thought of food makes me want to vomit. How the heck do I plan meals like this?! I can't even go to the grocery stores without becoming overwhelmed by the smells and running for the bathroom eyesroll.gif

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#2 of 2 Old 03-06-2011, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was in exactly your shoes last October!  Ugh, you have my sympathies.  We had just started monthly meal planning a month or two prior when I got pregnant and instantly was plagued with lots of constantly changing aversions to foods and smells.  Since it seemed that most things weren't appealing I decided to just plan out a month and make it regardless of how I felt.  Everyone else still had to eat and having takeout nightly was not an option for our budget or health.  I ended up planning a lot of bland, easy to prepare foods.  We ate a lot of plain pan fried chicken on top of tossed salads.  We ate a lot of pasta and sauce.  I ate a lot of toast and protein smoothies.  It wasn't until I was more than halfway through that the constant nausea went away, but since that can be different for everyone hopefully you are nearly done already.  My advice would be to stick with simple and plain.  At least that way if you can't eat it you didn't go to much trouble.

Hey, Babe  +  Me  =  Little Man 07-27-08  &  the Storm Sprite 07-11-10  computergeek2.gif    

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page