Dinner - What Are You Having? - Page 107 - Mothering Forums
First ... 7  57  97  105  106  107 108  109  117  ... Last
Meal Planning > Dinner - What Are You Having?
Gingerjv 11:46 AM 08-07-2014
grilled salmon covered with cheese, spinach stewed in butter, tosts with fresh tomatoes and cucumbers and feta, watermelon and ginger ice tea for desert;-)

apeydef's Avatar apeydef 02:05 PM 08-07-2014
I made chili with the leftover taco meat. It's a hot day but oh well chilis always good. We have air conditioning
newmamalizzy's Avatar newmamalizzy 02:40 PM 08-07-2014
Veggie/cannelini bean soup tonight. If I get out of this chair sometime soon to get it on the stove.
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 06:17 PM 08-07-2014
Tonight I made Thai noodle soup, without chicken, because apparently we're out. Plus a cucumber salad with the first cuke of the season from our garden - and the one lonely scallion that grew this year!
Kate&Joey's Avatar Kate&Joey 06:19 PM 08-07-2014
BLT salad - romaine, bacon, sweet onion sautéed in a bit of bacon drippings, tomatoes and cukes from the garden, mayo based dressing with garlic and lemon juice.
Kate&Joey's Avatar Kate&Joey 06:21 PM 08-07-2014
KQ - I can't believe you're just now getting cukes! Ours are out of control and have been for over a month now.
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 06:50 PM 08-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate&Joey View Post
KQ - I can't believe you're just now getting cukes! Ours are out of control and have been for over a month now.
Our garden has been abysmal this year. We got a crappy plot at the community garden, so it's been meh.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 02:24 AM 08-08-2014
Quote:
BLT salad - romaine, bacon, sweet onion sautéed in a bit of bacon drippings, tomatoes and cukes from the garden, mayo based dressing with garlic and lemon juice.
How do you make the dressing bc I've thought about doing this?!
Kate&Joey's Avatar Kate&Joey 07:22 AM 08-08-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
How do you make the dressing bc I've thought about doing this?!
It's a recipe from Southern Living...so easy. 1/2 cup mayo, 2 Tbsp lemon juice ( I added a bit more), 1 mashed garlic clove, salt and pepper.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 10:53 AM 08-08-2014
Quote:
It's a recipe from Southern Living...so easy. 1/2 cup mayo, 2 Tbsp lemon juice ( I added a bit more), 1 mashed garlic clove, salt and pepper.
Sounds good!! Thx.
Gingerjv 12:38 PM 08-08-2014
Today it was frittata with fresh veggies salad and also i cooked banana pie;-)
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 04:27 PM 08-08-2014
Turkey sandwiches with leftover cucumber salad here.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 07:10 PM 08-08-2014
Pizza from out favorite pizza place. It's really healthy it is a square deep dish, with bacon, jalapeños, and pepperoni. It usually try yo at least make a salad when we order pizza. We were really bad today though, not even a salad or veggie to go with it! Oh well.
DuchessTergie's Avatar DuchessTergie 07:16 PM 08-08-2014
Ham & cheese on pretzel rolls; beet chips; milkshakes.
Gingerjv 06:53 AM 08-09-2014
soup - cauliflower, potatoes, carrots, onion, tomatoes, garlic, parsley, dill (love this!!), ragout - stewed eggplant, tomatoes, onions, carrots, parsley, dill, chilli pepper, veal steaks.
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 06:56 PM 08-09-2014
Half home made pizza here.
Mylie's Avatar Mylie 08:01 PM 08-09-2014
We had Mac and cheese and Lemon sorbet... gfdf
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 12:05 PM 08-10-2014
I'm making two batches of freezer meals to use up the bacon I opened today - bacon and whiskey chili and bolognese. We'll probably have some of the chili tonight.
pumabearclan 03:46 PM 08-10-2014
Home made shrimp gumbo left over from last fall with fresh herbs, ghee, and hard boiled egg
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 02:27 AM 08-11-2014
Saturday we had a leftover smorgasbord. Chili, pizza, I made the kids some peas and baked fries.
Yesterday we had my mother in law, SIL and her kids over. We had what we call hobo dinner. Omg it's so good. I cut up potatoes in thin slices, carrots, onion, and corn in foil with an Italian sausage patty. I buy the ground up Italian sausage instead of the links. Then I just put butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder, wrap the foil and stick it in the grill. You can do any veggies or meat. It was a hit and easy cleanup! Then gluten free brownies with Ice cream for dessert.
Today I'm making a pork loin in the crockpot with homemade BBQ sauce. I'll probably make some kind of potato and a veggie. Then jello cake for dessert.
newmamalizzy's Avatar newmamalizzy 08:28 AM 08-11-2014
Hoping to do a little better on meals here this week than last. Last week was just disaster after disaster. I'm also hoping to start including a little extra freezer prep as my due date approaches, so I've got to get on the ball

Today will be spaghetti and meatballs (with extra for the freezer) and Caesar salad.
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 05:55 PM 08-11-2014
Tonight husband cooked - turkey burgers and tater tots. Tomorrow night I'm doing the bolognese I intended to cook for freezer meals yesterday and never got around to.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 03:16 AM 08-12-2014
The pork I made turned out so good. I made mashed potatoes and garlic peas to go with it. We had the jello cake for dessert.
Tonight is mostaccioli. I never make this but I bought stuff for lasagna and then aldi was out of lasagna noodles so I decided to make it with penne pasta instead.
newmamalizzy's Avatar newmamalizzy 11:42 AM 08-12-2014
My spaghetti and meatballs was very redeeming. I'm pretty sure we ate $10 worth of farmstand tomatoes in the sauce, though, so not cheap! We'll make up for it tonight with gallo pinto and cole slaw.
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 06:38 PM 08-12-2014
Lots of pasta on the menu this week, I see! Finally got around to making the bolognese tonight. Realized that I was completely out of thyme, so I subbed in oregano and parsley. Not quite the same, but still pretty tasty.
Kate&Joey's Avatar Kate&Joey 06:41 PM 08-12-2014
Asian grilled salmon (a la Ina Garten), brown rice, and tomato salad from the garden.
newmamalizzy's Avatar newmamalizzy 01:46 PM 08-13-2014
Chicken and kale soup on a very rainy day.
KatelynRose's Avatar KatelynRose 03:19 PM 08-13-2014
Yellow curry w/ chicken, broccoli, bell pepper, squash, and this AMAZING grain I discovered recently called Kaniwa.. It is SO GOOD and packed full of iron (which pleases my pregnant body)
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 06:06 PM 08-13-2014
Balsamic vinaigrette braised chicken, herbs de provence roasted red potatoes, green beans, and buttered bread. The house smells so good from the lavender in the herbs de provence!
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 08:46 PM 08-13-2014
Yesterday we ended up eating leftover pork roast. So today I made penne with meat sauce and then put it in the oven with cheese on top. So I guess it's essentially mostaccioli. It was very good.
First ... 7  57  97  105  106  107 108  109  117  ... Last

Up