Dinner - What Are You Having? - Page 110 - Mothering Forums
First ... 10  60  100  108  109  110 111  112  120  ... Last
Meal Planning > Dinner - What Are You Having?
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 12:18 PM 08-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmamalizzy View Post
Leftover rotisserie chicken quesadillas with guacamole, salsa, and ideally some other veggie although I'm not sure we have anything. DH is out of town, so just we're keeping things low key for just me and my DD this week.
I make these too with rotisserie. Sometimes I throw in black beans

Ragana's Avatar Ragana 09:21 PM 08-26-2014
Firing up both crockpots tomorrow for roasted chicken and baked potatoes.

newmamalizzy's Avatar newmamalizzy 08:27 AM 08-27-2014
A hot summer's day chicken and kale soup to use up the last of the rotisserie. I should probably crockpot that, come to think of it.
pumabearclan 04:11 PM 08-28-2014
Sausage, corn, peppers under butter & herbs
newmamalizzy's Avatar newmamalizzy 05:59 PM 08-28-2014
Cabbage, kielbasa and pierogi skillet.
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 08:09 PM 08-28-2014
We've been on vacation for a few days. We were supposed to be camping all week, but due to bad weather we ended up spending two nights in a hotel and only one night camping. Fortunately some of our camp food was also microwave-friendly, so we were able to "cook" at the hotel to save the cost of eating out for every meal.

Hotel meals -
- Tasty Bites channa masala with rice
- Canned sauerkraut with canned new potatoes and smoked kielbasa, flavored with dried onion, dried garlic, and caraway

Camping meals -
- Tasty Bites Bombay potatoes with rice
- Pasta with marinara sauce and kielbasa

Tonight we're home again and I made pumpkin ale Salisbury steak with ground turkey, over tricolor rotini.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 09:05 PM 08-28-2014
Tacos tonight!! Everyone's favorite.
Ragana's Avatar Ragana 07:24 AM 08-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragana View Post
Firing up both crockpots tomorrow for roasted chicken and baked potatoes.
Did the chicken & potatoes the other day and am having leftover chicken for lunch today.

Last night was stirfry - beef/grilled tofu (marinated in homemade sauce), rice & vegetables.

Tonight getting pizza unless in-laws have a big lunch. If that happens, ... tacos!

Kate&Joey's Avatar Kate&Joey 07:27 AM 08-29-2014
Raided the fridge last night. Leftover rice mixed with sauteed garlic and roasted red peppers. Mixed in those last two tablespoons of salsa. Heated between tortillas and cheddar for a mock quesadilla. Served with avacado mashed with jalapeƱo Tobasco. It was yummy!
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 04:41 PM 08-29-2014
Tonight husband and I are celebrating our nine year wedding anniversary (albeit a few days late since we were on vacation), so I'm making red-wine marinated steak with a red wine reduction and caramelized onions from our own garden. And I'll serve herbed Israeli couscous and green beans on the side.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 04:43 PM 08-29-2014
Baked potatoes with cheese, green onion and sour cream. Salad with tomato, feta and homemade dressing. Hubby and kids have to have banana peppers in their salad
pumabearclan 04:43 PM 08-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post
Tonight husband and I are celebrating our nine year wedding anniversary (albeit a few days late since we were on vacation), so I'm making red-wine marinated steak with a red wine reduction and caramelized onions from our own garden. And I'll serve herbed Israeli couscous and green beans on the side.
Congratulations! I hope it's a special evening for you both
newmamalizzy's Avatar newmamalizzy 06:40 PM 08-29-2014
Rotini with pesto, garlic-sauteed spinach, and fried eggs
Kate&Joey's Avatar Kate&Joey 07:09 PM 08-29-2014
Food Truck Friday! DS had a 'Euro Dog' hot dog with smoked gouda, sauerkraut, and Guiness mustard. DD and I shared a rice bowl with scrambled tofu and veggies.
Kate&Joey's Avatar Kate&Joey 07:10 PM 08-29-2014
Happy Anniversary to KQ and KQ DH !!!
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 04:36 PM 08-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumabearclan View Post
Congratulations! I hope it's a special evening for you both
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate&Joey View Post
Happy Anniversary to KQ and KQ DH !!!
Thanks! It was nice to have grown up food. :-)

Tonight husband is working and Little Man had applesauce and mac and cheese, so I'll probably end up making spaghetti with bottled marinara sauce for myself. There's an open jar in the fridge that needs to be used up.
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 06:25 PM 08-31-2014
Despite a hundred degree heat and having the air conditioning on, I made bacon and whiskey chili tonight.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 06:28 PM 08-31-2014
Best dinner tonight! Grilled chicken that had been marinating since Friday, homemade cheesy hashed brown potatoes, and grilled veggies. The veggies turned out the best. It was broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, onion, zucchini, and mushrooms, all cut up and put in foil with butter and spices and cooked in the grill. Oh man I want more!
Ragana's Avatar Ragana 10:41 AM 09-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post
Thanks! It was nice to have grown up food. :-)
Congrats on your anniversary!

We're having black bean chili tonight with some frozen fries. Firing up the crockpot again!

Other meals on the list:
* Rice, edamame/carrot, fried egg & spicy sauce (kimchi if I can find some by then)
* Pasta with canned salmon sauteed with garlic
* Black bean nachos with guac and salsa

Mylie's Avatar Mylie 10:45 AM 09-02-2014
We are Having meatloaf tonight...
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 11:33 AM 09-02-2014
Yesterday we had spinach mozzarella chicken sausage, homemade Mac n cheese, and cut up potatoes with red pepper, onion, and bacon.

Today it's lasagna. I put fresh zucchini, mushrooms and green pepper in the sauce. I use cottage cheese instead of ricotta. I like the way it melts better and of course mozzarella.
newmamalizzy's Avatar newmamalizzy 12:35 PM 09-02-2014
Tonight is stovetop macaroni and cheese (homemade) with baked tofu, broccoli, and maybe some salad. I got the most beautiful spring mix from the farmstand down the road with nasturtiums mixed in. Boy do I love that place.
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 07:07 PM 09-02-2014
Quote:
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylie View Post
We are Having meatloaf tonight...
That sounds so good - we haven't had that in awhile, so I may do one this week too. Do you do yours with brown gravy or a ketchup glaze?

Tonight we had a whole mess of chard from the garden, so I made pasta with chard, white beans and Italian sausage in a chicken-stock based sauce.
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 06:41 PM 09-03-2014
Husband cooked tonight - chicken tacos with home made salsa (tomatoes and jalapenos from our garden), refried beans and Spanish rice.
newmamalizzy's Avatar newmamalizzy 07:09 PM 09-03-2014
And this is what happens when you meal plan far in advance - Crock-pot split pea soup using up a frozen ham bone, right when summer has decided to make a last gallant effort. I made it anyway.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 04:37 AM 09-04-2014
We had buffalo chicken sandwiches in while wheat buns with lettuce and ranch. Baked French fries and green beans. I just cut large chicken breasts up into bun sizes and baked them with redhot and butter mixture.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 04:38 AM 09-04-2014
Tonight I'm making homemade chicken fried rice. I only have a small amount of chicken so I'm going to add lots of veggies.
Ragana's Avatar Ragana 07:50 AM 09-04-2014
Quote:

We're having black bean chili tonight with some frozen fries. Firing up the crockpot again!

Other meals on the list:
* Rice, edamame/carrot, fried egg & spicy sauce (kimchi if I can find some by then)
* Pasta with canned salmon sauteed with garlic
* Black bean nachos with guac and salsa

Two nights ago I made the chili, but no fries, and last night was the salmon pasta. Tonight it's just me and the kids, so I think I will make the frozen fries and some simple sides - salad, maybe a fried egg.
newmamalizzy's Avatar newmamalizzy 10:52 AM 09-04-2014
Leftover night here - a random array of split pea soup, cole slaw and grilled chicken.
pumabearclan 04:39 PM 09-04-2014
Lamb patty w leftover portion of eggplant parm, fresh herbs & veg
First ... 10  60  100  108  109  110 111  112  120  ... Last

Up