Dinner - What Are You Having? - Page 119 - Mothering Forums
First ... 19  69  109  117  118  119 120  121  ... Last
Meal Planning > Dinner - What Are You Having?
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 06:30 PM 10-27-2014
Whipped up pasta with a quick tomato sauce and Italian sausage.

Fortune Teller's Avatar Fortune Teller 06:39 PM 10-27-2014
bean soup and homemade bread
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 06:44 PM 10-27-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortune Teller View Post
bean soup and homemade bread
You just reminded me I have a bag of 15 bean soup in the pantry - maybe I'll make it up this weekend, with some bacon pain d'epi!
Kate&Joey's Avatar Kate&Joey 06:45 PM 10-27-2014
Sweet potato, quinoa, and kale fritters. Arugula salad with roasted beets and toasted pecans. Getting my fall on. ;-)
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 08:07 PM 10-27-2014
Chicken fried rice, made with the rest of my rotisserie from the other day.
elou82's Avatar elou82 09:03 PM 10-27-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post
I made Norwegian meatballs with dill sauce and buttered noodles on the side.
Do you have a recipe for these? I checked out your site but didn't see them there. Maybe I missed them? Anyway, I really enjoyed the Norwegian meatballs my older friend made, but the seasonings and sauce were from a packet. I know homemade would be so much better and a dill sauce sounds like an interesting touch.

Thanks!
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 06:56 AM 10-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate&Joey View Post
Sweet potato, quinoa, and kale fritters. Arugula salad with roasted beets and toasted pecans. Getting my fall on. ;-)
Sounds good! I love sweet potatoes
Gingerjv 02:58 PM 10-28-2014
What a long and hard day today!!;-(( Take away chinese food is a great way out when you feel exhausted;-))
Fortune Teller's Avatar Fortune Teller 07:32 PM 10-28-2014
Chicken and rice
Kate&Joey's Avatar Kate&Joey 07:42 PM 10-28-2014
Veggie fajitas and whole wheat tortillas with guacamole.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 08:19 PM 10-28-2014
Shrimp And broccoli Alfredo with linguini
Earthyone's Avatar Earthyone 06:34 AM 10-29-2014
Hardshell Tacos over the soft ones, I've been craving them lately.

Reading thru this thread makes me realize I need to remember to use my crockpot more often.
Ragana's Avatar Ragana 06:57 AM 10-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragana View Post
Rough plan for the week, including tonight (might change somewhat by kid request - one of them wants mashed potatoes, but we aren't buying meat right now, so not sure what to make it with):

* Tonight - veggie chili with frozen veg and kidney beans (and froze half for later)
* Bday dinner - spaghetti with shrimp scampi
* Halloween - ? depends on trick-or-treating plans, but maybe something easy like frozen pizza (eek, used it up yesterday when I was tired)
* Thai red curry with edamame or tofu
Well, that was fast. Need new ideas already. I think today will be red lentil, spinach, lemon soup from this easy recipe: http://www.pinkofperfection.com/2011...ach-and-lemon/ plus focaccia from this recipe (probably just topped with some salt and garlic powder): http://allrecipes.com/recipe/easiest-focaccia-recipe/

I have been doing a personal learn-to-bake challenge and #6 turned out great - Chunky Apple Spice Cake - although I made the pumpkin pie spice to my liking by leaving out the allspice and including cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, and a little ginger and clove. Not usually a fan of pumpkin pie spice. The focaccia above will be project #7 .
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 09:35 PM 10-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by elou82 View Post
Do you have a recipe for these? I checked out your site but didn't see them there. Maybe I missed them? Anyway, I really enjoyed the Norwegian meatballs my older friend made, but the seasonings and sauce were from a packet. I know homemade would be so much better and a dill sauce sounds like an interesting touch.Thanks!
The Norwegian twist is all about the spicing. Equal parts ground beef and pork, with a "stretcher" (breadcrumbs if you want; I'm extra frugal and use rice crispies), an egg and the spices - cinnamon (technically supposed to be cassia, but they're pretty close), nutmeg, cloves, allspice, ground onion, ground garlic, and dill. Serve with a dill sauce (beef stock base, touch of milk/soymilk, dill) and ligonberries. Egg noodles on the side.

Tonight - dinner in the friendly skies via United - a tapas snack box and a duo of chardonnays. My menfolk ate better than me at home, obviously.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 10:13 AM 10-30-2014
I have to go to the store today for a couple things, so I think I'll pick up a rotisserie and make a chicken Caesar salad.
newmamalizzy's Avatar newmamalizzy 12:50 PM 10-30-2014
Hopefully chicken soup tonight, but it's not looking good. Last night ended up with expensive middle eastern takeout. Get past this growth spurt please, nursling! I need to cook (and shower)!
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 06:58 PM 10-30-2014
Another batch of perloo here, to use the last of the andouille and some of the chicken from the freezer (T-15 days to moving day!). Sans shrimp this time, since we used that up in the last batch.
Mylie's Avatar Mylie 07:09 PM 10-30-2014
We had Pork cutletts and boiled potatos...cinnamon pearsauce...
Kate&Joey's Avatar Kate&Joey 07:18 PM 10-30-2014
Brats cooked in cabbage, onions, and apple. Grainy mustard, pickled onions, and buns for serving.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 09:17 PM 10-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmamalizzy View Post
Hopefully chicken soup tonight, but it's not looking good. Last night ended up with expensive middle eastern takeout. Get past this growth spurt please, nursling! I need to cook (and shower)!
Awwww I can't wait to have my new swishy baby. I'm making some freezer meals next week. Hopefully it will help me out and I have a group of friends from my old church that we all cook for each other after a baby is born. It seems one of us is always pregnant. How old is your baby?
pumabearclan 11:32 AM 10-31-2014
garlic shrimp over Asian takeout (basil stir fry), ghee, beer
Tella 03:52 PM 10-31-2014
we're having pizza for today))) not very healthy but that tasty
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 02:23 PM 11-01-2014
Last night after trick or treating, we had half home made pizza and pumpkin cake. For tonight, I've got 15 bean soup perking away on the stove. If I get ambitious, I'll make some cornbread or biscuits to go with.
Kate&Joey's Avatar Kate&Joey 02:28 PM 11-01-2014
I did pumpkin lentil veggie chili last night in the crockpot and cornbread. We had a big lunch so not sure if we will bother with a proper dinner tonight.
Trully_Jully 03:56 PM 11-01-2014
I'm making beef&veggie curry with my Redmond multicooker. Just put it on Stew mode and can in here right now. Just one hour and it's gonna be ready. Recently I've bought multicooker and enjoy making meal in it.
Ragana's Avatar Ragana 11:20 AM 11-02-2014
I have a bunch of stuff to do until a conference I am attending starts mid-week, and then I won't be home much around dinner time for the rest of the week because of that, so family will mainly fend (from the freezer stash of Trader Joe's stuff plus fresh vegetables and fruit, rice cooker, etc.), and I may be eating out a few times. See you next week!
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 11:35 AM 11-02-2014
Husband is working tonight, so I'll probably end up eating leftover bean stew. I was too lazy to make cornbread last night, so I'll probably do up a batch this afternoon.
newmamalizzy's Avatar newmamalizzy 02:35 PM 11-02-2014
I have a pork loin with apples, potatoes, and onions roasting in the oven for tonight. Planning pasta w/pesto and fried eggs with cauliflower for tomorrow and leftover pork sandwiches with slaw for Tuesday.
pumabearclan 06:19 PM 11-02-2014
baked ziti with garlic mussels under butter
Fortune Teller's Avatar Fortune Teller 10:27 PM 11-02-2014
Taco bowls, made in the crockpot, served over rice. Was really good!
First ... 19  69  109  117  118  119 120  121  ... Last

Up