Dinner - What Are You Having? - Page 123 - Mothering Forums
First ... 23  73  113  121  122  123 124 
Meal Planning > Dinner - What Are You Having?
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 02:48 PM 12-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdahekawi View Post
DH is working late so I'm on my own. I'm going to try to keep down some fruit and egg drop soup w/homemade bone broth. (Yay morning sickness.)
Awe hang in there. I'm 38 weeks this week. Now heartburn has replaced morning sickness.

Leftover spaghetti and chili tonight.

Ragana's Avatar Ragana 06:47 PM 12-01-2014
Plan for this week so far:
* Tonight - pizza bread
* Tomorrow - crockpot baked potatoes
* Rice, tofu, frozen dumplings
* Pasta with goat cheese and/or canned salmon

Plus assorted vegetable sides: spring mix salad, cucumber salad, sauteed mushrooms, brussels sprouts, snap peas
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 08:59 PM 12-03-2014
Last night husband grilled turkey burgers and baked potatoes, which we had with green beans. Tonight we had pan fried chicken with a rice/veggie mix.
Fortune Teller's Avatar Fortune Teller 06:01 PM 12-05-2014
cheeseburgers, fries, and peaches.

Littlest finished the end of one of his workbooks today, and got a 'diploma' lol. He asked if we could have cheeseburgers to celebrate. Luckily, I had already planned on cheeseburgers tonight!
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 09:35 PM 12-05-2014
Due in about 10 days do I've been super busy cleaning and getting things ready. Been making easy dinners and getting take out a lot.
Tonight I made Alfredo with veggies and pasta.
Gingerjv 01:55 PM 12-06-2014
Little BBQ party today) Some grilled salmon and sausages, burgers, meat and veggies. Some of wine for girls and beer for boys;-) And cake from our friends for desert!
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 03:48 PM 12-06-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
Due in about 10 days do I've been super busy cleaning and getting things ready. Been making easy dinners and getting take out a lot.
Tonight I made Alfredo with veggies and pasta.
Oh, a new baby for Christmas - how joyous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerjv View Post
Little BBQ party today) Some grilled salmon and sausages, burgers, meat and veggies. Some of wine for girls and beer for boys;-) And cake from our friends for desert!
That sounds really good - makes me what eat some salmon. But we have some leftovers in the fridge I ought to eat up, so it'll probably be those - Andouille sausage, sweet pepper and potato skillet. Husband took the day off work and is down in the city gaming with friends, so he'll most certainly be eating junk food. And Little Man has requested parmesan spaghetti.
Ragana's Avatar Ragana 08:14 AM 12-07-2014
December is crazy this year. And this week there is something going on Mon-Wed evenings, so I will have to have stuff ready in the kitchen for people to eat when they can. So, I'm planning on black bean tacos, baked potatoes, and something else easy (fish sticks I have in the freezer) those nights. Post-Wed dinners to be determined!
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 08:28 AM 12-07-2014
Husband is working a day shift today, so will be home at a halfway reasonable hour for dinner. So I'm making pasta bolognese.
Mylie's Avatar Mylie 10:02 AM 12-07-2014
We are having hamburger gravy with mashed potatos and French green beans and biscuits...
Gingerjv 12:16 PM 12-07-2014
kitchensqueen, We also have parmesan spaghetti today)) and some leftovers from the BBQ party (grilled meat, salmon and veggies;-) but no cake is left so nothing for desert;-)
Fortune Teller's Avatar Fortune Teller 08:37 PM 12-07-2014
Curry squash and lentil soup, made by husband
newmamalizzy's Avatar newmamalizzy 09:47 AM 12-08-2014
Scrounging until our pea pod order comes tomorrow. I have a box of baby spinach to use, some green beans to salvage before they go bad, and a random array of pantry/freezer foods. I'm thinking a spinach pasta with beans on the side.
medicmama's Avatar medicmama 09:53 AM 12-08-2014
Today is going to be a fridge clean out. Hoping to make a chili or veggie burritos.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 10:19 AM 12-08-2014
I have left over taco meat so I'm making my Mexican macaroni and cheese dish.
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 08:47 PM 12-09-2014
Husband made crockpot beef stew tonight.
inoregon's Avatar inoregon 09:41 PM 12-09-2014
Tonight was elk burgers with sautéed mushrooms, broccoli and red peppers on the side. Though I was so bloated I couldn't finish
EDD 8-8-15
newmamalizzy's Avatar newmamalizzy 06:27 AM 12-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by inoregon View Post
Tonight was elk burgers with sautéed mushrooms, broccoli and red peppers on the side. Though I was so bloated I couldn't finish
EDD 8-8-15
Congrats!

We had a delicious lamb stew last night. Not enough for leftover shepards pie, unfortunately, so I have to come up with something for tonight.
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 08:07 PM 12-11-2014
We made crockpot beef roast with potatoes and onions, with the last lonely pumpkin ale in the fridge.
Fortune Teller's Avatar Fortune Teller 08:58 PM 12-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post
We made crockpot beef roast with potatoes and onions, with the last lonely pumpkin ale in the fridge.
Yum! That sounds really, really good. I've never added beer to my stew before, let alone pumpkin ale. I will have to try that next time!

Tonight was lentil tacos, pico de gallo, and tortilla chips.
Ragana's Avatar Ragana 10:00 AM 12-12-2014
Last night was Mexican casserole, which I make in the crock pot when there are scraps and bits of leftover tortillas, vegetables, salsas, etc. I layered the following in my crock & cooked until hot/cooked through: corn tortillas (these dissolve and thicken the casserole), pinto beans, frozen veg, sliced onion, sliced zucchini, leftover salsa mixed with veg broth. Served with sour cream and sliced avocado. It was good, but maybe needed a can of diced tomatoes, too.

Tonight I am trying a new recipe, seitan wings:
http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recip...-seitan-wings/
Will serve those with sesame or peanut noodles and a salad with lime or lemon vinaigrette. Mac&cheese for the non-spicy eater.

Tomorrow is dinner out - whew!
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 04:47 PM 12-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortune Teller View Post
Yum! That sounds really, really good. I've never added beer to my stew before, let alone pumpkin ale. I will have to try that next time!
It is pretty tasty - and it doesn't have to be a pumpkin ale. I also think nut brown ale and oatmeal stout are pretty good. I've tried Guinness and that comes out to heavy and bitter for me.

Speaking of - we're having the last of it for dinner tonight.
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 09:23 AM 12-13-2014
We're having brats with baked potatoes tonight. And baked beans if I have some; can't remember if we have any cans left downstairs.
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 12:39 PM 12-14-2014
I have absolutely no idea what to make for dinner... husband is working, LM will probably request some form of noodles or oatmeal and I don't have a taste for anything. Meh.
Ragana's Avatar Ragana 01:37 PM 12-14-2014
Tonight - Starting to use up stuff in the fridge before Xmas, so we are having a goat cheese and spinach pasta bake.
Fortune Teller's Avatar Fortune Teller 10:30 PM 12-14-2014
cheesy brocoli casserole (I made a double batch this time, since the kids absolutely love it and typically gobble it up in no time), and salad.
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 11:04 PM 12-14-2014
Ended up having pasta with bolognese from the freezer.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 03:54 AM 12-15-2014
I made spaghetti Saturday and we had leftover spaghetti yesterday but it was early, like 4, so hubby and I got take out at about 7 bc we were hungry. We got a nacho from our favorite Mexican place.
Friday I made BLTs
Thursday hubby got pizza bc I couldn't move!
It's been real easy boring meals around here bc we are on baby watch and I feel like crud.
Ragana's Avatar Ragana 08:37 AM 12-15-2014
apeydef - Good luck with baby watch!

Thinking of Mothering standby Honey Baked Lentils for dinner tonight. Probably with rice and whatever scraps of vegetables are left. Need to clean out fridge and plan carefully for the week before vacation.
apeydef's Avatar apeydef 04:06 PM 12-15-2014
Thank you!

Tonight I'm making chicken, red skin potatoes and veggie with butter and Italian seasoning. It's my new favorate.
First ... 23  73  113  121  122  123 124 

Up