Dinner - What Are You Having? - Page 131 - Mothering Forums

205Likes

#3901 of 3930 Old 03-03-2015, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Shepherd'e pie here tonight - cold weather comfort food. Kind of hard to believe that spring starts in a little over two weeks.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3902 of 3930 Old 03-04-2015, 05:31 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
I think I'm going with a shrimp and asparagus stir fry tonight.
#3903 of 3930 Old 03-04-2015, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Bamee noodles with barbecue pork here. I really wanted Mongolian beef, but we don't have any beef, so this was the next best thing.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#3904 of 3930 Old 03-07-2015, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

Last night we had honey ham steak and baked potatoes. Tonight we'll be having spaghetti with Italian sausage and marinara.

#3905 of 3930 Old 03-08-2015, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
So this is the way last week turned out:

* Soup and/or tamales - Made vegetable-chickpea soup in the crockpot
* Vietnamese rice noodle salad - or over rice - Made teriyaki tofu with rice and asparagus
* Buffalo chickpea wraps - X
* Crepes and eggs
* Goat cheese pasta - didn't end up using the goat cheese last week

I know I'm making some Trader Joe's dumplings for dinner, but not sure about the plan for the week yet.

Kitchensqueen - Ham and baked potatoes sound good! I wish my kids would eat ham, but neither does.

Mom "D" to DD1 "Z" (15) and DD2 "I" (11) DH "M"

#3906 of 3930 Old 03-08-2015, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragana View Post
Kitchensqueen - Ham and baked potatoes sound good! I wish my kids would eat ham, but neither does.
Actually, Little Man won't touch it. Except for the occasional chicken nugget, the kid is basically a vegetarian...

Husband and I split half a bottle of red wine with dinner last night, so I've got to use up the rest since husband isn't typically a wine drinker. It's likely not prudent to throw back half a bottle of wine the night before leaving on a cross-country business trip, so I've decided to cook with it - a great excuse to make coq au vin!

#3907 of 3930 Old 03-08-2015, 12:23 PM

Just the big girl and I eating dinner this week, so trying to keep things simple. Tonight is pork chops, carrots and broccoli.
#3908 of 3930 Old 03-09-2015, 03:36 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Pulled pork nachos. (Sweet potatoes roasted with garlic, smoked chipotle, and bacon... Layered with leftover pulled pork and raw cheddar. Topped with chipotle crema and green onions. So good!)
#3909 of 3930 Old 03-10-2015, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

I'm on the road for work so I'm eating like crap. Last night was restaurant Italian - bland mixed green salad, "hand made" linguine with marinara and meatballs, a glass of chardonnay and a chocolate lava cake.

Tonight I ordered room service and got overcooked chicken breast, unsalted poorly mashed potatoes and a salad so wilted I didn't bother to eat it. Plus my obligatory glass of chardonnay, and some beef jerky from my stash of snacks. I'm tempted to order chocolate cake from room service to make up for it, but I almost don't want to be disappointed by bad chocolate cake...

#3910 of 3930 Old 03-11-2015, 06:54 AM

Busy, busy here. Monday was burritos out, Tuesday spaghetti and meatballs, tonight crockpot baked potatoes and veggie breakfast sausage.

#3911 of 3930 Old 03-11-2015, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Still on the road tonight, but fared better with an upscale business dinner - steak, sauteed mushrooms, truffled fries, chardonnay, chocolate mouse. And it was actually good!

Tomorrow - AIRPORT FOOD!!!

#3912 of 3930 Old 03-13-2015, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

After a week of restaurant food on the road, I'm making something extra simple for dinner tonight - baked potatoes!

#3913 of 3930 Old 03-15-2015, 05:56 AM

I've got a pretty basic week planned:

* Pasta & sauce
* Black bean burritos
* Buffalo chickpea wraps
* Broccoli tofu stir-fry with peanut sauce

I also picked up some preserved lemon slices at Trader Joe's because they looked good. Any idea what I can do with those? They are salty rather than sweet.

#3914 of 3930 Old 03-15-2015, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragana View Post
I also picked up some preserved lemon slices at Trader Joe's because they looked good. Any idea what I can do with those? They are salty rather than sweet.
Mediterranean style rotisserie chicken in the crock pot? Add in some olives and rosemary and lay the lemons on top of the chicken.

Tonight I'm making bacon and whiskey chili for dinner since we have some bacon to use up.

Tomorrow I think crock pot cassoulet, and then husband has requested a crock pot rotisserie chicken at some point this week.

#3915 of 3930 Old 03-17-2015, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post
Mediterranean style rotisserie chicken in the crock pot? Add in some olives and rosemary and lay the lemons on top of the chicken.

Tonight I'm making bacon and whiskey chili for dinner since we have some bacon to use up.

Tomorrow I think crock pot cassoulet, and then husband has requested a crock pot rotisserie chicken at some point this week.
That was my thought as well...something Mediterranean or Morrocan like.

Mom to DD heartbeat.gif (04.21.13)   DS blahblah.gif (8 years old) and DSD energy.gif(10 years old) and 2 dog2.gif and 2cat.gif
#3916 of 3930 Old 03-18-2015, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Yesterday we did crock pot corned beef and cabbage with potatoes it was so good! But I'm one of those people that could eat that once a week in the winter if husband would go for it; not just once a year. One of the best meals ever.

Tonight I think it's the crock pot rotisserie chicken, which I am frankly not in the mood for but will eat if that's what for dinner. I worked a hellishly long day today, so I'm not about to turn up my nose at dinner pre-made when I walk in the door.

#3917 of 3930 Old 03-18-2015, 04:47 PM

Only feeding myself and my 4 year old again this week and keeping things really simple. Monday was jarred pasta sauce and ground beef over spaghetti with steamed broccoli. Tuesday was a soup made with finely chopped veggies, beef broth, leftover meat sauce and alphabet noodles. Today just leftover soup. I thawed a bunch of salmon so I have to cook that tomorrow. Possibly add it to ramen. Everyone's sick
#3918 of 3930 Old 03-19-2015, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Lots of leftovers here and husband is having dinner out at his gaming convention, so I'll just scavenge something from the fridge.

#3919 of 3930 Old 03-20-2015, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Spaghetti with jarred marinara and Italian sausage here tonight. Nothing fancy.

#3920 of 3930 Old 03-20-2015, 07:02 PM

We were out of town last weekend and then I ate at my parents' on Monday. Tuesday I went out with friends for a birthday celebration so I left pasta and jarred sauce for DH and kiddos.

Felt like I needed some detox food after all that. Wednesday - curried asparagus soup (vegan) and garlic Naan. Thursday - fried brown rice with kale and Brussels sprouts.

Friday - we usually go out but DS had lacrosse practice so we just met DH and DD at our local pizza place. Stromboli with onions, peppers, and mushrooms.

Now having some beers while watching March Madness. Yay for the weekend!

Mom to DD heartbeat.gif (04.21.13)   DS blahblah.gif (8 years old) and DSD energy.gif(10 years old) and 2 dog2.gif and 2cat.gif
#3921 of 3930 Old 03-22-2015, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Crockpot barbecue chicken here. Will probably throw some tater tots or fries in the oven to go with.

#3922 of 3930 Old 03-22-2015, 07:13 PM

Thanks for the tips about preserved lemons. If I can't get the family to accept chicken, I will try Moroccan vegetables and couscous.

We have a foreign exchange student staying with us this week, so we went out for hamburgers tonight. Tomorrow night green chili chicken and black bean tacos. Probably pasta once, because she does like spaghetti and meatballs. Thinking of other all-American foods ;-) All the kids are having pizza together Friday.

#3923 of 3930 Old 03-23-2015, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Turkey tacos here tonight.

#3924 of 3930 Old 03-24-2015, 01:00 PM

Sunday - had to use up the jarred marinara so doctored it up with a can of anchovies, garlic, white wine, and canned minced clams. Was yummy with linguine!

Monday - Greek salad bowls. Pearl couscous with chickpeas tossed with lemon juice and olive oil. Lots of veggies (grape tomatoes, cucumber, olives, romaine, avocado). Dollop of Greek yogurt with lemon juice and olive oil.

Tuesday - salmon over brown rice with kale, pecans, and dried cranberries.

#3925 of 3930 Old 03-24-2015, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pasta for us tonight! Just browned ground beef, uncooked noodles, jarred sauce, and some mozzarella cheese mixed together and baked in a 9x13. Plus we'll have a leafy green salad.

Jenn: WOHM to a big girl (7/03), a medium girl (8/07), and a little girl (12/10)
#3926 of 3930 Old 03-25-2015, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Random questions about the crock pot rotisserie chicken. Does the skin get crispy at all? And how long are you leaving it in there? Are you also adding lemon and rosemary to the inner cavity? Can you use fresh lemon slices? Sorry for all the questions, but I've been wanting to try this recipe ever since I first saw it on this thread and I'm going to a party this weekend and think this would be just purrrfect to bring!
#3927 of 3930 Old 03-25-2015, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchypants View Post
Random questions about the crock pot rotisserie chicken. Does the skin get crispy at all? And how long are you leaving it in there? Are you also adding lemon and rosemary to the inner cavity? Can you use fresh lemon slices? Sorry for all the questions, but I've been wanting to try this recipe ever since I first saw it on this thread and I'm going to a party this weekend and think this would be just purrrfect to bring!
The skins browns up nicely, but it doesn't get crispy like it does in the oven. You can add stuff to the inside if you want, and you can use fresh lemons; that's usually what I use. If you set it on high, 2 hours usually does it; 3-4 on low.

Tonight I made turkey noodle soup, with turkey and home made made turkey stock from the freezer stash.
witchypants likes this.

#3928 of 3930 Old Yesterday, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks kitchenqueen! You're awesome!
#3929 of 3930 Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchypants View Post
Thanks kitchenqueen! You're awesome!
We just make it a lot. :-)

#3930 of 3930 Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Ironically, we had store-purchased rotisserie chicken tonight, with bagged green salad on the side.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page