Mothering Forum banner

Dinner - What Are You Having?

180K views 5K replies 253 participants last post by  annwlenox 
#1 ·
I didn't see a recent active thread about dinner, and since I love to cook to and eat I thought I'd start one.

Last night we had ham and scalloped potatoes (using leftover Easter ham) and tonight we had bamee noodles with barbecued pork.

Tomorrow night, I'm thinking about doing a bacon and whiskey chili since it's so rainy and cool, but I'm not sure yet. Who knows what I'll want tomorrow?

What's everyone else doing for dinner?

#3,423 · (Edited)
Figured out my dinners for the week:

* Chipotle chili with pinto beans, black beans, tomatoes, and corn :thumb
* Tonight - Yakisoba noodles with carrot, onion, cabbage, and tofu :thumb
* Baked tofu nuggets
* Okonomiyaki (Japanese vegetable pancakes)
* Spaghetti with red sauce and focaccia

I am not a baker, but I'm trying to find a few simple recipes I can master. So, yesterday I made brownies, today I am making mixed berry muffins, and I hope to make focaccia later this week from this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/easiest-focaccia-recipe/

#3,434 ·
Figured out my dinners for the week:

* Chipotle chili with pinto beans, black beans, tomatoes, and corn :thumb
* Tonight - Yakisoba noodles with carrot, onion, cabbage, and tofu :thumb
* Baked tofu nuggets :thumb - served this with BBQ sauce, mayo drop biscuits and lime coleslaw
* Okonomiyaki (Japanese vegetable pancakes)
* Spaghetti with red sauce and focaccia :thumb - didn't make the focaccia, made peach cake instead
That's it so far. Not sure what I'll be up for tomorrow because we've had lime coleslaw and cabbage in stuff all week, and the okonomiyaki has cabbage in it, too. Luckily I'm shopping tomorrow.

#3,436 ·
Last night was leftovers as DH was out with DSD. I had the last of the soup. DS almost finished the burrito bowl mix. DD had roasted sweet potato chunks. There's something so satisfying about clearing out the fridge like that. :)

Tonight DS will be with a friend so I think we will take DD out for a pseudo date night.

#3,438 ·
That sounds like a fun routine! I bet they look forward to fridays :)

Well, we missed lunch today. Had a repair man come over to look at our heater, which delayed some errands, which delayed lunch. The spaghetti and homemade marinara meant for lunch will just be an early dinner for the kiddies. Husband is working late, so I don't have to worry about him, and I hate spaghetti so I will likely just scrounge in the fridge for whatever.

#3,447 ·
Had Buffalo Wild Wings last night! Yumm to this prego lady. Tonight hubby is gone so I'm making the kids Semi homemade Mac n cheese and some veggies. I'm having some veggie soup from the freezer and maybe a grilled cheese. :) it's cold out there and that sounds good!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.