Dinner - What Are You Having? - Page 139 - Mothering Forums

372Likes

#4141 of 4255 Old 06-25-2015, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
We did quick and easy tonight - brats poached in beer, french fries and baked beans.
pumabearclan likes this.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4142 of 4255 Old 06-26-2015, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
beef&bean chili, dandelion & herbs under duck fat, beer
#4143 of 4255 Old 06-26-2015, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Not sure what to make tonight - husband is working and Little Man has a tummy ache. He'll probably do something bland like applesauce and butter bread. For me? Maybe some pasta with bean and spinach sauce that we've in the fridge.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#4144 of 4255 Old 06-27-2015, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Grilled pork chops with corn on the cob and leftover broccoli.
#4145 of 4255 Old 06-27-2015, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

We're taking Little Man to the movies, so I think we'll do something quick like linguine with marinara and Italian sausage.

#4146 of 4255 Old 06-27-2015, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
The new grill finally arrived! So we had some of my family over and grilled up a TON of food. Chicken breasts and thighs, a buffalo steak, hot dogs, sausages, sweet corn, a large sweet onion, summer squash, pineapple disks with balsamic glaze, nectarines and peaches - half with balsamic glaze half without and on skewers cherry tomatoes, strawberries, and grapes. We also made a green salad. I was super impressed by how much we were able to get out of that grill! I'm really happy with it!
pumabearclan likes this.
#4147 of 4255 Old 06-28-2015, 06:48 AM

sausage, baked beans, dandelion with herbs & onion under butter, beer
witchypants likes this.
#4148 of 4255 Old 06-28-2015, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Today for a b-day celebration we had mostly authentic Chicago hot dogs: poppy seed buns, Vienna Beef dogs (grilled rather than boiled, though), tomato, onion, pickle spear, sport peppers, celery salt, and relish (still looking for a source of that neon green relish that doesn't cost a mint or come in 2-gallon tubs). I did buy a gallon jar of the hot peppers, though! That was a gift for the birthday girl.

I'm not even hungry for dinner after that! :-)
pumabearclan likes this.

Mom "D"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to DD1 "Z" (15)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and DD2 "I" (12)
DH "M"

#4149 of 4255 Old 06-28-2015, 07:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The four of us had large salds with greens from our garden, topped with home made feta cheese, pastured turkey and homemade salad dressing. Right now the littles are snacking on the batch of heart jerkey I spent all day dehydrating, gotta get back to putting up veggies from the garden but gotta sneak in that organ meat too
pumabearclan likes this.
#4150 of 4255 Old 06-29-2015, 05:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Italian baked chicken with fresh corn from the garden and tomatoes from the garden.
Easy and light but delicious!
witchypants and pumabearclan like this.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#4151 of 4255 Old 06-29-2015, 06:20 AM

Decided that tonight will be yakisoba and tomorrow bean and vegetable soup - it's summer but raining constantly! - but not sure about the rest of the week.

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (15)
and DD2 "I" (12)
DH "M"

#4152 of 4255 Old 06-29-2015, 07:20 AM

Same here, Ragana. My DD is about to turn blue at her outdoor swimming lesson.

We have leftover stuff from sushi party, so miso ramen and some maki rolls here tonight. Gotta use up the $30/lb fish DH bought :scream_cat:
Ragana and pumabearclan like this.
#4153 of 4255 Old 06-29-2015, 07:48 AM

meaty rice, duck broth, soft boiled egg
#4154 of 4255 Old 06-29-2015, 09:18 AM

Cooler here today and I've got a spaghetti squash I need to use up before the heat returns so Spaghetti Squash lasagna with a green salad tonight.
pumabearclan likes this.
#4155 of 4255 Old 06-29-2015, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Everyone's dinner sounds way, way better than mine. Business travel this week, and my hotel has basically non-existent room service. If you want a vacuum sealed sandwich, bag of chips and a $10 glass of wine you're in luck. If not - no go. So I thought I'd over delivery of something, but it's Monday so nearly every take out place is closed.

I ended going to a supermarket, thinking I could get a nice cold noodle salad or a few pieces of fried chicken and wedge fries (or something!) from the prepared foods section, but ugh. Not in this town.

I ended up with canned chicken noodle soup, microwavable chicken pot stickers and a selection of mixed olives and marinated mushrooms. WTH.

Business dinner at a proper restaurant tomorrow night, so I probably won't starve.
Ragana and witchypants like this.

#4156 of 4255 Old 06-30-2015, 05:12 AM

I hope you get an excellent dinner tonight kitchensqueen!

Tonight is sausage, tater tots, greens & herbs, butter, soft boiled egg
witchypants likes this.
#4157 of 4255 Old 06-30-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragana View Post
Decided that tonight will be yakisoba and tomorrow bean and vegetable soup - it's summer but raining constantly! - but not sure about the rest of the week.
In true form, my plan changed already

Ended up making rice bowls with tofu, cucumbers, and carrots topped with Vietnamese dressing.

Tonight I will use the beans, but those will be in tacos for an impromptu dinner with friends I organized yesterday. Popped into the Mexican market yesterday and got pork, tortillas, fresh salsa, avocados, etc. Now hoping it won't rain AGAIN so we can sit on the porch...

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (15)
and DD2 "I" (12)
DH "M"

#4158 of 4255 Old 06-30-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post
Business travel this week...
Business dinner at a proper restaurant tomorrow night, so I probably won't starve.
Hope the restaurant is good!! Although from the description of the town, it might be of the all-you-can-eat breadsticks variety?
pumabearclan likes this.

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (15)
and DD2 "I" (12)
DH "M"

#4159 of 4255 Old 06-30-2015, 12:27 PM

Our plans changed too. We're doing the miso ramen with bok choy tonight. Last night we did iceberg and cucumber with shredded chicken, pistachios and carrot/ginger dressing.
#4160 of 4255 Old 06-30-2015, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumabearclan View Post
I hope you get an excellent dinner tonight kitchensqueen!

Tonight is sausage, tater tots, greens & herbs, butter, soft boiled egg
Quote:
Hope the restaurant is good!! Although from the description of the town, it might be of the all-you-can-eat breadsticks variety?
Yeah, karma worked out in my favor - classic Irish pub. Excellent fish and chips, and too much beer. I'm getting to old to work hard and play hard in the same day!

#4161 of 4255 Old 07-01-2015, 09:02 AM

There's been a request for chicken curry with garlic quinoa. So even though I've made it fairly recently we'll have that tonight. It's a crock pot meal so that's nice. It's super muggy here so I'm not exactly sad to skip the oven today!
pumabearclan likes this.
#4162 of 4255 Old 07-01-2015, 11:13 AM

Mmmm. Fish and chips and too much beer!

We STILL haven't had the noodles. I guess we'll try again tonight.
#4163 of 4255 Old 07-01-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmamalizzy View Post
Mmmm. Fish and chips and too much beer!
I agree!

Tonight pasta with sauce and meatballs - and a gin-and-tonic, all thanks to my Costco visit today!
pumabearclan likes this.

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (15)
and DD2 "I" (12)
DH "M"

#4164 of 4255 Old 07-01-2015, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Still on the road - extra crispy dark meat and mashed potatoes with gravy from KFC. Notably - NO ALCOHOL! Tomorrow night I'll end up with airport food and then it's back to home cooking!
pumabearclan likes this.

#4165 of 4255 Old 07-01-2015, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Good grief, where did June go?! I blinked, and it was over.

Tonight we're having cold roast chicken thighs, rice, and zucchini.
Ragana and pumabearclan like this.

Mama to Munchkin 
and Chickadee
, co-parent to 3 additional children... plus one on the way.
#4166 of 4255 Old 07-02-2015, 03:37 AM

Quote:
a gin-and-tonic
Isn't that the perfect summer drink

beef&bean chili, butter, parsley salad, soft boiled egg
#4167 of 4255 Old 07-03-2015, 11:48 AM

Raw bar!
#4168 of 4255 Old 07-03-2015, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Probably just garlic noodles or something.

#4169 of 4255 Old 07-03-2015, 04:27 PM

Yesterday contributed hot dogs to a BBQ and tonight easy dinner - frozen pizza and raw vegetables with ranch.

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (15)
and DD2 "I" (12)
DH "M"

#4170 of 4255 Old 07-04-2015, 07:35 AM

Tonight? Either a frozen meal or black bean tacos. I have black beans in the crock pot right now. Tomorrow - sandwiches with pickles and chips on the side at the beach!

Next week - gluten-free dinners for a week or so while my in-laws are here. I have a few dinners planned for when I cook (MIL likes to cook, too): brown rice spaghetti and meatballs, Cobb salad, probably tacos again, but this time with crock pot pulled pork.
pumabearclan likes this.

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (15)
and DD2 "I" (12)
DH "M"

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page