Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4262 of 4789 Old 08-04-2015, 06:41 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragana View Post
Tonight - Thai green or red curry with rice and pineapple/cucumber salad. Possibly with friends from out of town.

On the list for this week:

* Black bean/ground beef tacos
* Vegetable lo mein - trying out a Chinese takeout cookbook
* Crockpot baked potatoes - as a break from the rice/pasta routine and so as not to heat the oven
* BBQ tofu bowls
Made the curry
Making crockpot baked potatoes for lunch today. They are in the pot right now.
Last night made chap chae with vegetables and tofu instead of lo mein, but used same veg (different noodles)
Tonight - Taco Tuesday!
witchypants and pumabearclan like this.

Mom "D"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to DD1 "Z" (16)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and DD2 "I" (13)
DH "M"

#4263 of 4789 Old 08-04-2015, 07:41 AM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Planning on leftovers here tonight. I'm so unwilling to cook lately. Hot dogs and green beans or pasta with gross frozen meatballs.
witchypants likes this.
#4264 of 4789 Old 08-04-2015, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
The BBQ pulled pork from the other night was off the chain. One of my better BBQ sauces, I must say! I slow cooked the pork for about 10 hours, then made pulled pork bowls since we're not doing a lot of grain. I layered it with greens on the bottom (spinach, chard, kale); then heaping spoonfuls of pulled pork; sprinkling of shredded cheese, topped with diced tomatoes and sweet onion. It was so insanely good! We've got plenty of leftovers so that will become lunches.

Last night we had shepherds pie with a green salad.

Tonight will be spaghetti squash lasagna with a tomato cucumber salad.
#4265 of 4789 Old 08-04-2015, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Though it is not what I want, I'm making pork chops. The meat stores are a bit depleted, so that's what for dinner. We also have a pint of cherry tomatoes to use, so I may do them pan-fried with those, and an Italian dressing glaze. Maybe some egg noodles on the side.

- my blog on small town homesteading.

#4266 of 4789 Old 08-05-2015, 06:10 AM

And crossed the bean tacos off the list last night.

Tonight - dinner at our friends' house

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (16)
and DD2 "I" (13)
DH "M"

#4267 of 4789 Old 08-05-2015, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

No idea... though I'm leaning toward something simple like tuna casserole since I've a migraine since 3 AM.

#4268 of 4789 Old 08-06-2015, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Monday - Spaghetti fra diavolo; it was OK. DH made it and he is a strict "by the recipe guy" so it definitely wasn't his fault.

Tuesday - Leftover spaghetti and roasted cauliflower.

Wednesday - Spicy curried tofu peas stuffed naan calzones. Delicious! Served with cucumber and red onion salad.

Tonight - Leftover calzones.

Tomorrow / Weekend - Play it by ear; I have ingredients to make one more meal, but we tend to go out when we're on the run (soccer tournament this weekend).

Mom to DD 
 (04.21.13)   DS
 (10 years old) and DSD
(12 years old) and 2
 and 1
#4269 of 4789 Old 08-06-2015, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Still working on the fridge rescue. We have way too much food. Leftover Chinese tonight, and possibly tomorrow as well.
#4270 of 4789 Old 08-06-2015, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

We went to the county fair tonight, so we had carnival food - I got a giant corn dog, husband had tacos and LM had cheese pizza. And we all split a giant lemonade.

And my coffee cake won 1st place! My pumpkin bread and blueberry pie both got 3rd place. I was pretty pleased with that.
Ragana and pumabearclan like this.

#4271 of 4789 Old 08-06-2015, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi, I'm craving for a Broccoli Cauliflower Salad for dinner I'm on a diet and I found this recipe that looks so good and palatable. I so love creamy salad also. This is definitely a must try!
#4272 of 4789 Old 08-07-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post
And my coffee cake won 1st place! My pumpkin bread and blueberry pie both got 3rd place. I was pretty pleased with that.
Congrats! Doesn't surprise me a bit, I love your recipes!

It's cool and stormy here today so tonight it's going to be Salisbury Steak with Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Corn, and a Green Salad.
#4273 of 4789 Old 08-07-2015, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchypants View Post
Congrats! Doesn't surprise me a bit, I love your recipes!

It's cool and stormy here today so tonight it's going to be Salisbury Steak with Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Corn, and a Green Salad.
Thanks! And salisbury steak sounds good... maybe that's what I'll do. I really have no idea what to make otherwise... :-)

#4274 of 4789 Old 08-07-2015, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Changed my mind, since we're running low on meat before the next grocery shop. So tonight I'm doing tuna casserole again since it's just me. Little Man has asked for oatmeal and fruit.

Need to plan out the next six dinners to maximize the meat -

Saturday - bacon and whiskey chili (though we may be out of bacon...)
Sunday - ham and scalloped potatoes
Monday - chicken perloo
Tuesday - crockpot barbecue ribs with jalapeno cornbread
Wednesday - turkey salisbury steak
Thursday - spaghetti with marinara and Italian sausage (after grocery shopping)

#4275 of 4789 Old 08-08-2015, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Well, we don't have any bacon or whiskey, so I'm putting a dash of rum in the chili instead. So we'll see if it still ends up with the tangy/sweet/smoky/spicy profile we like so much.

We got a lot of produce at the market today, so that will round out dinners pretty well this week. I think I'm going to have sweet corn with the barbecue ribs, and the scalloped potatoes. I also have some kale to use - so I may do a side of sauteed kale with garlic to go with the turkey salisbury steak later this week.

#4276 of 4789 Old 08-10-2015, 03:20 PM

The garden harvest is really starting to come in. Yesterday I made a gallon of salsa so I'm thinking Mexi-Lasagna will up for tonight
pumabearclan likes this.
#4277 of 4789 Old 08-10-2015, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
The BBQ pulled pork from the other night was off the chain. One of my better BBQ sauces, I must say! I slow cooked the pork for about 10 hours, then made pulled pork bowls since we're not doing a lot of grain. I layered it with greens on the bottom (spinach, chard, kale); then heaping spoonfuls of pulled pork; sprinkling of shredded cheese, topped with diced tomatoes and sweet onion. It was so insanely good! We've got plenty of leftovers so that will become lunches.
I really need to try your pulled pork bowl idea! I sometimes do this with baked potatoes, but I love the idea of putting all that on top of a bed of greens.

I have a zillion leftovers in the fridge, so tonight will be "encore night".

Mama to Munchkin 
and Chickadee
, co-parent to 3 additional children... plus one on the way.
#4278 of 4789 Old 08-11-2015, 03:33 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Husband is bravely eating creamed liver on a waffle for 5 nights in a row. The chopped liver needed to be used so I tried this. He said for liver it's OK, but I don't like it. I'm having a cold plate of hard boiled eggs, raw succotash, and fried rice, olive oil and basil.
witchypants likes this.
#4279 of 4789 Old 08-11-2015, 07:57 AM

Last night DH made pasta with summer squash, mushrooms, tomatoes, and basil plus canned salmon. We're doing the 21-Day Fix together (basically it's a program to teach you portion control), so the meals for the next three weeks will be lower in carbs (rice, pasta) than I usually make/like. The half-cup serving for rice is OK, but pasta?!? Oy. A half cup of pasta is nothing. Well, it's only 3 weeks, and I do need to lose some weight. Reversing the protein-carb ratio is at least keeping me full.

Tonight probably chicken stir-fry!

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (16)
and DD2 "I" (13)
DH "M"

#4280 of 4789 Old 08-11-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderdust View Post
I really need to try your pulled pork bowl idea! I sometimes do this with baked potatoes, but I love the idea of putting all that on top of a bed of greens.

I have a zillion leftovers in the fridge, so tonight will be "encore night".
It worked out really well and those greens were able to stand up to the heat of the pulled pork and ended up tasting slightly sautéed.

Tonight is going to be garlicky pumpkin pasta and either a tomato-cucumber salad or a green salad.
pumabearclan likes this.
#4281 of 4789 Old 08-12-2015, 06:24 PM

Dinner tonight was jaegerschnitzel with buttered noodles and sauteed yellow crookneck squash. I only realized how monochrome everything was after it all went on the table, but no one complained.

I have a strawberry tart in the fridge that someone surprised me with yesterday, I might have it in an hour or so.

Mama to Munchkin 
and Chickadee
#4282 of 4789 Old 08-13-2015, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

We ended up eating out at Portillos tonight since we were out running errands.

#4283 of 4789 Old 08-14-2015, 11:35 AM

I have NO idea what's happening for dinner tonight! Seriously in need of some inspiration...
#4284 of 4789 Old 08-14-2015, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I have NO idea what's happening for dinner tonight! Seriously in need of some inspiration...
Time for you to get on Pinterest!

We had linguine with marinara and Italian sausage for lunch, so probably leftovers of that for dinner. I am also quite without inspiration. :-)
witchypants likes this.

#4285 of 4789 Old 08-15-2015, 12:02 AM

Dinner for the last two nights has been the same -- spaghetti (or in my case, zucchini noodles) with red sauce and ground turkey (veggie meatballs for the teen) and grated Parmesan, plus green beans on the side.
witchypants likes this.

Mama to Munchkin 
and Chickadee
#4286 of 4789 Old 08-15-2015, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

I have no idea what to make tonight. Husband works a mid-shift, so we have to pick him up at 6:30 and then we might stop by a car show in the square on the way home. So maybe we'll pick up take out or something.

#4287 of 4789 Old 08-16-2015, 06:35 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Last night of liver & waffles for my husband.

Beef tips over corn succotash with butter & soft boiled egg for me
witchypants likes this.
#4288 of 4789 Old 08-16-2015, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

We're going to have brats and sweet corn on the grill - have to make the most of these last few days of summer!

#4289 of 4789 Old 08-17-2015, 01:45 PM

Pinterest is the best for cooking inspiration! Most of my boards on there are food ones.

Tonight we're having shrimp and broccoli from a Chinese cookbook (actual paper, not Pinterest!), probably with noodles. Sometime this week - vegetable and black bean enchiladas.

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (16)
and DD2 "I" (13)
DH "M"

#4290 of 4789 Old 08-17-2015, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Little Man and husband made a fruit salad for part of dinner, and for snacking, and LM actually tried three new to him fruits! That was the best part of today - all of us in the kitchen and LM enjoying it and trying something new. We're trying get our food habits back on track, so this was heartening.

And I also made coq au vin with couscous for the main part of dinner.
pumabearclan likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page