Dinner - What Are You Having? - Page 144 - Mothering Forums

426Likes

#4291 of 4319 Old 08-17-2015, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Pinterest is the best for cooking inspiration! Most of my boards on there are food ones.

Tonight we're having shrimp and broccoli from a Chinese cookbook (actual paper, not Pinterest!), probably with noodles. Sometime this week - vegetable and black bean enchiladas.
witchypants and pumabearclan like this.

Mom "D"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to DD1 "Z" (15)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and DD2 "I" (12)
DH "M"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4292 of 4319 Old 08-17-2015, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Little Man and husband made a fruit salad for part of dinner, and for snacking, and LM actually tried three new to him fruits! That was the best part of today - all of us in the kitchen and LM enjoying it and trying something new. We're trying get our food habits back on track, so this was heartening.

And I also made coq au vin with couscous for the main part of dinner.
pumabearclan likes this.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#4293 of 4319 Old 08-18-2015, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
[Anything] with corn & peppers - tonight white bean & beef chili with corn & peppers, herbs, chicken broth.

Have about 8 gallon bags now of froz corn w peppers. I hope to freeze another 4 bags this year.
witchypants likes this.
#4294 of 4319 Old 08-18-2015, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
You know, I'm not actually on pinterest I'm afraid I'll get addicted lol and I'm trying for less screen time right now. Definitely easier said then done and I think pinterest would just destroy my resolve lol.

It's been super hot and muggy here so we've been doing a lot of bbq. Tonight we're grilling some chicken thighs and some chicken pesto sausages that our local coop makes. We'll also grill some zucchini and sweet peppers from the garden. Plus we have a ton of cherry tomatoes coming on now so I may skewer those and add them to the grill as well. For dessert we'll have grilled peaches from our tree.
pumabearclan likes this.
#4295 of 4319 Old 08-18-2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchypants View Post
You know, I'm not actually on pinterest I'm afraid I'll get addicted lol and I'm trying for less screen time right now. Definitely easier said then done and I think pinterest would just destroy my resolve lol.
That is why I didn't join for a long time. Finally, I caved, and now I generally use it for organizing recipes, so I don't "abuse" it. Organizing recipes on there is great, because it's visual - when I am looking for inspiration, I'm looking at a page full of thumbnails of good-looking food, like a personal, full-color cookbook.
witchypants likes this.

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (15)
and DD2 "I" (12)
DH "M"

#4296 of 4319 Old 08-18-2015, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragana View Post
That is why I didn't join for a long time. Finally, I caved, and now I generally use it for organizing recipes, so I don't "abuse" it. Organizing recipes on there is great, because it's visual - when I am looking for inspiration, I'm looking at a page full of thumbnails of good-looking food, like a personal, full-color cookbook.
That's one of the reasons I like it so much - it's visual. Though I have 28 different boards, 5 of which are food related, so...

Tonight we ran errands, so we got hotdogs on the way home. I still need to figure out what to do for dinner tomorrow - first day of school.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#4297 of 4319 Old 08-19-2015, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

It's cool and blustery here tonight, so the perfect excuse to make pasta bolognese.
pumabearclan likes this.

#4298 of 4319 Old 08-20-2015, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

If husband doesn't have anything going by the time I get home, I'm going to make potato soup. I've been thinking about it for days...
pumabearclan likes this.

#4299 of 4319 Old 08-20-2015, 05:47 PM

Dinner tonight was red Thai curry with vegetables and tofu, rice, and some grilled chicken with satay seasonings. I also did a grocery shop today and came up with possibilities for the next couple of days:

* Spaghetti with tomato-eggplant sauce and meatballs
* Sweet chili shrimp with bok choy and rice noodles
* Chicken thighs, pitas with hummus, Greek salad
pumabearclan likes this.

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (15)
and DD2 "I" (12)
DH "M"

#4300 of 4319 Old 08-20-2015, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Husband actually grilled out tonight - spicy chicken with baked potatoes and green beans. It was just the right meal. So I'll just do the potato soup tomorrow night instead.
pumabearclan likes this.

#4301 of 4319 Old 08-22-2015, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Last night I just ended up eating leftover pasta bolognese. Tonight husband is making brats and baked potatoes with baked beans.
witchypants and pumabearclan like this.

#4302 of 4319 Old 08-23-2015, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Dinner tonight was red Thai curry with vegetables and tofu, rice, and some grilled chicken with satay seasonings.
* Spaghetti with tomato-eggplant sauce and meatballs
* Sweet chili shrimp with bok choy and rice noodles
* Chicken thighs, pitas with hummus, Greek salad
I think we'll clean out the leftovers tonight and have the shrimp tomorrow night. Then I need to meal plan, keeping in mind that DH will be doing rice bowls one night, DD1 will do pasta, and DD2 will make tacos. Woot! Love cooking, but it's nice to have a break, too.
witchypants likes this.

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (15)
and DD2 "I" (12)
DH "M"

#4303 of 4319 Old 08-23-2015, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

I've got some kale that I need to use up, so I think I'm going to bean and bacon soup with kale. And some French bread on the side (though I'm going to cheat and buy the bread).

Need to figure out what to do for Monday and Tuesday dinners to start the week as well - probably something in the crockpot.
Ragana and witchypants like this.

#4304 of 4319 Old 08-23-2015, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

Need to figure out what to do for Monday and Tuesday dinners to start the week as well - probably something in the crockpot.
Just about crockpot time here again, too!

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (15)
and DD2 "I" (12)
DH "M"

#4305 of 4319 Old 08-23-2015, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

I changed my mind for dinner tonight - made leek, potato and ham soup. Still with a side of store-bought French bread.

And we'll be firing up the crock pot tomorrow for barbecue chicken. We'll have jalapeno corn bread on the side.

#4306 of 4319 Old 08-24-2015, 09:03 AM

sausage with fresh potatoes and succotash, duck fat, herbs, wine
witchypants likes this.
#4307 of 4319 Old 08-24-2015, 01:11 PM

I've been pretty sick for the last few days but last night I managed to do Honey Mustard Chicken, grilled zucchini, and mac & cheese - not something we usually have but I'm sick so it happened. We also had grilled peaches for dessert.
I'm still feeling pretty wiped out so tonight is going to be Uber easy pasta and a salad.
#4308 of 4319 Old 08-24-2015, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

We're having crockpot barbecue chicken with jalapeno corn bread tonight.
witchypants likes this.

#4309 of 4319 Old 08-24-2015, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
I made potato corn chowder with roasted turkey and cheese sandwiches and garden cucumbers.
witchypants likes this.
#4310 of 4319 Old 08-24-2015, 07:04 PM

Sweet chili shrimp, noodles and bok choy plus lime cabbage salad was tonight's dinner.

Tomorrow - Taco salad by DD2
Weds. - Pulled pork sandwiches with pulled pork from the freezer plus side veg
Thur. - Pasta night by DD1
Friday - Tofu-rice bowls by DH

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (15)
and DD2 "I" (12)
DH "M"

#4311 of 4319 Old 08-24-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Sweet chili shrimp, noodles and bok choy plus lime cabbage salad was tonight's dinner.

Tomorrow - Taco salad by DD2
Weds. - Pulled pork sandwiches with pulled pork from the freezer plus side veg
Thur. - Pasta night by DD1
Friday - Tofu-rice bowls by DH
Very similar week here! Also had leftover pulled pork sandwiches, having taco salad on Wednesday, thinking pasta later in the week.
Ragana likes this.
#4312 of 4319 Old 08-25-2015, 12:58 PM

My fever finally broke so I'm feeling a bit better toay. Still low on energy though. So I'm going with mindless and easy Crock pot Chicken Curry with Garlicky Quinoa and Brown Rice. We've got a bunch of cherry tomatoes from the garden so I might quaternary those and add them to the quinoa rice.
Ragana and pumabearclan like this.
#4313 of 4319 Old 08-25-2015, 05:36 PM

Ended up with pulled pork fried rice with cherry tomatoes and leftover green beans on the side. DD1 ate plain rice with soy sauce, scrambled eggs and peas from the fried rice, and carrots with hummus in addition to the other veggies.
pumabearclan likes this.
#4314 of 4319 Old 08-25-2015, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Cincinnati chili here tonight - cool weather food.

#4315 of 4319 Old 08-26-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchypants View Post
My fever finally broke so I'm feeling a bit better toay.
Very glad and best wishes for your recovery!

Sausage with skillet potatoes & herbs, poultry fat. Red wine.
witchypants likes this.
#4316 of 4319 Old 08-26-2015, 06:26 PM

Leftover potato soup with an impromptu spinach tart type thing that didn't come out so hot. Carrots and hummus and watermelon (or, in the baby's case, watermelon and hummus) also. Oh and a peanut butter and jelly for DD1 in place of the gross spinach thing.
#4317 of 4319 Old 08-27-2015, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

I'm thinking chicken noodle soup tonight - it's still cool here. Probably with some French bread alongside.

#4318 of 4319 Old 08-27-2015, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pasta night.
#4319 of 4319 Old 08-28-2015, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Leftover chicken noodle soup here.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page