Dinner - What Are You Having? - Page 145 - Mothering Forums

426Likes

#4321 of 4325 Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Dinner tonight was red Thai curry with vegetables and tofu, rice, and some grilled chicken with satay seasonings.
@Ragana do your kids eat the Thai curry you mentioned? And if so what are their ages? It sounds delicious!

PS I am making chicken tacos tonight. I recently discovered this recipe to cook the chicken ahead of time in the crockpot. It is amazing--the chicken falls apart with a fork. I will never make taco meat on the stove again! (if you're not into clean eating you don't have to worry about all the healthy stuff the recipe calls for- I use a jar of salsa and a store brand taco seasoning )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4322 of 4325 Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilaMar View Post
@Ragana do your kids eat the Thai curry you mentioned? And if so what are their ages? It sounds delicious!

PS I am making chicken tacos tonight. I recently discovered this recipe to cook the chicken ahead of time in the crockpot. It is amazing--the chicken falls apart with a fork. I will never make taco meat on the stove again! (if you're not into clean eating you don't have to worry about all the healthy stuff the recipe calls for- I use a jar of salsa and a store brand taco seasoning )
DD1 (15) eats it, but DD2 (12) does not. Then again, she doesn't eat any type of curry. I use this curry paste:
Amazon Amazon
After the work of the paste is done for you, it's actually super easy - Saute some protein and vegetables (whatever is in the fridge, but I like to add baby corn), thin the curry with some hot water and throw in the pan with a can of light or regular coconut milk and simmer. Yum! I also add a dash of fish sauce and some lime and cilantro, but that's optional. The same brand of green curry is also good.

That taco chicken looks great! Must try. I love using my crockpot.

Mom "D"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to DD1 "Z" (15)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and DD2 "I" (12)
DH "M"

#4323 of 4325 Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
I think we're doing something with pork chops. Hopefully they won't be overcooked... love my husband but the man murders pork chops.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#4324 of 4325 Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Embarrassingly enough, we had chicken patty sandwiches on squishy white hamburger buns with processed American cheese, sprouts, garden cukes, buttered broccoli, and a few random strawberries from the garden. The girls both had scrambled eggs instead of the patty sandwiches.
#4325 of 4325 Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
The pork chops were edible, as I "rescued" them from the oven just in time. With mashed potatoes and green beans. But husband still gets the A for effort, for having dinner on the table for us when I walked in the door for work. :-)

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page