Dinner - What Are You Having? - Page 155 - Mothering Forums

499Likes

#4621 of 4699 Old 01-31-2016, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Thai red curry made with chicken, cauli, potato and bell peppers served over brown rice.
Ragana likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4622 of 4699 Old 01-31-2016, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Lamb chops, sweet potatos
#4623 of 4699 Old 02-01-2016, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Recap

Wednesday- chicken tortilla soup
Thursday- subs, chips and pickles
Friday- 1 pan chicken dinner
Saturday- pizza
Hamburgers last night
Tonight- Chicken Caesar salad tonight
I got some bone broth cooking for chicken soup tomorrow. Yummy
#4624 of 4699 Old 02-01-2016, 07:56 PM

Chicken tenderloins, stir fry veggies, couscous
#4625 of 4699 Old 02-02-2016, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Last night - Black bean burritos/tacos
Tonight - Thai curry soup
Wednesday - Breakfast for dinner
Thursday - Baked mac & cheese

Mom "D"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to DD1 "Z" (16)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and DD2 "I" (12)
DH "M"

#4626 of 4699 Old 02-02-2016, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Going to make some perloo here - I have a lonely two chicken thighs in the freezer, so that's the best way to stretch it for a full meal plus leftovers.
Ragana likes this.

- my blog on small town homesteading.

#4627 of 4699 Old 02-03-2016, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Dh took out a small piece of smoked salmon and a big chunk of salmon. Maybe smoked salmon and kale with pasta tonight and Asian noodle soup with salmon chunks tomorrow?
Ragana likes this.
#4628 of 4699 Old 02-03-2016, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

I think tonight is perloo leftovers, with a green salad on the side.

#4629 of 4699 Old 02-03-2016, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Rallied beyond take-out. We made cabbage and pork lo mein.
Ragana likes this.
#4630 of 4699 Old 02-04-2016, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Tuesday we had an awesome chicken soup with kale.
Yesterday was a total fail. Kids had a church activity so they got grilled cheese, apple sauce and Annie's.
Then I got Taco Bell and then my Hubby brought home a pizza.
Tonight I have no idea what to make bc the ingredients from the meal I had planned went into something I had to make for a potluck today.
Ragana likes this.
#4631 of 4699 Old 02-04-2016, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmamalizzy View Post
Rallied beyond take-out. We made cabbage and pork lo mein.
Your mention of pork lo mein made me remember this recipe I used to make. At this point, I would be the only one in the house to eat it, but it would make a really good lunch for me next week...

Simple minced pork noodles
http://chubbyhubby.net/recipes/simpl...rk-noodles_30/

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (16)
and DD2 "I" (12)
DH "M"

#4632 of 4699 Old 02-04-2016, 03:13 PM

Using up ingredients in my freezer and pantry to make a chicken quinoa stew in the crockpot... frozen homemade chicken stock seasoned with herbs, pureed sweet potato pulp from when I was juicing, frozen cauli and bell peppers, frozen baked garlic lemon chicken thighs... Should be hearty and delicious!

Also have red onion, sweet potato and potato roasting in pesto in the oven...

And cooking a big pot of brown rice rotini for a chicken pasta later this week... will have diced baked chicken breast, marinated sundried tomato and artichoke hearts, feta, red onion, bell peppers and tossed in fresh pesto...
#4633 of 4699 Old 02-05-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragana View Post
Last night - Black bean burritos/tacos
Tonight - Thai curry soup
Wednesday - Breakfast for dinner
Thursday - Baked mac & cheese

Wow, I actually stuck to my meal plan!

Now for the next couple of days:

Tonight - Ciabatta pizza
Saturday - Pasta with tomato sauce & meatballs
Sunday - Roasted potatoes
happyhermit likes this.

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (16)
and DD2 "I" (12)
DH "M"

#4634 of 4699 Old 02-06-2016, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

No idea what I'm going to do for tonight, but tomorrow I'm going to make a crock pot rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes and some kind of veg. Maybe some kind of seafood tonight - maybe a piece of cod or something with shrimp.

#4635 of 4699 Old 02-06-2016, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Decided on a honey-tamari glazed cod with steamed broccoli tonight. Little Man got fish sticks, steamed broccoli and strawberry applesauce, with a cup of vanilla almond milk.
Ragana likes this.

#4636 of 4699 Old 02-06-2016, 06:12 PM

It's leftovers and take out night... I had leftover chicken pasta salad. The boys had burger and fries from a local restaurant that knows about my son's anaphylactic allergies.
Ragana likes this.
#4637 of 4699 Old 02-07-2016, 08:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I haven't posted in here in forever, and last night's dinner was weird and not a whole lot to write about, but...

The neighbors had a birthday party for their 1 year old which we were invited to attend, so technically dinner was eaten there. They had a ton of people and a ton of food -- barbecued ham with pineapple, slaw, pulled pork sandwiches, red beans & rice, and a few other things, plus birthday cake with fresh strawberries.

Not all of us went over to the party, so we pulled some frozen pizza out of the freezer and baked that for the homebodies.
Ragana likes this.

Mama to Munchkin 
and Chickadee
, co-parent to 3 additional children... plus one on the way.
#4638 of 4699 Old 02-07-2016, 09:15 AM

Those pork noodles look great and really simple. I'll have to try it soon.

Weird week for us with DH away. Whatever I make the first day dictates the rest of the week because we end up with tons of leftover ingredients. Tonight we're using up some leftover potato soup with cheesy spinach and Italian bread on the side.
#4639 of 4699 Old 02-07-2016, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Tonight is football food since our team is playing! (Go panthers) pizza,hot wings,jalapeño poppers,cocktail weenies,chips and dip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E wife to G,  and mama to R hearts.gif, A autismribbon.gif, and E femalesling.GIF 
#4640 of 4699 Old 02-08-2016, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Wow, I actually stuck to my meal plan!

Now for the next couple of days:

Tonight - Ciabatta pizza
Saturday - Pasta with tomato sauce & meatballs
Sunday - Roasted potatoes
Switched it up and made crockpot chickpea/potato curry Saturday, because we were out visiting a relative during the day. Sunday decided to celebrate the Japanese holiday of Setsubun (my daughter is taking Japanese in school) where you eat a sushi roll facing in a certain direction and throw soybeans to drive the demons out of your house - we'll take all the help we can get Actually, we didn't throw any, but we did eat edamame and some grocery store sushi, plus rice bowls with teriyaki tofu, avocado and some other toppings.

Plan for this week (days may change):
Mon - Online recipe for vegetarian pho with mushrooms and rice noodles
Tue - Pasta, tomato sauce, meatballs
Wed - Taco salad with black beans
Thu - Baked mac & cheese (my most requested meal currently!)
Fri - Something with chickpeas

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (16)
and DD2 "I" (12)
DH "M"

#4641 of 4699 Old 02-08-2016, 01:34 PM

More leftovers for us... I'm having the last serving of the chicken pesto pasta, and the hubs is working through a huge pot of chicken quinoa stew over brown rice that I made. The kiddo is having reheated burger patties (pre-bbq'd by the hubs) on a whole wheat bun.
#4642 of 4699 Old 02-08-2016, 05:44 PM

We had pesto spaghetti squash, creamy spinach, Parmesan couscous, and simple chicken breasts.
#4643 of 4699 Old 02-08-2016, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Husband made Cincinnati chili, though unfortunately he put so much cayenne in it I could barely choke it down... so.

#4644 of 4699 Old 02-08-2016, 08:28 PM

Sunday night we did the pasta, lobster and cream sauce thing. Asparagus on the side.

Tonight, a big batch of wonton soup.

We are out the next two nights but then I've got meatloaf and mashed potatoes on the menu for Thursday and beef kabobs with stir fry veggies on Friday.
Ragana likes this.
#4645 of 4699 Old 02-09-2016, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Plan for this week (days may change):
Mon - Online recipe for vegetarian pho with mushrooms and rice noodles
Tue - Pasta, tomato sauce, meatballs
Wed - Taco salad with black beans
Thu - Baked mac & cheese (my most requested meal currently!)
Fri - Something with chickpeas
The vegetarian pho-like soup was good - I used the OhMyVeggies blog recipe but added tofu and some broccoli & used a lot more hoisin.

Making the taco salad tonight instead of tomorrow. Also I have tons of rice noodles left over from the soup, so I may make some kind of stir-fried noodle dish tomorrow and save the other pasta for later.

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (16)
and DD2 "I" (12)
DH "M"

#4646 of 4699 Old 02-09-2016, 07:13 AM

Cooking too much. Grr. Whenever I push for a more balanced diet I end up cooking and cleaning constantly. Anyone have tips for avoiding that? I may just be slow

Anyway, for lunch today we'll use up leftover chick pea sweet potato curry with wild rice blend, with cheese, crackers, and apple slices on the side.

That leaves leftover pasta sauce to use for supper with spaghetti, leftover chicken breast, leftover olives, and the last of the cheesy spinach. And yogurt with blueberries for dessert.
Ragana likes this.
#4647 of 4699 Old 02-09-2016, 07:14 AM

Oh, also planning to make some chick pea tots to use up the gazillions of leftover chick peas. See? Cooking too much.
#4648 of 4699 Old 02-09-2016, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I took a black bean and corn dip to a Super Bowl party on Sunday, but there was so much food I have a ton left over. So we will have a few days of repurposing!

Last night was homemade queso (I wasn't a fan...it ended up more like a cheese sauce for pasta) over tortilla chips topped with the black bean mixture. Guacamole on the side.

Tonight I think I will make some rice and do like a burrito bowl - rice and black bean mixture with guacamole on top.

We'll see if I can get one more meal out of the dip. If so, probably a quesadilla since I have 3 random wraps in the fridge as well.

Oh, and I told DS I would make a king cake for Mardi Gras so we will have that for dessert (or breakfast ) the rest of the week.

Mom to DD 
 (04.21.13)   DS
 (10 years old) and DSD
(12 years old) and 2
 and 1
#4649 of 4699 Old 02-09-2016, 03:50 PM

Going shopping tomorrow night and I'm making homemade pizzas (gluten free frozen crusts for me and the hubs, pita for the kiddo, and lots of topping options) and shepherd's pie (the way my mom made it, browned ground beef and onions on the bottom, creamed corn in the middle, mashed potatoes on top) for dinners over the week...
#4650 of 4699 Old 02-09-2016, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

We're having honey mustard chicken, creamed corn and steamed broccoli.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page