Dinner - What Are You Having? - Page 159 - Mothering Forums

553Likes

#4741 of 4789 Old 06-07-2016, 07:03 AM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
So far this week:

Sunday: shrimp and mixed roasted veggies over angel hair
Monday: leftover shrimp/rotisserie turkey over Caesar salad with pan roasted potatoes and watermelon

The plan:
Today: sausage and kale with the leftover angel hair, frozen cauliflower
Wednesday: baked mac and cheese with broccoli and leftover sausage
Thursday: dinner on the run at dance dress rehearsal
Friday: leftovers, most likely
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4742 of 4789 Old 06-07-2016, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
DS is at camp this week and DSD is with us so a different dynamic than usual!

Monday: cauliflower, potato, sweet potato and peas with curry seasonings and a bit of coconut milk; served with garlic naan.
Tuesday: BLT pizza - chopped bacon, beefsteak tomatoes, and mozzarella; topped with baby greens.
Wednesday: probably grilled portabellos and pineapple with teriyaki sauce served on WW buns with red onion and mashed avocado...very much looking forward to trying this one!

I also have the ingredients for grilled honey sriracha chicken tenders (tofu for me), coconut rice, and grilled zucchini. Not sure if we will get to that before Sunday, depending on leftovers.

I forgot my in-laws are coming this weekend. I have kind of given up trying to cook for them. We usually go out on Fridays/Saturdays anyway with kids' activities, etc...then they can order what they want and I don't have to stress over pleasing everyone.

Mom to DD 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 (04.21.13)   DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 (10 years old) and DSD
(12 years old) and 2
 and 1
#4743 of 4789 Old 06-07-2016, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate&Joey View Post
I also have the ingredients for grilled honey sriracha chicken tenders (tofu for me)
Those sound awesome - how do you make them? I would also have 1/2 eating chicken and 1/2 eating tofu.

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (16)
and DD2 "I" (13)
DH "M"

#4744 of 4789 Old 06-07-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragana View Post
Those sound awesome - how do you make them? I would also have 1/2 eating chicken and 1/2 eating tofu.
Here's the recipe I'm going to try. I got about a pound of chicken and a packet of tofu. I figure on draining/pressing the tofu and then cutting it into cubes and baking it. Then use the leftover marinade not used for the chicken as extra dipping sauce...or maybe tossing that onto the tofu cubes in the last 5 minutes of baking? I will think of something, I'm sure!

http://iowagirleats.com/2016/06/03/h...icken-fingers/
Ragana likes this.

Mom to DD 
 (04.21.13)   DS
 (10 years old) and DSD
(12 years old) and 2
 and 1
#4745 of 4789 Old 06-10-2016, 05:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
We'll be having enchiladas tonight - but we're having an extra cheeky dessert!

Sampling some very special father's day biscuits from http://www.biscuiteers.com/shop/fath...s-day-biscuits if all goes to plan we'll pick up a couple of boxes of personalised ones! Can't leave my father without at least one foodie gift this year hehe!
#4746 of 4789 Old 06-10-2016, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathalieM View Post
We'll be having enchiladas tonight - but we're having an extra cheeky dessert!

Sampling some very special father's day biscuits from http://www.biscuiteers.com/shop/fath...s-day-biscuits if all goes to plan we'll pick up a couple of boxes of personalised ones! Can't leave my father without at least one foodie gift this year hehe!
Wow, those are really cool! Speaking of foodie gifts, we got DD2 a "snack box" subscription for her b-day this year - every month she will get a box of snacks from a different country. The first one was Japan, and it was pretty cool!

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (16)
and DD2 "I" (13)
DH "M"

#4747 of 4789 Old 06-11-2016, 05:38 AM

Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Hey ladies! I haven't posted in a long time.
I've been trying to loose weight. So far 14 lbs yay! So I've been eating very clean and meal prepping.
I pretty much make the same things each week.
This week I made a. Inch of grilled chicken, we ate it on salads and stuff.
I also made stuffed peppers but not the traditional way. They are just ground turkey, salsa and brown rice with a little cheese on top.
I also made spaghetti with ground turkey but I had mine over brown rice instead of pasta.
I think today I'll be grilling turkey burgers along with regular burgers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ragana and Nazsmum like this.

DH 31; Me 30; DD 6; DS 1; Baby boy due Dec 17th

#4748 of 4789 Old 06-13-2016, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
probably salad from the grocery store tonight
#4749 of 4789 Old 06-13-2016, 06:59 PM

Just the kiddos and I, so I made chicken/cheese quesadillas with cucumber salsa and corn.
#4750 of 4789 Old 06-13-2016, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
For dinner tonight, I picked up some Jason's deli. Usually, I will push for a home cooked meal but my planning was faulty and I was tired when I got off from work - so I just decided to pick up some ham and cheese sandwiches, broccoli cheese soup, and some ice cream.

I was satisfied and and little cousins did not complain. They like to eat healthy and mom so does my mom, who agreed that the dinner choice was reasonable. I think that's a win in my book!
#4751 of 4789 Old 06-14-2016, 05:40 AM

Made a spaghetti dinner last night because there was a sleepover here. Otherwise I'm letting people fend for themselves tonight, since I'll be out.
pumabearclan likes this.

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (16)
and DD2 "I" (13)
DH "M"

#4752 of 4789 Old 06-15-2016, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Spaghetti Squash
Nazsmum and pumabearclan like this.

"Warning:

Do not throw me to the wolves; they are at my beck and call."

#4753 of 4789 Old 06-15-2016, 03:38 PM

Yesterday I made garlic noodles topped with stir-fried cabbage and chicken.

Tonight I tried a New recipe for pasta with spinach and ricotta. I love all the components, but the combination was really awful.
pumabearclan likes this.
#4754 of 4789 Old 06-15-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmamalizzy View Post
I love all the components, but the combination was really awful.

LOL, we're living in a hotel while my husband is doing a training program so last night I tried a "reuben chimichanga" at a restaurant that we never would have chosen and yes, I'm utterly to blame, I just smiled my way through and regretted it all night, how dumb am I being a Pennsylvanian

Tonight it's hot meatballs from a great Italian deli we found down the street and my husband will probably get a pepper sausage sub
applejuice and Ragana like this.

Last edited by pumabearclan; 06-15-2016 at 03:59 PM.
#4755 of 4789 Old 06-16-2016, 01:41 PM

Tonight it's black beans & rice with toppings - salsa, guac, etc.

Tomorrow I'm making red lentil/sweet potato/coconut curry.

This weekend I'm hoping for an outing to a Cajun restaurant!
pumabearclan likes this.

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (16)
and DD2 "I" (13)
DH "M"

#4756 of 4789 Old 06-16-2016, 03:58 PM

Pizza out after a very hectic day.
pumabearclan likes this.
#4757 of 4789 Old 06-20-2016, 10:23 AM

I'm getting really tired of restaurant food. It's so expensive and so complicated. I'm not even digesting it well - call it Davey Crockett's revenge I miss my meat & veg on a stick.

Tonight we're going to someone's house for dinner so I have no idea what I'm having - except a glass of wine!
#4758 of 4789 Old 06-20-2016, 11:03 AM

Yeah, eating out gets old surprisingly quickly.

We're having leftover steak on a salad for dinner.
pumabearclan likes this.
#4759 of 4789 Old 06-21-2016, 08:06 AM

Last night was sweet potato, red lentil and coconut curry. Not as good as I had imagined.
Tonight DH's idea for sandwiches - BBQ tofu, fried egg & arugula. It's sort of a vegetarian version of a sandwich with meat (mortadella/bologna) we had at a restaurant.

Feeling meh about cooking again. I think I may do some no-cook dinners like antipasto/bread/cheese. Maybe a frozen pizza is in order. What do you do when you're in a cooking rut?

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (16)
and DD2 "I" (13)
DH "M"

#4760 of 4789 Old 06-24-2016, 09:47 AM

Feeling meh about cooking here, too, mostly because no one wants to eat what I cook except for the baby. I'm trying to just schedule out an easy to fill in week plan for the summer. We grill meat and vegetables and potatoes/corn on Sunday's, use the leftover meat in salad on Monday, use the leftover veggies in something (pasta, quesadilla, etc) on Tuesday, and something with leftover potatoes or rice on Wednesday. Thursday's I'm thinking legumes, Friday is usually homemade pizza or take-out, Saturday.....dunno. It feels blah, but at least it doesn't take much thought.

Tonight will be pizza and salad.
Ragana likes this.
#4761 of 4789 Old 06-27-2016, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Grilled Veggie Kabobs, w/ Hummus and veggies.
Grilled chicken breast.

Easy Peasy.
applejuice likes this.

A Tool for wedding planners, school teachers, event planners, or just if you want to be a better party host.

Friendly Reminders

#4762 of 4789 Old 06-27-2016, 10:55 AM

Baked mac and cheese, broccoli, chicken sausage, spinach salad.
applejuice likes this.
#4763 of 4789 Old 06-28-2016, 07:12 AM

Sun. - panini with sauteed mushrooms and onions, tomato on the side
Mon. - jalapeno and green onion Korean pancakes with rice & kimchi
Tue. - Chicago hot dogs at a b-day party
applejuice likes this.

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (16)
and DD2 "I" (13)
DH "M"

#4764 of 4789 Old 06-28-2016, 09:11 AM

We were at the beach last week. So we got stuff for breakfast, lunch, and snacks; for dinners, we went out. Worked out pretty well. For breakfast, mini bagels, eggs, sausage, fruit, cereal. For lunch - grilled ham & cheese, bean quesadillas, leftovers. Snacks were popcorn, pita chips/hummus, tortilla chips/salsa/guac. Yummy frozen rum drinks with local peaches for me and DH...you must have adult treats to deal with a toddler at the beach.

Some of our cherry tomatoes ripened while we were away...finally! So last night was marinated tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil from the garden over pasta.

Tonight will probably be DS' leftover from Sunday night and I will do a bean quesadilla (DH will be traveling). DS has a friend sleeping over tomorrow who is EXTREMELY picky so I envision pizza out. Thursday will probably be grilled salmon over baby greens with roasted potatoes to serve as croutons.
Ragana likes this.

Mom to DD 
 (04.21.13)   DS
 (10 years old) and DSD
(12 years old) and 2
 and 1
#4765 of 4789 Old 06-28-2016, 03:25 PM

Spinach salad tonight with chopped tomatoes, feta, rotisserie chicken, and baked potato on the side.
applejuice likes this.
#4766 of 4789 Old 06-28-2016, 08:43 PM

cucumber salad and falafel

"Warning:

#4767 of 4789 Old 06-30-2016, 06:44 AM

Weds - Thai yellow curry tofu with leftover veg stirfry (onion, carrot, green pepper) & leftover rice - a clean out the fridge meal
Thur - Sausages, corn on the cob, pesto pasta
Fri - I am going to vote for pizza, probably a frozen one! - or I haven't made pizza bread in a while
applejuice likes this.

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (16)
and DD2 "I" (13)
DH "M"

#4768 of 4789 Old 06-30-2016, 11:21 AM

I bought too many groceries!! Emergency!

I have boneless pork ribs in the slow cooker, but I think I'll serve those tomorrow, with leftover baked potato hash and corn on the cob.

Tonight I need to use up the rotisserie chicken, so I'm going to whip a soup together, with celery and cream cheese on the side.

That leaves an eggplant and a head of cauliflower to deal with ASAP, but I'm not sure what I'll do with those.
applejuice and Ragana like this.
#4769 of 4789 Old 06-30-2016, 08:07 PM

veggies and tahini butter

"Warning:

#4770 of 4789 Old 07-01-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmamalizzy View Post

That leaves an eggplant and a head of cauliflower to deal with ASAP, but I'm not sure what I'll do with those.
You could blanch the cauliflower and freeze it to use later. Same with the eggplant if you make curry or something out of it.

Mom "D"
to DD1 "Z" (16)
and DD2 "I" (13)
DH "M"

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page