Dinner - What Are You Having? - Page 27 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 84Likes

#781 of 3293 Old 02-08-2012, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)

Hot wings in the crockpot and chips here tonight, with brownies for dessert. Yeah, junk food fest at our house tonight. :-)

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#782 of 3293 Old 02-08-2012, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Salad and leftover pizza.

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

#783 of 3293 Old 02-09-2012, 10:12 AM

For superbowl (um, I cannot get out of this in my house, lol), I made about 70 cream cheese stuffed jalapeno peppers wrapped in bacon, pizza stuffed mushrooms, clam stuffed mushrooms (about 30 of each), devils on horseback (SO GOOD), taco platter (layered thing w/cream cheese and sour cream seasoned w/tex mex flavors on bottom, refried beans, guacamole, salsa, lettuce, cheese, olives), and 2 kinds of chicken wings.  All was grain free and not one person missed them.  We ate leftovers the next night for supper.

The night before superbowl we had collard greens w/smoked pork, baked apples and butternut squash, smoked chicken legs, and oranges.

Last night we had chicken and veggie soup.

Tonight...not sure yet, but maybe breakfast for supper.  I have some pork sausage and lots of eggs.  Maybe I'll have one of the kids make some pancakes, too.  Or I'll do biscuits and sausage gravy.. 

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#784 of 3293 Old 02-09-2012, 10:20 AM

Last night was spaghetti, garlic bread, and green beans

The beans and sauce were home-canned from our garden. I chopped up the leftover zucchini and onions and smashed the leftover sweet potatoes from the night before and added them to the sauce. It was tasty!

Right now I have chicken broth going in the crock pot. I found a carcass in the freezer and had a bag of veggie trimmings. Tonight I will be Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole with broccoli on the side.

Tomorrow will be spaghetti pie and some sort of veggie.

Mom to Sam (3/2007), Bekah (4/2009)hbac.gif, Jedidiah (4/2012)hbac.gif, and expecting #4 in March!
#785 of 3293 Old 02-09-2012, 11:32 AM

shrimp tacos with corn tortillas

homemade refried black beans

chopped lettuce, tomato and avocado

carrots and pears for kids

#786 of 3293 Old 02-09-2012, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Tonight we're having buttered spaghetti. That is literally all, because we both have some sort of stomach nastiness. And honestly, I don't know if I can even eat that... actually, why am I on this thread tonight? Even when sick and can't tolerate food, I still think about food. :-)

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#787 of 3293 Old 02-10-2012, 09:24 AM

Homemade pizza: just sausage on kids' side, sausage, peppers and mushrooms on dh's side (chopped sauteed spinach in the sauce)

Cobb salad for dh and I: mixed greens, baby spinach, chicken breast, bacon, eggs, tomato, avocado, blue cheese, warm vinaigrette

Carrots, celery and pears for kids

#788 of 3293 Old 02-10-2012, 09:34 AM

Trying something completely new!  A spinach and potato dish from a new Spice cookbook I found.  Sauteed onions, steamed potato, steamed spinach, chilies and garlic, shaped into a patty and topped with breadcrumb.  Then you saute and serve with yogurt/cucumber sauce.  Salad on the side.

#789 of 3293 Old 02-10-2012, 09:47 AM

We had crap from our country store last night.  I had chili cheese fries (grain free, lol), and a salad.  2 kids had chili cheese dogs, my oldest dd ate what I did, my son had a chicken strip dinner (and half of my chili cheese fries, the little pig), and my dh had some of my salad, fries, and chicken strips.  2 kids had onion rings.

tonight we're going to try the new Thai place, I think.  Then we're done eating out for awhile.

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#790 of 3293 Old 02-10-2012, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Chili fries and chicken tenders sound soooo good! Even though I still feel junky. Tonight I'm making smoked chicken in the stovetop cooker and buttered noodles. Not sure on the smoke yet - probably hickory. So benign for sensitive stomachs, but still a little flavor. 

#791 of 3293 Old 02-10-2012, 10:48 AM

Tonight we are going out for Ruby's with MIL, it's one of her favorite places.

joy.giflurk.gif

#792 of 3293 Old 02-10-2012, 10:21 PM

Wednesday:  Salmon, roasted German Butterball potatoes, and a salad (my birthday dinner- YUM!).

Thursday:  More chili and cornbread with friends, this time with roasted sweet potatoes and a salad.

Tonight:  We had burgers, tater tots, and a salad again (oh and some left over sweet potatoes, too).

Tomorrow is farmer's market day.... so, we'll see what looks good!

#793 of 3293 Old 02-11-2012, 12:32 PM

We had the best chicken curry for lunch, and I just "winged it" so I hope I can make it again sometime.  It had apples in it and it came out so deliciously sweet.

For dinner we are having breakfast:  french toast casserole, fried apples (we have a lot of apples we need to use up), and bacon.

flowersforyou.gif

#794 of 3293 Old 02-11-2012, 02:56 PM

It's junk food night here, so fish and chips for everyone.

battered halibut

garlic fries

coleslaw

tator tots, pears, carrots and celery for kids

#795 of 3293 Old 02-11-2012, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Fish and chips sounds so good! Tonight I'm making Spanish rice and cornbread. I've been needing a meatless meal lately, so it'll be nice and simple. 

#796 of 3293 Old 02-11-2012, 11:30 PM

I'm at work. DH is making roast chicken, & cooking cauliflower & we'll have some salad and bread.

#797 of 3293 Old 02-11-2012, 11:38 PM

We ate at this lovely little restaurant down the street from us called Carnitas Snack Shack. They serve all local food and it's so good! 

joy.giflurk.gif

#798 of 3293 Old 02-12-2012, 08:59 AM

Tonight Whole wheat spaghetti & meatballs with salad

Mon: Cobb salad & homemade bread

Tue: Venison steak with red wine reduction, homemade gnocci in parsnip cream, and sauteed spinach with garlic...I love making gourmet food at home for cheap!

Wed: Taco-ish soup following this recipe except I use quinoa instead of cous cous & I have pinto beans that I cooked in the freezer to use up instead of kidney beans & homemade stock. Quesadillas & salsa & sour cream to go with it.

Thurs: Pork chops red cabbage & potatoes *if anyone has a good recipe I could use some ideas* I'm thinking of using balsamic in lightly sauteed cabbage with onions & garlic...

Fri: Chicken Cordon Bleu, asparagus and salad 

Sat: We won't be home for dinner

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
#799 of 3293 Old 02-12-2012, 09:01 AM

We had curry last night- it was incredible- third time in the last week and a half we made it- this time we added broccoli- very very good.

I went to grocery store friday finally!!! I got salmon, tilapia, hamburger, a bag of shrimp, tortellini and stuffed shells and stuff to make french onion soup.

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#800 of 3293 Old 02-12-2012, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Cincinnati chili here tonight, except I though I had kidney beans but I do not... so I guess we'll just have it without. 

#801 of 3293 Old 02-12-2012, 11:13 AM

sauteed kielbasa, red peppers, mushrooms and onions

mashed potatoes

asparagus

broccoli and apples for kids

#802 of 3293 Old 02-12-2012, 12:30 PM

Chicken tetrazzini with peas and mushrooms.

MIL gave us 3 rotisserie chickens, we used the first on chicken curry, and we will use the last one on chicken enchiladas.

flowersforyou.gif

#803 of 3293 Old 02-12-2012, 03:43 PM

I loaned a friend some money and she just paid me back so I splurged and ordered a pizza... I can barely open my eyes right now I am so tired- not sure what is wrong with me....

For one- I take the 3 month pill and if I even take it a few hours late I get my period... I cant tell you how many times I have had my period the last month and a half- but its alot- I am going to look into differrent birth control- this is awful.  I think it is really making me very tired and grouchy.

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#804 of 3293 Old 02-12-2012, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

We are having a rather "processed" meal: Russian chicken (baked with onion soup mix, apricot jelly & 1000 island dressing), stove-top stuffing (whole-wheat, on sale), and baked acorn squash. It is SOOOO yummy, we won't have leftovers.

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#805 of 3293 Old 02-12-2012, 10:49 PM

Spinach and fresh pea soup (the greenest soup ever!), a ham steak, and cornbread.  This was soooo good!

#806 of 3293 Old 02-12-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookiePie View Post

Thurs: Pork chops red cabbage & potatoes *if anyone has a good recipe I could use some ideas* I'm thinking of using balsamic in lightly sauteed cabbage with onions & garlic...

When I was pregnant my partner made this recipe for me over and over:  http://altoonsultan.blogspot.com/2011/01/sweet-and-sour-red-cabbage.html

It is from a Deborah Maddison cookbook.  He would slice pork into really thin pieces and add them near the end, before the vinegar, so they would still be tender.  On several occasions we would have this over mashed potatoes.  It is one of my favorites!

#807 of 3293 Old 02-13-2012, 09:31 AM

I have a half ham with the bone I need to use in the freezer, so I'm trying out a new Black Bean Soup recipe, I'm going to double it, start on the stove and finish in the CP:

http://www.dailyunadventuresincooking.com/recipe/black-bean-and-ham-soup-recipe/

Ham sandwiches

Carrots, celery and pears for the kids

I think I'll make some chocolate chip cookies, too 

#808 of 3293 Old 02-13-2012, 12:08 PM

Tonight is tater tot casserole and applesauce

Mom to Sam (3/2007), Bekah (4/2009)hbac.gif, Jedidiah (4/2012)hbac.gif, and expecting #4 in March!
#809 of 3293 Old 02-13-2012, 01:00 PM

Tonight: baked chicken taquitos with guacamole and salsa, green salad and strawberries.

I love homemade: cute skirts, apricot jam, and family! 
#810 of 3293 Old 02-13-2012, 01:35 PM

We never tried the Thai place yet.  We'll see.  NO telling if a Thai place in BFE rural Texas is gonna be any good, rofl!

We had grilled sausages (no msg, fillers, etc.)=polish, hot and spicy, and sun dried tomato/basil ones.  Plus fresh brussels sprouts cooked in bacon grease and butter w/red onion, and fresh green beans sauteed in coconut oil, garlic, and sea salt.  I had orange slices, peeled and dredged in unsweetened coconut to put on the table and forgot.

I stocked up groceries.  Yesterday I made a huge batch of hot chocolate mix, a huge batch of "instant" peaches and cream oatmeal mix (used peach leather I found in the cabinet that I dehydrated 2 years ago, sealed in foodsaver bags), and a huge batch of cinnamon brown sugar oatmeal mix.  Also made a big noodle stir fry and Asian roasted chicken legs for lunch/snacks. Today I made a big batch of pinto beans and put a bunch in a bowl of leftover rice w/some salsa and spices.  My son is about to make a bunch of quesadillas w/that and cheddar.  We'll bake them and them freeze them.  Also making a batch of chili with pork stew meat and black beans (and some of the pintos) to serve over baked white and sweet potato chunks w/cheese and sour cream.  Will have a salad on the side. 

Wishing I had more brussels sprouts!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page