Dinner - What Are You Having? - Page 29 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 177Likes

Old 02-18-2012, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

I've got a really small pork shoulder for dinner tonight. I've had it marinading for a few hours in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Mashed potatoes and green beans on the side. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Meatball Soup and Garlic Rolls

joy.giflurk.gif

Old 02-19-2012, 07:59 AM

Yesterday we had bbq chicken sandwiches, potato salad and coleslaw.  Today we are having chili and cornbread casserole.

flowersforyou.gif

Old 02-19-2012, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

I have no idea what we're having for dinner tonight. Time to hit the cookbooks. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Old 02-19-2012, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

I decided to make spicy meatloaf with broccoli, and we'll have buttered beer bread on the table too. 

Old 02-19-2012, 04:27 PM

Hamburger steaks with sauteed onions and mushrooms

roasted sweet and gold potatoes

asparagus

pears for the kids

Old 02-20-2012, 05:46 AM

Tonight we are having Eggs in Purgatory over cheesy polenta, garlic sauteed spinach and homemade bread! 

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
Old 02-20-2012, 10:54 AM

Sausage/noodle skillet dinner (light kielbasa and broccoli and red pepper already in there)  I love one dish meals!

Mama to DS (8) and DD (7) Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not "Every man for himself." And the London Underground is not a political movement.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:05 AM

We better be having a Papa Murphy's take-n-bake pizza after the weekend we had.  Little party animals, here.  Baby was up until midnight two nights in a row!  If anyone thinks I'm turning on so much as a burner, well, they're really, really wrong.

lovestory.gif   And on 09/23/2011, we were three;  husband, daughter, and me!

Old 02-20-2012, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

The ground meat wasn't defrosted yesterday for dinner, so we ordered in from the Thai place last night. Tom Yum soup and cashew chicken with spring rolls for husband, potstickers and bamee noodles for me, except they screwed up and gave me chicken instead of barbecued pork. They've screwed up our order three times now... guess I need to start shopping around for a new place that delivers good bamee noodles. So sad. 

So tonight I'm making the spicy meatloaf, with broccoli. And I've decided to do seasoned oven fries with it too, since I have a taste for them. 

Old 02-20-2012, 01:52 PM

Ground turkey tacos with lightly fried corn tortillas

chopped salad with tomatoes, corn, black beans, cheese, avocado and bbq ranch dressing

carrots and pears for kids

Old 02-20-2012, 02:11 PM

Grilled pizzas, salad and strawberries for dinner.

I love homemade: cute skirts, apricot jam, and family! 
Old 02-20-2012, 04:15 PM

Tilapia and bacon- and maybe corn. Laney has been munching on carrots all day.

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

Old 02-20-2012, 07:54 PM

Tonight we had mini hamburgers on yeast rolls I got marked down. Sweet potato fries and broccoli and carrots from the garden on the side. Raw for ds, mine were leftovers stirfry from laast night, also with snow peas from our garden smile.gif

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007
Old 02-21-2012, 10:51 AM

Jambalaya with kielbasa and shrimp

cornbread

Happy Fat Tuesday!

Old 02-21-2012, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Dang, I forgot it was Fat Tuesday. Oh well, we're having lemon roasted chicken with leeks and maybe buttered noodles. 

Old 02-21-2012, 01:26 PM

I don't normally eat fried foods, but today being the anniversery of our first date, we're having fried chicken and mashed potatoes with a spinach salad. Yum!

-The Craftaholic
http://www.thecraftaholic.com

--------------------------------------------------------
“Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.”
Jalal ad-Din Rumi

Old 02-21-2012, 04:32 PM

Don't remember all that I've made sine I last posted, lol. 

Sunday night was a new Thai place (we are out in the country and one opened up, believe it or not!  Owned by a Thai couple who live across the road.)  It was SO good. 

Monday night was curry chicken salad w/leftover rotisserie chicken breast, celery, cucumber, yellow bell pepper, coconut milk, sour cream, cilantro, and a bunch of spices.  Oh, and I added cashews.  Most had it on 12 grain bread, I had it w/a fork, and we had orange slices.

Tonight I have no idea yet, but i have 2 small boneless wild pork loin pieces thawed....I have zucchini, onions, cucumber, carrots, kale, and a few crimini mushrooms.  Ooooh, I also have some spicy pepper pasta sauce.  Ok, something is coming together here.....1/2 a spaghetti squash to use up, and spaghetti noodles in the pantry...I think I'll make a skillet dish to serve over pasta or squash, a quick cucumber salad, more orange slices (can you tell we got a GREAT deal on oranges lately?), and if I have time, I may make a grain free carrot cake--it uses brown sugar, oil, eggs, almond meal, and grated carrots.

I'm on a dehydrating kick.  I dehydrated and put up (and I consider this meal prep and planning, btw) 5 lbs of oranges, 7 lbs of cranberries I had stuck in the freezer on sale at the holidays, apple cranberry fruit leather, and 4 heads of green cabbage (boy did I move that dehydrator outside once the cabbage started stinking!).  I've got 10 lbs of onions, 6 lbs of carrots, 10 lbs of sweet potatoes, another 5 lbs of oranges if I wish to do them, 9 grapefruit, and 10 lbs of apples to do this week.

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

Old 02-21-2012, 04:34 PM

So glad you got a good thai place!  We have two in the area- rural area- and one is great.  I think I am making hot dogs at this point... nothing planned behind on everything. Had unexpecteds come up today and shit- I am just behind behind behind.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:20 PM

That's pretty much what we did. Boxed Mac n cheese, turkey sausages, and raw carrots. I was exhausted after school and work today

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007
Old 02-22-2012, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter

We're doing some meatless tonight, but I have no idea what. We've been eating too much heavy stuff lately and are craving something light - maybe a broccoli pasta dish or something. 

Old 02-22-2012, 07:24 AM

It's gnocchi and red gravy tonight at Casa Gregory.  eat.gif

lovestory.gif   And on 09/23/2011, we were three;  husband, daughter, and me!

Old 02-22-2012, 03:54 PM

The dish I made last night w/pork tenderloin, zucchini, onion, carrots, kale, basil, and spicy red bell pepper pasta sauce was awesome!  I dumped in a half container of ricotta I needed to use up, too.  I ate it like a stew and everyone else had it over fettuccine.  We also had chopped oranges with feta and toasted walnuts.  Needed a tiny bit of mint and maybe some fresh basil in it.  Or some thinly sliced fennel.  Anyway, it was still good.

Got 7 pounds of carrots in the dehydrator.  It will be very nice to have all that veggie prep done already.  Pop it all in the crockpot and forget about it.  I am wanting to streamline my kitchen time for the upcoming gardening season.  Meals need to be quick so that I'll have time to deal w/processing extra produce (we'll have lots and lots raw) for food storage.

Tonight I'm seriously thinking about telling everyone to eat a bowl of oatmeal.  I want breakfast for supper but don't have enough eggs (chickens are on strike).  I have cabbage.  Lots of cabbage.   Ah-ha!  Easy peasy.  I have most of a pack of li'l smokies.  I'll add that to a head of chopped up cabbage, some celery, some sliced up carrots and onions, caraway, worchestershire (or however ya spell it) sauce, garlic, etc.. and just bake it and forget about it.  We will have home canned plums and pickles, too. 

Ok, thanks for letting me get out my thought process, lol.

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

Old 02-22-2012, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicky2 View Post

The dish I made last night w/pork tenderloin, zucchini, onion, carrots, kale, basil, and spicy red bell pepper pasta sauce was awesome!  I dumped in a half container of ricotta I needed to use up, too.  I ate it like a stew and everyone else had it over fettuccine.  We also had chopped oranges with feta and toasted walnuts.  Needed a tiny bit of mint and maybe some fresh basil in it.  Or some thinly sliced fennel.  Anyway, it was still good.

Got 7 pounds of carrots in the dehydrator.  It will be very nice to have all that veggie prep done already.  Pop it all in the crockpot and forget about it.  I am wanting to streamline my kitchen time for the upcoming gardening season.  Meals need to be quick so that I'll have time to deal w/processing extra produce (we'll have lots and lots raw) for food storage.

Tonight I'm seriously thinking about telling everyone to eat a bowl of oatmeal.  I want breakfast for supper but don't have enough eggs (chickens are on strike).  I have cabbage.  Lots of cabbage.   Ah-ha!  Easy peasy.  I have most of a pack of li'l smokies.  I'll add that to a head of chopped up cabbage, some celery, some sliced up carrots and onions, caraway, worchestershire (or however ya spell it) sauce, garlic, etc.. and just bake it and forget about it.  We will have home canned plums and pickles, too. 

Ok, thanks for letting me get out my thought process, lol.

Resourcefulness rocks! Isn't it so great to just be able to throw together a complete meal with what at first glance might seem like odds and ends? :-) Also, I think everyone eats way more fruit than we do. Everyone seems to have fruit with dinner! We rarely eat fruit in the winter... maybe I should reassess. 

Old 02-23-2012, 07:46 AM

I have a friend and her daughter staying with us for a bit- we had a great dinner... everyone sat at table!!!!. Eggs bacon toast and roast beef and cheese sandwiches-

Of course as a vegetarian I had pepperjack cheese with banana peppers and mustard on a hoagie roll- it was SO GOOD.  Totally reccomend it- ( heated up) It was so simple and delish!

Old 02-23-2012, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter

We're doing something with thick cut pork chops tonight, but I have no idea what yet.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:49 AM

I made this Chicken a la Criolla but didn't use the crock pot it cooked in just under an hour on the stove-top.  I put it over Alton Brown's Baked Brown Rice recipe which I usually double and it was really, fantastic!  The whole family loved it and agreed that I should make it again soon!

Tonight we will have breakfast for dinner, eggs, pancakes and turkey breakfast sausage!   

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
Old 02-24-2012, 06:05 AM - Thread Starter

Tonight my MIL is watching the baby so we're splurging and going to dinner and a movie! We're going to eat at Two Brothers, a fantastic local microbrewery which just happens to be 15 minutes from my MIL's house, and then we're going to see the Sherlock movie. So excited!

Old 02-25-2012, 11:59 AM

Finally checking in, I'm limiting my forum activity for Lent and only allowing myself on time each week to post.

W: ended up with mexican take out

Th: salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, asparagus/carrots, pears

F: hot dogs, chips, cabbage ramen salad, pears

Tonight: 

Kids: salmon, broccoli, baked sweet potato "fries", pears

Adults: spicy indian chicken curry, brown rice, maybe samosas (if Trader Joe's has some) 

Old 02-26-2012, 03:45 PM

My Boyfriends parents and my parents met last night for dinner at his house- he made Philly cheese steak sandwiches for the adults and salmon for the kids- all three kids wanted salmon lol.  It went great !  Parents really clicked and his parents really liked me.  What a great weekend!

User Tag List