Dinner - What Are You Having? - Page 32 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 142Likes

#931 of 3525 Old 03-15-2012, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)

Husband is doing some kind of Mexican-inspired grilled chicken thighs tonight, with home made guacamole and rice. The weather is still beautiful, so it looks like we'll have another nice night grilling out on the back deck. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#932 of 3525 Old 03-15-2012, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have leftover roast and au jus from the other night I need to use. 

Kids: roast beef, baked sweet potato fries, broccoli, pears

Adults: roast beef sandwich for dh with sauteed onions and cheese and au jus for dipping, sliced roast beef with sauteed onions for me and I'm making a new bacon blue cheese potato salad recipe that was recommended to me

Last night, the kids had waffles, bacon and strawberries and dh and I had BLTs and tomato basil bisque. 

#933 of 3525 Old 03-16-2012, 04:53 AM

Venison steaks, smashed red potatoes with olive oil & pecorino cheese, & garlicy broccoli rabbe!

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
#934 of 3525 Old 03-16-2012, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookiePie View Post

Venison steaks, smashed red potatoes with olive oil & pecorino cheese, & garlicy broccoli rabbe!

Why did you post this!? I am filled with Extreme Jealousy! Venison is so wonderful...

But, since we do not have venison, tonight I made bolognese, and then used it for lasagna with soy mozzarella. I hope it turns out - I've never tried it with soy cheese. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#935 of 3525 Old 03-16-2012, 06:01 PM

We had tacos tonight with spanish rice and refried beans.

Tomorrow Im making shepards pie since its St. Pattys day!

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#936 of 3525 Old 03-17-2012, 10:41 AM

I'm starting the corned beef in the CP this morning and will roast some red potatoes and carrots and saute cabbage and onions to go with it. I'll also make a batch of irish soda biscuits. Mmmmmm.

Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig!

MrsGregory likes this.
#937 of 3525 Old 03-17-2012, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I was going to make home made corned beef, except I misread the curing recipe where it says "cure for FIVE DAYS".... I should've known better since I'm pretty familiar with charcuterie and curing meat, but I was tired. But all is not lost. I decided to take my beef brisket and do it in some Guinness in the crockpot. I threw in some potatoes, cabbage, carrots and onion. It'll be decent - basically a pot roast. I hope the brisket gets tender enough - it should since I'm cooking it for eight hours. 

#938 of 3525 Old 03-18-2012, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Tonight we're taking advantage of the fantastic weather again by grilling out. We're doing chicken thighs hot wing style, coated in some Franks Hot Sauce. We'll have the last of the sweet corn from the freezer with it, and maybe just some buttered egg noodles - good to cut the heat of the hot sauce. 

#939 of 3525 Old 03-19-2012, 09:28 AM

Last night we ate waffles, eggs, and fresh pork sausage w/brand new friends and their 4 boys.  It was very nice.

Tonight is the Tom Kha soup I've been wanting to make.  Saved a bit from the Thai place for me to compare to mine as I'm cooking.  I will make mine w/chicken legs, and the stuff from the Thai place just had breast slices in it.  I think we'll prefer the legs, if I know my family.  We don't care much for chicken breast since we started raising our rabbits.  They are just worlds better than chicken breast.  (domestic rabbit is all white meat from head to tail)

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#940 of 3525 Old 03-19-2012, 03:57 PM

Last night we had a layered dip with refried beans, sour cream, fresh salsa, avocado, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, tomato and black olives with tortilla chips. I needed a meat break after all that corned beef.

Tonight:

Roasted whole chicken with cornbread stuffing

smashed red potatoes

pan gravy

sauteed brussels sprouts and garlic

broccoli and applesauce for kids

#941 of 3525 Old 03-19-2012, 06:57 PM

Tonight we had tater tot casserole..

Tomorrow I have to go have blood work done at the hospital in the afternoon so Im making chili in the crockpot and cornbread.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#942 of 3525 Old 03-20-2012, 07:25 AM

Good luck with the bloodwork OkiMom!

This week we are eating lots of corned beef, and at some point I will get around to experimenting with Mexican gnocchi.  My plan is to make the gnocchi out of cornmeal and smother them in homemade enchilada sauce and Mexican cheeses.  On Friday I'll make fish.  We still have fajita fixings left over too, so I don't see a lot of cooking in my future, which is good, because my husband brought me home a cold from work.  He's so sweet!  irked.gif

lovestory.gif   And on 09/23/2011, we were three;  husband, daughter, and me!

#943 of 3525 Old 03-20-2012, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

My husband has been cheffing it up at our house so far this week. Last night he did grilled Italian sausages with roasted potatoes and cauliflower, and tonight we had pasta with marinara sauce. 

Not sure what's on the agenda for tomorrow. 

#944 of 3525 Old 03-21-2012, 09:00 AM

We had leftovers last night.  Leftover grain free pizza w/swiss chard, tomatoes, and caramelized onions, and Tom Kha soup.  Yep, totally didn't go together, lol.  No one complained, though.

Tonight I have lots of zucchini to use, swiss chard begging to be totally cut down (it's huge), and I have no clue what to make.  Maybe I'll make a pasta dish and use some of the zucchini for my pasta.

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#945 of 3525 Old 03-21-2012, 09:06 AM

Chicky- if you go to allrecipes.com you can search recipes by what you want to use and don't. I do that sometimes then alter the recipes to suit my family.

Tonight we are having chili and cornbread. Tomorrow we are having chili mac..

#946 of 3525 Old 03-21-2012, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Pasta salad here tonight. Tomorrow husband is making bacon and whiskey chili and hopefully jalapeno cornbread to go with it. 

#947 of 3525 Old 03-21-2012, 08:21 PM

Homemade pizza and salad

joy.giflurk.gif

#948 of 3525 Old 03-22-2012, 07:45 AM

It's my birthday today! We're having my favorite: meatloaf, cheesy grits, and roasted veggies. Mmmm!!

2twins.gif DH, me, DD '11 blowkiss.gif and a new rainbow1284.gifbabyboy.gif born at home April '14! 

familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif cd.gif goorganic.jpgh20homebirth.gif winner.jpg 

#949 of 3525 Old 03-22-2012, 08:59 AM

Happy Birthday ShyingViolet!

lovestory.gif   And on 09/23/2011, we were three;  husband, daughter, and me!

#950 of 3525 Old 03-22-2012, 10:37 AM

Happy Birthday ShyingViolet. birthday.gif

We are changing the meal plan tonight.. The girls want nachos. Also, DH has duty tonight and was disappointment I was going to make chili mac tonight so Im making it when he will be home.

#951 of 3525 Old 03-22-2012, 03:48 PM

Happy Birthday!

We are having penne pasta with ground beef, zucchini, red pepper and mushrooms in the sauce. Easy peasy night.

#952 of 3525 Old 03-22-2012, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Beans and Greens!  Old school Italian recipe from the family cookbook.  Good one!

#953 of 3525 Old 03-22-2012, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Husband made our bacon and whiskey chili tonight, but did it in the crockpot and it was the best batch I've ever tasted. I think the low and slow cooking really allowed the flavors to meld. I'm thinking of a third bowl in a little while, maybe... 

#954 of 3525 Old 03-23-2012, 03:12 PM

I love allrecipes and have it on my kindle fire, too.  The dinner spinner thing.  I don't use recipes anymore, really, because I cook by feel/mood/taste, but I do read them as a hobby and for inspiration!

Happy bday, Shyingviolet!  Hope it was a good one.

I haven't cooked in a couple of days because I made alot, and then we got sick.  I ended up putting potatoes, carrots (both parboiled), zucchini, asparagus, cooked ground pork and onions and frozen spinach in a big casserole.  Added a brick of cream cheese, broken up, a couple of jars of spaghetti sauce, and topped it with mozzarella cheese and baked it.  Added lots of basil, oregano, and garlic.  My dd and I ate it just in a bowl and everyone else had it over spaghetti noodles.  Tonight is burgers from the country store.  I take off the top bun so I don't feel so bloated later.

#955 of 3525 Old 03-23-2012, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Husband cooked again tonight - crockpot chicken and veggies - very tasty, and perfect on a rainy spring evening. 

#956 of 3525 Old 03-23-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom31 View Post

My Boyfriends parents and my parents met last night for dinner at his house- he made Philly cheese steak sandwiches for the adults and salmon for the kids- all three kids wanted salmon lol.  It went great !  Parents really clicked and his parents really liked me.  What a great weekend!

can you believe that two weeks after this he got an offer to go get his MBA for FREE- and KEEP his great job- and is now moving 9 hours from me- and we have chosen to break up and remain a strong friendship.

Unbelievable.

I am ok. My mom came to help out- and I am ok. But damn.

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#957 of 3525 Old 03-23-2012, 08:57 PM

oh and needless to say- till mom got here we had frozen pizza and hot dogs.... a lot.

Tonight we had burgers rice and peas

Last night tilapia with curry powder, salad, chips, cheese, assorted fruit for each person.

Oh- and I lost 6 lbs. Lol.

damn.

Hugs mamas- I need them.:) doing remarkably well tho considering we were planning a future together and it all came crashing down.

#958 of 3525 Old 03-24-2012, 11:15 AM

So sorry Mom31, that just sucks :( 

Last night, we had small steaks, baked potatoes, broccoli, sweet potato "fries" and pears for kids.

Tonight:

homemade ricotta gnocchi with fresh mozzarella in the sauce

roasted red pepper and garlic chicken sausage

broccoli

garlic bread

#959 of 3525 Old 03-24-2012, 02:29 PM

Thanks colemom. :) I am going to be ok- and my kids did not famish- I still managed to feed them lol.

Just hot dogs and pizza.  Which i eat little of- hence the six pound drop.

#960 of 3525 Old 03-24-2012, 06:51 PM

My cousin and her 5 yr old daughter came to visit from north Carolina this week, I hadn't seen her in 11 years! So we've been doing a bunch of eating out. They left super early this morning.... well tried, but the bus was held up by immigration here in San Antonio, and instead of getting to conroe about 830 this morning, it was after 2!. Tonight I made ds and I sort of a warm pasta salad- sauteed broccoli, carrots, and garlic in butter and olive oil, and tossed it with warm tri color rotini, more butter, and parmesan cheese.

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page