Dinner - What Are You Having? - Page 55 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 74Likes

#1621 of 3261 Old 03-21-2013, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)

We did bacon-wrapped pork chops and baked potatoes tonight - so good. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#1622 of 3261 Old 03-22-2013, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Last ngiht we did perogies and raw veggies and hummus. Turns out only ds ate eyesroll.gif

Tonight we had tacos with homemade refried beans,guac and salsa. Turns out dds wouldn't eat tonight. dizzy.gif

I've near given up on cooking during this pregnancy. It's just too much work and too much mess for no one to eat or help with

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
#1623 of 3261 Old 03-22-2013, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

We did bratwursts and baked beans tonight. Friday night junk food. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#1624 of 3261 Old 03-23-2013, 07:20 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caiesmommy View Post
I've near given up on cooking during this pregnancy. It's just too much work and too much mess for no one to eat or help with

I agree with you - go with the flow! hug2.gif

Mom "D" to DD1 "Z" (14) and DD2 "I" (11) DH "M"

#1625 of 3261 Old 03-23-2013, 04:35 PM

Shoot,caiesmommy, that's where I'm at with this needy nursling. I stuck her in the swing and say on the floor so she could watch me peel potatoes. Then she screamed while I succeed and spices them for scalloped potatoes. We then bundled up and went outside to watch dad working on moving some baby trees. Then we came in, nursed her almost to sleep, then I needed get up and work on the rest. She never lets me out her down, but this time, she did. I cooked some smoked sausage and did about half the dishes while she slept in the swing for thirty minutes.

So today we had scaled potatoes and smoked sausage. I forgot the salad. We can have it with the pizza tomorrow.

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

#1626 of 3261 Old 03-23-2013, 05:22 PM

The big kids went to a birthday party. Little one is still too sick. So I figured it'd be a cereal and fruit dinner. Oldest dd begs for "saladey cups"

Sauteed tofu and raman noodles in a hoison/pb/lemon sauce. With shredded carrot,sliced cukes,radish,green onions,peppers. Also steamed some broccoli and asparagus. Toss it all together and put it into an iceberg lettuce cup. It's a quick and really easy recipe when you use a food processor. But still too much work for what I wanted to do. But I did it.

Call the kids to the table. Ds ate FOUR!!!! Youngest dd picked a bit. Oldest dd who begged for it then told me "I'm too tired. I'm going to bed now." duh.gif

Dh comes home from work and he's got a nasty cold and has a gig tonight so he went straight to bed leaving his dinner on the table.

Seriously!!!! Cuss.gif

#1627 of 3261 Old 03-24-2013, 11:40 AM

No fun for you, caiesmommy, but your DS was satisfied anyway. smile.gif

I have pizza dough going in the bread machine. I might make an extra batch for hubby to take to work tomorrow. They've got a long shift and a lot of work to do so they might appreciate it.

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

#1628 of 3261 Old 03-24-2013, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Husband is at work tonight, so I just pulled some leftover salisbury steak out of the freezer and had that over egg noodles. Nothing fancy, but pretty good anyway. With a big glass of water - I've had the oven on baking all day, so this apartment is hot! 

#1629 of 3261 Old 03-25-2013, 05:46 AM

Last night I made a tortilla lasagna in the slow cooker. I used up the leftover refried beans/salsa/and diced veggies from the tacos the other day. We had it with salad using up some avocado and leftover tortilla chips. Ds again inhaled it. I thought it was yummy. Dh can't taste anything. Youngest dd ate most. Oldest dd took a bite. Sigh

I asked oldest dd what she would like for dinner. She said soup. Chickpea rice soup. We'll see if she eats it. I'm basing it on this recipe but turning it veggie.

http://www.365daysofcrockpot.com/2009/11/day-301-creamy-wild-rice-and-chicken.html

#1630 of 3261 Old 03-25-2013, 01:02 PM

I think we're having taco salad. Just depends how long hubby ends up working this evening....

#1631 of 3261 Old 03-26-2013, 07:53 AM

The soup last night was a flop. My tummy wanted NOTHING to do with it. Dh couldn't taste it. Neither dd would eat it. Ds had almost 2 bowls. I honestly think he sees Mommy about to break down and lies and says he likes whatever I make....he learns from his Daddy love.gif

Now I have 3 sick kids. Big kids have ear infections. Ds's ear is pussing and nasty. I've got the peroxide and evoo/tea tree oil/garlic blend in his ear.

Tonight for dinner is "feel better soup" which is sauteed onion,garlic,ginger blended with homemade broth and then reheated with miso. I used 3 heads of garlic,2 onions and a massive piece of ginger. Kids won't eat it if they see the chunks but once it's all blended it gets sweet and creamy and quite delish. they'll hopefully gobble it up

#1632 of 3261 Old 03-26-2013, 08:06 AM

I have some chicken bones I'll throw in the crockpot to make broth, then add noodles, frozen peas and spinach (just before serving). Probably pairing it with "yummy bread" aka grilled cheese sandwiches although I may up the ante to simple veg panninis. Sick two year old, pregnancy and a major case of the crummy weather blahs - not exactly motivated for culinary excellence over here lol
#1633 of 3261 Old 03-26-2013, 11:57 AM

Since I'm not sure how late he's working, I have no idea what well end up with....

#1634 of 3261 Old 03-26-2013, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

We're doing spaghetti with a home made marinara with some ground Italian sausage mixed in. I'm feeling pretty blech about the flavor though, so I'm going to have husband adjust the seasonings a bit. 

#1635 of 3261 Old 03-27-2013, 08:48 AM

I've done a meal plan for the next couple weeks but with the kids weird eating and the stores being closed on the only 2 days I can go shopping I'm really not sure what I'm going to do. I've almost given up on cooking all together

Last night the kids had toast and fruit for dinner...sigh

#1636 of 3261 Old 03-27-2013, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Husband made apricot-glazed pork tenderloin in the crockpot before he left for work. I'm going to make a baked potato in a bit to go alongside it. 

#1637 of 3261 Old 03-28-2013, 05:00 AM

I'm FINALLY getting in to see the O.B. to get some better meds for my pregnancy sickness. Hoping MIL feeds dc while I'm there and hoping that these meds will help make me able to cook starting this weekend

#1638 of 3261 Old 03-28-2013, 11:40 AM

Tonight is either chicken salad or left overs.

#1639 of 3261 Old 03-29-2013, 05:11 AM

I've got kidney beans cooking in the slow cooker for refried beans tonight. We've got some tomatoes and lettuce needing to be used up and an open box of taco shells. Most of the time the kids eat tacos w-out issues...hoping this is one of those times

#1640 of 3261 Old 03-29-2013, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Crazy busy day here so we picked up a rotisserie chicken while we were doing grocery shopping and had it with canned green beans. I'll likely do something simple like fish sticks tomorrow since husband goes to work in the afternoon and I have a minor procedure being done in the morning, so I am not going to feel like cooking. Sunday we're doing a baked ham with honey and white wine for Easter dinner, with croissants and French potato salad. And dyed hard boiled eggs of course!

What's everyone else doing for Easter dinner on Sunday?

#1641 of 3261 Old 03-30-2013, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

What's everyone else doing for Easter dinner on Sunday?

I'm in the middle of a mass house cleaning/food prep session for Sunday...sigh

Tonight will be tofu/veggies in a pb sauce in the slow cooker over rice noodles and salad

Sunday my family and dh's parents are coming for a pot luck dinner. It's a bit redic. Because they're coming to a vegetarian house they seem to think they need to make sure they'll eat to the point of 2 different meats.dizzy.gif

My mil is bringing a ham,sweet potato casserole and a "surprise" dessert. Which I'm sure will both frighten me and disgust me

My 1 Aunt is bringing a turkey and 2 types of stuffing(she makes a kick ass vegetarian mushroom stuffing that I basically live for on holidays)

My other Aunt/Gma are bringing-turnip,buns,drinks,apple pie,raspberry pie,fruit tray

My cousin is bringing a cheesecake and prob something else

I'm making the potatoes,carrots,maybe a tossed salad and a bean salad as our protein source,a pickle tray(dills,olives,beets,onions) and a vegan chocolate pb pie for dc since they can't do dairy/regular pie crust.

As you can prob guess I'm planning a leftover soup out of everything for Monday's dinner winky.gif

#1642 of 3261 Old 03-30-2013, 12:50 PM

Things have been way off due to spring break last week. We ate out a lot - Italian to celebrate report cards, last night Asian with friends. Ate over at a friend's, too (squash soup and sausages).

Thurs. night we were out of town & made dinner in the hotel room: microwaved bean tostadas (DD2 really wanted to use the microwave since we don't have one at home) and "hotel grilled cheese" - make your sandwich of bread-cheese-bread, wrap in foil & "grill" using the in-room clothes iron. So much fun!

Tonight will for sure be leftover black beans with tortillas, leftover rice, and whatever toppings are around (lettuce, salsa, sour cream). Tomorrow is Easter at my mom's, and I am making asparagus with shallot vinaigrette. The main protein will be turkey, so I might need to bring something extra for vegetarian/pescatarian DD1. Cousins are bringing appetizers and salads, so there may also be enough for her w/ all the eggs.

Next week - still up for grabs!

#1643 of 3261 Old 03-30-2013, 02:28 PM

Today was refried beans, rice, and tortillas.

Tomorrow is at the in laws. It's a huge family gathering and everyone brings something. My MIL makes the main stuff and is different every year. Sometimes turkey, ham, lamb, goat, who knows what is going to be this year! I'm bringing eclair cake... made with ingredients which are unbelievably bad for you. :0

#1644 of 3261 Old 03-30-2013, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Steak, honeyed carrots, garlic toast. I don't know what we are doing for snacks yet. Maybe I'll send dh out for ice cream.

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#1645 of 3261 Old 04-01-2013, 09:32 AM

My Mexican MIL made a ton of Mexican food for Easter, the family (Dutch) were very happy.

Today I think I'm doing chicken, potato wedges and salad.

#1646 of 3261 Old 04-02-2013, 06:07 AM

Yesterday - chipotle black bean-sweet potato chili (ended up eating this by myself - everyone else had other stuff going on; will be my lunch today, too)

Today - spaghetti tacos by DD1's request

#1647 of 3261 Old 04-02-2013, 06:13 AM

Yesterday: Cajun pollock with veggies bake. DD tried it, then asked for cereal. I can't complain too much, she's two and did have two bites lol.
Tonight: I have no idea. Time to rummage through the freezer.
#1648 of 3261 Old 04-02-2013, 07:06 AM

Last night we had a veggie bean soup with leftovers from Easter and it turned out awesome

Tonight is vegetarian chicken breasts(a rare thing in our house...its a pregnancy craving(sigh) with a mango curry sauce,roasted cauliflower,pineapple fried rice using leftover pineapple from Easter and a pickled veggie plate

#1649 of 3261 Old 04-03-2013, 08:00 AM

Tonight: green veggie bowls with rice & asparagus/broccoli/edamame

Tomorrow: some kind of veg curry (whatever veg I have) and dosas based on this recipe: http://www.economiesofkale.net/vegetarian-dosa-recipe/ And I'll have to think of something for non-spice-loving DD2.

#1650 of 3261 Old 04-03-2013, 04:21 PM

I have a banana and a pack of crackers sitting here.... Hubby has beans and a burrito in his lunch.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page