Dinner - What Are You Having? - Page 81 - Mothering Forums
Welcome, mamapigeon. You last visited: Yesterday at 03:43 PM Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 7.

Forum Jump: 
 180Likes
#2401 of 3629 Old 01-28-2014, 06:05 PM
Ragana

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragana View Post

We're in the polar vortex again, and no school for anyone tomorrow and possibly also Tuesday. Plan for the next few dinners is

Mon - brown rice with edamame and fried eggs

Tue - chicken and roasted potatoes

Wed - pasta and sauce / fish sticks for DD2 who is sick of pasta (and maybe me - trying to cut back on rice and pasta, ugh)

Two down, one to go.

Mom "D" to DD1 "Z" (15) and DD2 "I" (11) DH "M"

Ragana is offline Report Post  
#2402 of 3629 Old 01-28-2014, 06:26 PM
newmamalizzy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)

Okay, so done with nachos and chili.  Last night was pork noodle soup.  Tonight, a tofu/mushroom/snap pea stir fry.  Tomorrow, I think we'll do a shepherd's pie, too, probably with carrots on the side. 

newmamalizzy is online now Report Post  
#2403 of 3629 Old 01-29-2014, 03:57 PM
Smidge

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yay, what a fun thread!

Tonight we're having garlic pasta with red meat with a side of salad and possibly homemade rolls :)

Tomorrow we're having my FIL and nephew over for dinner and I'm not sure what I'm going to make yet...

lady.gifLacey, wife to an emerging author notes.gif,  mama to whistling.gif(6),bikenew.gif(4),  angel1.gif our Angel Faith born to Heaven April 2013 & Expecting our Rainbow Baby #4 July 2014 luxlove.gif 
Smidge is offline Report Post  
#2404 of 3629 Old 01-29-2014, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter
kitchensqueen

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

We had steak, mashed potatoes and corn here tonight. And it was really, really good. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

kitchensqueen is offline Report Post  
#2405 of 3629 Old 01-30-2014, 10:28 AM
dianadeep

Great recipes :D yummy

dianadeep is offline Report Post  
#2406 of 3629 Old 01-30-2014, 03:32 PM
rainbowasylum

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We are making french bread pizzas tonight- everyone gets to top them as they prefer. :)  Should be fun for the kids. 

rainbowasylum is offline Report Post  
#2407 of 3629 Old 01-30-2014, 04:53 PM
MrsKoehn

You guys are making me hungry. I have only had a donut since breakfast and it's nearly 4. My fault though. We went shopping and when I got the groceries put away and stayed cleaning out the diaper bag, I realized I left my wallet at safeway. That was an hour round trip back. Hubby wasn't impressed. Looks line nothing was messed with though. Thank the Lord for that!

Since we went back, I got the Hawaiian rolls I forgot at Walmart to make Hawaiian sliders for supper tonight. I plan tuna tomorrow.

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

MrsKoehn is offline Report Post  
#2408 of 3629 Old 01-30-2014, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter
kitchensqueen

We had ham and green beans with leftover mashed potatoes. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#2409 of 3629 Old 01-31-2014, 11:09 AM
newmamalizzy

Sigh. I think my family will be eating scrambled eggs and mashed potatoes for the next 8 months. I refuse to cook anything with an odor. No, no, no.
#2410 of 3629 Old 01-31-2014, 04:11 PM
MrsKoehn

It should get better before then, newmamalizzy! Hugs

Tonight is left overs. Tomorrow probably crockpot salsa chicken and rice.

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

#2411 of 3629 Old 01-31-2014, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter
kitchensqueen

We're treating ourselves by ordering in Sweet Baby Rays with our last restaurant.com certificate. Pulled pork sandwich for me, brisket sandwich for husband. Little Man still won't eat meat, so he'll have some fries and something more healthy that he will touch - cheese or yogurt, cashews, oatmeal - some combination therein. He's become picky as of late... 

#2412 of 3629 Old 02-01-2014, 08:49 AM
Ragana

Tonight panini - ham and cheese or just cheese on pretzel bread with pickles. I won a panini maker in the fall, and although I wouldn't have bought one, it's actually nice to have.

Tomorrow is Super Bowl at our friends' house. We pay little attention to the game, but it's nice to hang out. I'm making cooked sushi (i.e., with canned salmon and canned crab filling plus avocado and maybe cucumber). Friends are making pizza and sundaes. There will be crafting for non-sports fans. My kind of evening!

Then time to meal plan for next week. I recently joined Pinterest and have been pinning meal ideas. I really like being able to visually browse what I might want to make instead of going by recipe names. Yes, I've been sucked in!

PS To the Budget Bytes fans here: did you see that she has a cookbook coming out? Cool!

#2413 of 3629 Old 02-01-2014, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter
kitchensqueen

Quote:

Then time to meal plan for next week. I recently joined Pinterest and have been pinning meal ideas. I really like being able to visually browse what I might want to make instead of going by recipe names. Yes, I've been sucked in!

PS To the Budget Bytes fans here: did you see that she has a cookbook coming out? Cool!

Be careful - Pinterest is addicting! I absolutely love it though - best way to bookmark stuff on the internet. No need to favorite pages and have them clutter up your browser anymore. And a Budget Bytes cookbook!? I'm excited about that; love her recipes. 

Not sure what we're doing for dinner tonight. Husband is working a day shift so he'll actually be home for dinner. I'm leaning toward pasta bolognese since we haven't had it in awhile and it's cold and snowy here, but I haven't quite decided yet. 

#2414 of 3629 Old 02-01-2014, 01:56 PM
rainbowasylum

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Breakfast for dinner tonight.  Bacon and omelets-  ah, the meals we have the energy to make while in the first trimester... 

rainbowasylum is offline Report Post  
#2415 of 3629 Old 02-01-2014, 07:41 PM
MrsKoehn

Oh I'm a Pinterest junkie too. I have the app on my tablet and it is wonderful to clean up and easily access bookmarks. Though I just hate when the link is wrong or down or deleted. That happened with my ham and cheese sliders. I made them 2 weeks ago and had written the recipe down in my planner. I went to look it up again this week, the page was down or gone. I am so glad I wrote it down. I usually copy and paste ingredients and directions in the comments.

Anyway. Today we had tuna sandwiches. I had chicken to pull in the crock, but I ended up starting it too late because of the baby. So it's almost ready for tomorrow.

#2416 of 3629 Old 02-01-2014, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter
kitchensqueen

Speaking of Pinterest, that's where tonight's recipe came from - apple cider chicken. I made herb roasted potatoes with it, and we had some green beans on the side as well. 

#2417 of 3629 Old 02-02-2014, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter
kitchensqueen

Pasta bolognese here tonight. 

#2418 of 3629 Old 02-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Ragana

Tonight will be chickpea-potato-vegetable curry and brown rice. Tomorrow hopefully Thai noodle soup (I'll post my version! :-) ) if I can get to the store.

#2419 of 3629 Old 02-03-2014, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter
kitchensqueen

I'm making breaded pork chops and served canned corn on the side. Half labor-intensive, half no effort. Win?

#2420 of 3629 Old 02-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Ragana

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

I'm making breaded pork chops and served canned corn on the side. Half labor-intensive, half no effort. Win?

Win! I did my curry in the slow cooker and rice in the rice cooker. Gotta love meals like that. I have been pretty low energy lately, so that's a good day.

#2421 of 3629 Old 02-03-2014, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter
kitchensqueen

Quote:

Win! I did my curry in the slow cooker and rice in the rice cooker. Gotta love meals like that. I have been pretty low energy lately, so that's a good day.

I'll take the win. :-) But your double-whammy slow cooker and rice cooker win was a far better win than mine. 

#2422 of 3629 Old 02-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Ragana

I have the Thai noodle soup in the crockpot right now. I threw in a box of veg stock, a can of coconut milk, about 2 T. Thai red curry paste, maybe 2 t. fish sauce, about 1/4 chopped onion, a handful of cilantro, and some frozen mixed veg/frozen green beans. Will cut up a lime to squeeze in when it's done. I will also prepare the rice noodles on the side so they don't get mushy. Plus chicken on the side for DH and my non-curry-eating DD2.

#2423 of 3629 Old 02-04-2014, 04:05 PM
MrsKoehn

I'm making meatloaf, mashed potatoes and canned green beans. Once I can get up from the sleeping baby on top of me. She is napping late, but she needed it!
Yesterday we had Parmesan crusted chicken, more mashed potatoes - but these are garlic Parmesan and Good, and salad.
Tomorrow will be left overs.

#2424 of 3629 Old 02-04-2014, 05:20 PM
newmamalizzy

Okay. Last night we did a baked Mac and cheese with canned corn and steamed zucchini. Tonight is cheeseburgers on squishy potato buns with a salad. Tomorrow, I think we'll just do baked beans with brown-bread-from-a-can and leftover veggies. Butternut squash soup with sourdough later in the week. I'm actually managing to make meals this week instead of feeding my daughter eggs and then gorging on Mac and cheese from a box. Things are looking up!
#2425 of 3629 Old 02-04-2014, 06:08 PM
nutmeg86

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Love this tread! Tonight we had winter veggie soup. turnips, carrots, parsnips, rutabaga and sweet potato with white beans and the last bag of tomato juice from the garden:( it was delish. We also had French bread with it. Tomorrow will be breakfast for supper night since its yoga night... my night to run away! smile.gif
nutmeg86 is offline Report Post  
#2426 of 3629 Old 02-04-2014, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter
kitchensqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmeg86 View Post
Tomorrow will be breakfast for supper night since its yoga night... my night to run away! smile.gif

Wednesday is my yoga day too - no idea what we're planning for dinner yet though. Tonight I threw together a sausage and kale pasta, but didn't add white beans because husband is tired of beans. It was okay, but I really missed the beans! 

#2427 of 3629 Old 02-05-2014, 06:35 AM
Ragana

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKoehn View Post

Once I can get up from the sleeping baby on top of me. She is napping late, but she needed it!

Awwww, miss those days! 10-yr. old had a bad dream and came in our bed last night. Not the same!! (no room for my arms!!)

PS Thai soup turned out well. I'm on a crock pot roll, so I think I will continue it today with Mexican casserole. Beans, tortillas and random odds and ends layered and cooked in the slow cooker. I have a bunch of avocados from a veg box, so those can be on the side. Plain black beans & sour cream for DD2 who doesn't like casseroles.

#2428 of 3629 Old 02-05-2014, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter
kitchensqueen

We made bean, rice and ground turkey tacos for dinner tonight - something quick before I had yoga earlier. 

#2429 of 3629 Old 02-06-2014, 10:46 AM
nutmeg86

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Seems to be a theme here... smile.gif
Making bean and rice and veggie burritos. Its the last night before grocery day so we have lots of odd and ends vegetables that need to be used.
nutmeg86 is offline Report Post  
#2430 of 3629 Old 02-06-2014, 11:17 AM
MrsKoehn

Yesterday was the planned left overs, though I had cereal. My stomach wasn't feeling great.
Tonight will be beef stew, already in the crockpot. Planning to make cornbread with it too. Mmmm Perfect weather for it, we have a whole 11º right now. And my kitchen water is frozen. Grr Glad it's his day off work, he can fix it.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Cut
Copy
Paste
Undo
Redo

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Bold
Italic
Underline
Align Left
Align Center
Align Right
Ordered List
Unordered List
Decrease Indent
Increase Indent
Insert Email Link
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
Wrap [CODE] tags around selected text
Wrap [HTML] tags around selected text
Wrap [PHP] tags around selected text
Wrap [MENTION] tags around selected text
Wrap [SPOILER] tags around selected text
Smilies [More]
:x :grin: :wink: :crying: >:D :laugh: :serious: :eek: 0:) :frown: :nerd: :smile: :) :thumb :love
Attach Files
Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)
(0)