Dinner - What Are You Having? - Page 85 - Mothering Forums
First ... 35  75  83  84  85 86  87  95  ... Last
Meal Planning > Dinner - What Are You Having?
EnviroBecca's Avatar EnviroBecca 02:10 PM 03-04-2014

Pancake dinner at church tonight! :eat

I just posted what we ate for dinner every night in February:

http://articles.earthlingshandbook.org/2014/03/04/four-weeks-of-mostly-meatless-dinners-february/

We don't cook any meat except fish, so if you're going that route for Lent, lots of ideas there.

Last night we had baked pollock with rosemary, "baked French fries" i.e. long thin roasted potatoes seasoned with just olive oil and salt, and peas.

Tomorrow, something with marinara sauce, because I made a huge batch recently and have 3 jars in the fridge plus one frozen.

newmamalizzy's Avatar newmamalizzy 05:04 PM 03-04-2014
Meal plan going pretty smoothly so far. Tonight is Bunless turkey burgers. Kale salad turned into wilted spinach salad because I forgot to buy kale (duh). And I overcooked the roasted potatoes do DD had sweet potato chips dipped in milk (shrug) and DP and I will have tater tots.
LitMom's Avatar LitMom 06:04 PM 03-04-2014
Breakfast for dinner! Scrambled eggs and buttermilk pancakes!
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 06:47 PM 03-04-2014

Husband made lemon pepper chicken and a rice/veggie mix. 

Ragana's Avatar Ragana 06:49 PM 03-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragana View Post

Well, I have half a plan for this week!

Mon - Tofu Pad Thai using a pad thai sauce packet: http://www.asianhomegourmet.com/our-range/thai/thai-pad-thai.php

Tue - Baked fish and vegetables: http://freshfishhouse.com/perch-baked-with-vegetables-recipe/

Wed - Lentil or bean soup - bag of frozen soup veg, lentils/beans, box of veg stock + seasonings (garlic, onion, etc.), maybe with garlic toast

I stocked up on some stuff recently like boxed mac & cheese, boxes of tomatoes (Pomi), etc. but will be low on protein after the fish is gone. I will probably make pasta one other night and use the second package of tofu for stir-fry with leftover vegetables and rice another day.

The baked fish and vegetables turned out great! I used the recipe and baked thinly sliced potatoes, jalapeno, onion/garlic, and chopped herbs in some herb butter with a cup of veg broth for 15 min., then added the ocean perch filets (seasoned with seasoned salt and smoked paprika) and baked for another 20 min. or so. The recipe said 10 min. for the fish, but it took longer.

Also, today was paczki day (Polish filled doughnut - hey, I'm in the Chicago area), so YUM! Our local bakery makes such good ones.

Kate&Joey's Avatar Kate&Joey 07:35 PM 03-04-2014
Chickpeas and dumplings from Oh My Veggies. DS said it was awesome and the baby basically ate my whole portion. Once I get her down, I need to reheat some more for myself!
newmamalizzy's Avatar newmamalizzy 07:48 PM 03-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate&Joey View Post

Chickpeas and dumplings from Oh My Veggies. DS said it was awesome and the baby basically ate my whole portion. Once I get her down, I need to reheat some more for myself!

Just looked at that recipe/site and now I totally want to be a vegetarian again. Looks delicious!
Kate&Joey's Avatar Kate&Joey 11:49 AM 03-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmamalizzy View Post

Just looked at that recipe/site and now I totally want to be a vegetarian again. Looks delicious!

I have to say, it was totally delish!  I splurged and got the "no chicken" chicken broth for the recipe (instead of using my usual veggie broth for everything) and it was totally worth it.  

onlychldisagirl's Avatar onlychldisagirl 11:57 AM 03-05-2014

Could you please send the recipe for the runzas?  They sound delicious.

Nikki258's Avatar Nikki258 05:06 PM 03-05-2014

Tonight we had fresh spinach and turkey sandwich with muenster cheese on the stove top grill and soup.

Ragana's Avatar Ragana 07:03 PM 03-05-2014
Quote:

Well, I have half a plan for this week!

Mon - Tofu Pad Thai using a pad thai sauce packet: http://www.asianhomegourmet.com/our-range/thai/thai-pad-thai.php

Tue - Baked fish and vegetables: http://freshfishhouse.com/perch-baked-with-vegetables-recipe/

Wed - Lentil or bean soup - bag of frozen soup veg, lentils/beans, box of veg stock + seasonings (garlic, onion, etc.), maybe with garlic toast

I stocked up on some stuff recently like boxed mac & cheese, boxes of tomatoes (Pomi), etc. but will be low on protein after the fish is gone. I will probably make pasta one other night and use the second package of tofu for stir-fry with leftover vegetables and rice another day.

OK, kitchensqueen - I used lentils in the soup! :wink DH and DD loved it. Not my absolute favorite, but quite good with a hefty shake of Tabasco! I also threw in a few spoons of red pesto. We ate the soup with some TJ's frozen mini pizzas.

That was it for my plan this week. I really want to eat out tomorrow, but I think I'm going to make tofu and stir-fry vegetables instead. If I get fancy, then some sushi rolls, too.

newmamalizzy's Avatar newmamalizzy 07:07 PM 03-05-2014
We were supposed to have a leftover night tomorrow, but we don't have any leftovers. Whoops. Scrambling for some ideas....
Ragana's Avatar Ragana 07:42 PM 03-05-2014

Hmmm, scrambling... If I get lazy tomorrow, I can make scrambled eggs. Thx for the idea!  :p

kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 08:37 PM 03-05-2014
Quote:

OK, kitchensqueen - I used lentils in the soup! :wink DH and DD loved it. Not my absolute favorite, but quite good with a hefty shake of Tabasco! I also threw in a few spoons of red pesto. We ate the soup with some TJ's frozen mini pizzas.

Tabasco can make anything better! 

Tonight husband made ground beef tacos before I went to yoga. They hit the spot! 

MrsKoehn's Avatar MrsKoehn 11:09 AM 03-06-2014
Would you believe it, more left overs? This time chicken soup.
Smidge's Avatar Smidge 04:52 PM 03-06-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylie View Post

Smidge let me know how it turns out...we are soyfree too and I love Beef with Broccoli..

It was so good.  My picky hubby couldn't stop RAVING about it :D

newmamalizzy's Avatar newmamalizzy 05:10 PM 03-06-2014
Went with Big Salad in place of nonexistent leftovers. With bacon, hard boiled egg and feta. And......a cheeseburger. Last minute craving smile.gif
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 07:28 PM 03-06-2014

Well, now it's my turn to be sick (again), so husband cooked. Thai noodle soup since I have a sore throat. 

Mylie's Avatar Mylie 08:01 PM 03-06-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smidge View Post

It was so good.  My picky hubby couldn't stop RAVING about it orngbiggrin.gif
Can you post the recipe? Thanks smile.gif
Smidge's Avatar Smidge 08:05 PM 03-06-2014

Mylie, I'm sorry, but no recipe.  I'm a throw it together kinda gal :)

2lbs of ground beef

1lb of broccoli/snow peas

1/2lb of spaghetti noodles

chopped garlic and ginger to taste

coconut aminos (about 1/2c)

salt and pepper to taste

Hope that helps :)

kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 03:53 PM 03-07-2014

No idea what we're doing tonight. Hopefully husband will heat something up. Otherwise, it's going to have to quick and easy to swallow. I kind of want mashed potatoes. 

newmamalizzy's Avatar newmamalizzy 04:42 PM 03-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

No idea what we're doing tonight. Hopefully husband will heat something up. Otherwise, it's going to have to quick and easy to swallow. I kind of want mashed potatoes. 

Aw, hope you feel better soo .
rainbowasylum's Avatar rainbowasylum 05:11 PM 03-07-2014

Roasting some acorn squash for myself, the kids are getting leftover whatevers.

Dear second trimester energy, please come soon.

Kate&Joey's Avatar Kate&Joey 06:40 PM 03-07-2014
There was an event at DS' school so we tried a new Korean burger place that opened up near us. I'm not a big meat eater, but wasn't hungry enough to order their veggie burger. So we ordered three different burgers for the four of us to share with three sides (french fries, lotus chips, and sweet potato chips). Deliciously juicy and flavorful! We will be going back.......
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 12:01 PM 03-08-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmamalizzy View Post

Aw, hope you feel better soo .

Thanks. I'm super tired of the winter sickies. 

Tonight husband has to work, so I'll throw together a chicken noodle soup for myself. Last night he ended up picking up Subway on the way home from running errands. 

kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 08:11 PM 03-09-2014

I made a bean and kale pasta tonight. Way too many beans in it though - I don't know what I was thinking. 

Tomorrow night I plan to make meatloaf with a spicy ketchup glaze, along with mashed potatoes and probably some canned veg. We haven't had meatloaf in awhile. 

Ragana's Avatar Ragana 08:02 AM 03-10-2014

Hope you are better, too, kitchensqueen!

Fri - Ordered in

Sat - Friends over so DH made gluten-free beef stew (1 celiac in the crowd), vegan vegetable soup (2 vegetarians in the crowd), and baked potatoes. Most of us ended up mixing all three together - YUM!

Sun - I was out all day, so I made TJ's fish sticks/tots and a pot of spaghetti with jar sauce that also served as lunch for DD today.

This week -

Mon - Crockpot chicken - probably this: http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/02/25/recipe-the-best-whole-chicken-in-a-crock-pot/ plus garlic green beans and TJ's veggie samosas for veggie kid

Tue - Yucatecan rice & crab - new recipe. It's baked rice with a tomato-broth mixture and crab, except I will be using a bag of TJ's frozen mixed seafood

Wed - Something with ground beef

That's it so far!

kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 08:48 PM 03-10-2014
Quote:

Hope you are better, too, kitchensqueen!

Well, I'm still going through a box of kleenex a day, but I'm upright! :-)

Ragana's Avatar Ragana 08:06 AM 03-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

Well, I'm still going through a box of kleenex a day, but I'm upright! :-)

That's good! Be careful - my mom came down with pneumonia this week.

kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 06:57 PM 03-11-2014
Quote:

That's good! Be careful - my mom came down with pneumonia this week.

I was literally just saying to my husband "I hope this isn't pneumonia!" - my lungs have just felt so tight awful. But I think I'm finally on the mend, knock on wood...

Tonight I wanted comfort food, so I made beef stew with red wine and herbs de provence. We serve it over pasta. 

First ... 35  75  83  84  85 86  87  95  ... Last

Up