Mothering Forum banner

Dinner - What Are You Having?

180K views 5K replies 253 participants last post by  annwlenox 
#1 ·
I didn't see a recent active thread about dinner, and since I love to cook to and eat I thought I'd start one.

Last night we had ham and scalloped potatoes (using leftover Easter ham) and tonight we had bamee noodles with barbecued pork.

Tomorrow night, I'm thinking about doing a bacon and whiskey chili since it's so rainy and cool, but I'm not sure yet. Who knows what I'll want tomorrow?

What's everyone else doing for dinner?

#2,454 ·
We didn't make a special meal - ordered in because DD1 was sick. Yummy, though - pizza and salad from one of our favorite places. Have to plan for next week!

PS Found this recently. Love the suggestion. Thinking of trying it next week:

Six Steps to a Healthy Weeknight Dinner

http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20780484,00.html

#2,456 ·
Busy week here! We had:

Sunday - (Pinterest) Chicken fingers in garlic sauce, mashed potatoes, and corn.
Monday - (Pinterest) Garlic Lime chicken with the same sides as above (I lack creativity in side dishes)
Tuesday - Left overs
Wednesday - More left overs, then he ate again at his mom's house
Thursday - (Pinterest strikes again) Ham and white beans in the crock
Friday - out to eat for brunch, I made Italian beef in the crockpot. He ate that, I was worn out and sick by that point so I don't think I even ate.
Saturday - His birthday, but I was still sick, so it was left over Italian beef.

Sunday - Planning to grill Stuffed Border Burgers if it's not too windy on that side of the house and if he gets off at a reasonable time. If not, we'll have left overs and try again tomorrow. Or make them inside.

Week's plan:

Monday- Tuesday - Left overs
Wednesday - (Pinterest) Fried Cabbage and Sausage
Thursday - (Pinterest) Chicken Cordon Bleu casserole and salad
Friday - (Pinterest, I'm addicted) Chicken and Wild Rice casserole
Saturday - Left overs
Sunday - Spaghetti, salad and (Pinterest) Gluten Free Olive Garden type bread sticks

Or that's the menu anyway.
smile.gif

#2,457 ·
Lol, I just posted and it says it was 8 hrs ago. I knew I was more to the methodical side, but really? No wonder my day is over before I know it!

Oh, and you girls going Gluten free, here too. Hubby has an allergy and I do too. Plus I have the generic marker for a celiac. JOY. I think my 16 m old is sensitive too. There are gf cereals and recipes formaking the mixes cheaper, works out for me bc xantha bothers my stomach and I'm allergic to almond. Most mixes have those in them. So I get a better deal and can tolerate it!

#2,462 ·
Monday - Tofu-broccoli stirfry with lemon sauce (soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, corn starch), rice, shrimp gyoza from TJ's. Black beans and sour cream for DD2.

Tuesday - Fish from TJ's (frozen cod), roasted potatoes, salad (fried egg for DD2)

Wednesday - Pasta with frozen spinach, sauce and cheese (baked if I am being ambitious - or maybe wonderpot) & meatballs

Thursday - Chicken, vegetables (fried egg for DD1)

#2,464 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragana View Post

Monday - Tofu-broccoli stirfry with lemon sauce (soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, corn starch), rice, shrimp gyoza from TJ's. Black beans and sour cream for DD2.

Tuesday - Fish from TJ's (frozen cod), roasted potatoes, salad (fried egg for DD2)

Wednesday - Pasta with frozen spinach, sauce and cheese (baked if I am being ambitious - or maybe wonderpot) & meatballs

Oops! Tues. is being switched for Weds. Forgot I have dinner guests tonight.

#2,465 ·
I
Quote:

Oops! Tues. is being switched for Weds. Forgot I have dinner guests tonight.
I wish this was my meal plan
smile.gif

I'm struggling this week. I think tonight will be pork chops (but not sure of cooking technique), wild rice from a box, and braised kale. Then another night will be baked potatoes with leftover kale and some bacon. Black bean burritos with zucchini another day. Something involving ground turkey and carrots/rutabaga later in the week. Sigh. Four more weeks and I might like food again. I daydream about liking food.

#2,469 ·
I made shepherd's pie again tonight. I'm clearly not feeling very inspired lately. It's a good thing we don't mind having the same old things too much. If I can remember to put kidney beans to soak tonight, we'll have Cincinnati chili tomorrow - I've been craving that for the last few days.

#2,472 ·
Quote:

Never roasted the potatoes, but used up some stray stuff in the fridge. Just don't feel like making chicken tonight, and it's not completely defrosted anyway - downside of not having a microwave. I really don't feel like cooking at all!! Maybe I can throw together a Thai soup.

#2,474 ·
OK, bucked up and went into the kitchen. Put rice in the rice cooker & will serve that with tuna and Japanese "sprinkles"

http://www.japanesekitchen.co.uk/furikake_seasoning.html

Plus I threw together Thai soup: red curry paste, a box of veg broth, can of coconut milk, splash of fish sauce, teaspoon of sugar, juice of half a lime and some fresh and frozen vegetables. I keep these ingredients on hand pretty much all the time because I like this soup so much. I have also started keeping a bag of frozen mixed veggies in the freezer and add that to all of my soups and stews. Works great in crockpot stuff and no chopping!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.