Dinner - What Are You Having? - Mothering Forums
1 2  3  11  51  101  ... Last
Meal Planning > Dinner - What Are You Having?
kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 07:45 PM 04-26-2011

I didn't see a recent active thread about dinner, and since I love to cook to and eat I thought I'd start one.

Last night we had ham and scalloped potatoes (using leftover Easter ham) and tonight we had bamee noodles with barbecued pork.

Tomorrow night, I'm thinking about doing a bacon and whiskey chili since it's so rainy and cool, but I'm not sure yet. Who knows what I'll want tomorrow?

What's everyone else doing for dinner?

Alyantavid's Avatar Alyantavid 07:26 AM 04-27-2011

Last night we had finger steaks and fries.  Tonight is soup (I'm thinking veggie) and sandwiches.

goinggreengirl 02:56 PM 04-27-2011
Last night we had Swedish meatballs, boiled red potatoes, green beans and corn. I think tonight will be spaghetti and garlic bread.
mommariffic's Avatar mommariffic 06:19 PM 04-27-2011

We had a late lunch so our dinner was light - honey sandwiches, baby carrots and broccoli (cold) and yogurt 

kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 06:22 PM 04-27-2011

We decided to do bacon and whiskey chili, but it will be a modified version since we don't have bacon or pinto beans...

simplehome's Avatar simplehome 06:39 PM 04-27-2011

Tonight we're having this soup: roasted sweet potato apple soup with some blue cheese and crusty bread. Simple, veggie-ful, and the kids can drink it with a straw. We'll probably put some plain yogurt in each bowl for extra protein.

kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 04:14 PM 04-30-2011

Even though it's chilly and looks like rain, we're going to fire up the grill for steaks. We're going to marinate them in some red wine and worcestershire sauce, then I'm going to cook down the marinade with some carmelized shallots to make a sauce. Some canned green beans and croissant rolls on the side.

nald1's Avatar nald1 11:39 AM 06-11-2011

vidalia onion frittata with fresh local asparagus- homemade wheat rolls- cold and rainy out but want to eat this up before it goes bad.

Wolfcat's Avatar Wolfcat 10:30 PM 06-11-2011

I had a bacon cheeseburger from Perkins... :( I hate being on the road... and my tummy hates it too.

The last meal we had at home was homemade runzas: ground beef, cabbage & mozzarella wrapped in pita dough and baked... YUMMY!

Honey693's Avatar Honey693 10:29 PM 06-14-2011

steak and corn.

tomorrow is hamburgers with homemade buns and whatever veggies I can scrounge up.

becoming's Avatar becoming 06:03 AM 06-16-2011
Tonight we're having breakfast burritos -- scrambled eggs, potatoes (cooked hash brown style), turkey sausage, & cheese on whole wheat tortillas -- and watermelon.
nald1's Avatar nald1 05:58 PM 06-16-2011

cooking for just me lately- my husband associates 'big games' (Stanley Cup) with take out, burgers, etc- weirdo.  i eat a normal dinner when the final episode of the Bachelor is on:)

So, having salads with corn and bbq seitan and homemade rolls past few pms.  One of my favorite standbys- tonight added asparagus from farmers mkt- yummy- one week left of asparagus here and im getting my fill!!!!

Wolfcat's Avatar Wolfcat 03:15 PM 06-18-2011

Last night, we had a very "processed" meal: sloppy joes on whole grain bread and fresh grapes.

Tonight: Speghetti

nald1's Avatar nald1 12:09 PM 06-19-2011

Father's Day- dad's pick - PIZZA- take out - salads and toppings and Done- love it!!

amnesiac's Avatar amnesiac 03:45 PM 06-19-2011
I had planned to make chicken tortilla soup but hubby wants burgers. Since it's Father's Day, I'll do the soup tomorrow & tonight we'll have burgers with corn on the cob. I was going to also grill some veggies but I'm kinda tired this afternoon so I may skip that.
Wolfcat's Avatar Wolfcat 06:40 PM 06-20-2011
Homemade veggie pockets (think veggie hot pockets)
chaoticzenmom's Avatar chaoticzenmom 08:41 PM 06-20-2011

bbq tofu, quinoa and roasted vegetables (sprinkled with smoked paprika..yum!)

nald1's Avatar nald1 01:24 PM 06-21-2011

yummy- recipe?

kayleesmom's Avatar kayleesmom 08:29 PM 06-21-2011

today was sweet and sour kielbasa in crockpot. and tommorow is chili.

Wolfcat's Avatar Wolfcat 07:28 PM 06-26-2011

Russian Chicken and Green Beans

skreader's Avatar skreader 08:45 PM 06-26-2011

Meatballs from the freezer, pasta, greens.

mommy212's Avatar mommy212 03:06 PM 06-27-2011

Tonight's dinner is tuscan style beans and green (cannelini beans, kale, tomatoes, etc) and homemade 50/50 wheat/white bread.

nald1's Avatar nald1 06:06 PM 08-15-2011

so excited about all the great food i prepared for tonight- and most of the week (I hope!!) - all local produce makes it even more exciting :)

roasted beets with spring onions on local greens with cukes, cherry tomatoes, and corn- only non-local additions were avocados, olives, veg chicken with Nutr yeast- YUMMERS

Justmee's Avatar Justmee 01:07 AM 08-16-2011

Meatballs and rice for tonight. Maybe green beans or just raw veggies.

kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 07:30 PM 09-08-2011

Hey, this thread dropped off. :-( 

Tonight we're having apple smoked chicken (in our Cameron stove top smoker) and mashed potatoes. 

What's everyone else having?

Chicky2's Avatar Chicky2 10:31 AM 09-09-2011

I'll bite.  2 nights ago we had smoked chicken and scratch baked beans w/lots of onions and bell peppers in it, plus grape salad.

last night we had cornbread, pinto beans made w/bone stock and a smoked pig carcass (we frequently have very small pigs cut in half to use up), rice for the one who doesn't like cornbread, cherries, sauteed cabbage, grilled spaghetti squash, and roasted sweet potatoes.  All cooked outside.

Tonight will be tacos w/leftover smoked chicken.  When I make tacos I make one thing, and that's it.  I get out my chafing pan and fill it up w/already-stuffed tacos (I make around 30 on a normal night for us), and I include lots of veggies in the meat filling.  We usually take the tray outside and eat on the trampoline or by the pool if the weather is right.

Tomorrow night is clean-out-the-fridge night as we are off on a mini vacation the next day!

kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 12:02 PM 09-09-2011

That pork and cornbread meal sure sounds good! 

MommyofNRM's Avatar MommyofNRM 08:49 PM 09-10-2011

I love this thread! It gives me such great ideas for my own meal planning. 

Tonight, we had good old spaghetti and meatballs. I use my grandmother's meatball recipe and they're the only meatballs I will ever eat! Salad and garlic bread on the side.

Last night I made a delicious marinaded pork tenderloin with roasted veggies (potatoes and carrots). Much to my surprise, my 19month old son LOVED the pork and the carrots! Score! 

Keep this thread going ladies!! 

kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 08:59 PM 09-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyofNRM View Post

Last night I made a delicious marinaded pork tenderloin with roasted veggies (potatoes and carrots). Much to my surprise, my 19month old son LOVED the pork and the carrots! Score! 

Awesome that he loves the pork and veggies. That's a cooking/eating score for sure. :-)

Tonight we made spaghetti with marinara sauce and Italian sausage, and the sausage was extra good because husband grilled it. Nothing better than grilled sausage in my book! And we used fresh herbs from our container garden to flavor the sauce as well. 

I have no idea what I'm going to make tomorrow night - I've been thinking a lot about scalloped potatoes and ham lately, or cioppino with sourdough... 

kitchensqueen's Avatar kitchensqueen 10:35 AM 09-11-2011

I was finally able to get a pork roast today, so it's going into the crockpot shortly for pulled pork. And I'm going to get a batch of home made barbecue sauce simmering on the stove to go with it. We also picked up four ears of sweet corn at the farmers market, so we're looking at some good eating for dinner tonight. :-)

1 2  3  11  51  101  ... Last

Up