in need of gluten free/vegetarian meal ideas please - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-02-2012, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello All,

My DH eats Paleo. I was raised vegan - I now eat vegetarian with minimal dairy (mostly just greek yogurt). Before I got pregnant we had both completed a no grain, no starch, no sugar detox of sorts. 

Now that I am pregnant (2 months) all I want to eat is starches. Cooked green veggies are not appealing at all. 

So we have compromised and are trying to eat gluten free and still healthy. (Last week consisted of too many pizza, fries, and bagels for me!) And have incorporated corn tortillas and gluten free chips and pasta into this weeks food shopping. 

For the dinner menu we are having tacos, salad (with beans and nuts in it), and rice pasta. (Dinner leftovers are eaten the next day at lunch). Breakfast has been smoothies with protein powder but I am going to add in corn tortilla with cottage cheese, avocado, and tomato. 

I find that we make the same meals over and over. 

DH has been cooking for me A LOT! But finds it hard when I don't want what he has cooked. (No kale for now) And when he doesnt know what I will feel like eating (or not). 

Ideas for meals that can be gluten free and veggie for me, and meat for him? That are also simple (for us that means not tons of ingredients)?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2012, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Here is the Vegan - Vegetarian page of Gluten Free Goddess, we seriously adore almost all the recipes on her site!!

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/p/vegan-vegetarian.html

treehugger.gifhippie.gifhomeschool.gifnamaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcrochetsmilie.gifblahblah.gifenergy.gifgoorganic.jpggd.gifteapot2.GIFbftoddler.giffamilybed2.gif

Tags
Meal Planning
User Tag List