So let's consolidate our best freezer cooking turkey ideas!
Here are some that I've thought of:
Turkey stuffing (using cubed cooked breast probably)
Southwest flavored turkey soup
Turkey, peas, and rice packets (would go nicely as a side to a vegetarian main dish)
Shredded turkey enchiladas
What are some turkey recipes that you think will freeze well? What are some that could use the pieced out bird that is maybe cooked in sauce or something and then frozen?
Do you think it might be worth it to buy one that is NOT frozen (do they even come that way?) and grind it up into burger? I have an attachment on my mixer. Or would I have to thaw it, grind it, cook it, then freeze in portions?
Thoughts from freezer feeders much appreciated!
Turkey standbys at our house for the freezer -
- turkey soup (we like standard chicken noodle soup style - leave out the noodles in the freezer though and make them fresh when you serve it)
- pulled turkey (shredded turkey in barbecue sauce)
- turkey pot pies
- turkey in gravy (all the little bits and pieces of meat)
- turkey stock
- turkey hash with finely diced potatoes and bacon
- plain frozen wings and drumsticks so we can smoke them on the stovetop smoker with apple or bourbon-soaked oak chips
Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things.