New to Clean Eating and/or Paleo......HELP - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-03-2013, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So we are a family of 8....we are trying to clean eat/paleo/minimal gluten.  This is all new for us....literally just started 2 days ago. I need HELP!!!!  Please give me recipes.  I am struggling with how to do this successfuly and on a budget. I know nothing about meal planning and I know that it is about to be an essential part of our life as we are not eating processed foods anymore so more planning is needed. I don't care if I get 100 different recipes....that in my eyes is 100 new foods to try.  Our only restriction is we do not eat spicy foods and we do not eat fish. Past that we are all in.  Looking for ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and easy snack ideas for the little ones.  I am realizing things like granola bars are out when you are trying to eat all non-processed foods.

Thanks,

Alicia

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-04-2013, 10:57 PM

Soups will be your best friend!  We eat paleo with raw/local dairy and some organic corn in the form of tortillas and chips and then we do quinoia and other non-gluten grains sometimes. (Not sure what to call it.....but...that's what we do!) 

Are you eliminating dairy also? All grains? Or just grains with gluten? 

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#3 of 3 Old 06-09-2013, 01:09 PM

I follow a similar diet. In fact, right now I am toward the end of the Whole30 http://whole9life.com/category/whole-30/. Eating on a budget is the hardest part. We eat a lot of chicken thigh/legs, eggs, and ground beef.

Here is a link to a really great site. They have a ton of recipes and even meal plans. http://nourishedkitchen.com/

Whole roasted chicken is a great idea as it is a meal (sometimes more) and then you can use the carcass to make broth. The recipe for both can be found at the above link. This is a weekly staple at our home. And we always roast sweet potatoes, garlic, and apples to go with it.

A great snack that kids usually love is almond butter mixed with coconut oil on apple slices. Another one is fruit such as watermelon, mango, or bananas cut up and mixed with a nut, like macadamias. Then mix in some coconut milk (I use the stuff in a can). It is super yummy!

I usually keep the veggies simple. Broccoli (and really all veggies) sauteed with coconut oil and a little salt is amazing.

After eating clean for a couple of weeks your taste buds will be sensitive the all the flavors in simple meals. Fruit will be a dessert in itself!

Good for you and good luck!ROTFLMAO.gif

Its my super DH superhero.gif, my lovely DD jog.gif(11/15/11), ferocious Future Cat, and myself read.gif

familybed1.gif

Tags
Meal Planning , Paleo , Primal Paleo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page