How to get 3yo to eat! Share your secrets! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-12-2013, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need some meal planning ideas. My DD is 3.5yo is so picky now she will only eat junk. I swear her favorite food is Doritos. Not good. I don't buy big bags of it-- it just ends up in her little hands on our trips to target.

Currently the only veggie she eats is carrots and sometimes celery. She loves ranch dip. Won't touch peanut or almond butters much.

She will do milks is they are sweet with honey and cinnamon. She usually eats eggs. Scrambled with nothing else. Sometimes sausage.

Loves anything resembling bread. But trying to stick to a gluten-free diet makes this hard. She loves crackers. I've yet to find a GF version she likes besides popcorn which she won't eat much of. Goldfish and such give her terrible constipation so i dont like to buy them.

She usually won't touch anything I serve for dinner. She wants a popsicle and asks for them allllllllllllllll day long. I used to make them fresh but am so tired now I never get to it. I only stocking them right now for labor-- I'm 33wks pregnant having a homebirth and its August!

Extra cooking and prep is hard now but I'm trying! Please give me your best recipes or ideas!

geek.gif Mama + superhero.gifDaddy +energy.gifDD (12/20/09) = heartbeat.gif

Expecting stork-girl.gif #2 in September!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2013, 02:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I'm having similar issues with my 2yo.  The only real solution I've found is to make food that is yummy- not adult i-know-its-healthy-so-I-d-eat-it-and-its-ok, but really yummy, and insist she eat X bites before she can have juice/crackers/smoothie. 

Scrambled eggs with peppers and sausage cut up very small.  Meatloaf with half meat half veggies (Again, cut up super small.  Mostly I cheat and throw the veggies in big peices into the blender with lots of water.  Blend briefly, then drain water/juice off of the now minced veggies.  We invested in a vitamix for this and other things, amazing).  Turkey sausage.  Panfried cod.  Risotto cakes with lots of cheese.  Yummy gooy ooy things that you want to eat too much of.  

We're up to 5 bites and tonight was our first request for extra bites.  :) DH has been talking up my food for weeks (yumy food! mommy's yummy food! yum yum I love mommy's food), he's been a trooper.  Keep at it!  I know its esp. hard being pregnant.  

Tags
Meal Planning
User Tag List