Would this idea help you cook original meals and save time? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-21-2013, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

I have an idea for an online business: lots of moms love to cook, but A) have a hard time coming up with new meal ideas every night and B) are too busy to browse through magazines to find recipes, let alone do grocery shopping once or twice a week.

What if you could get on a website and browse a selection of healthy and unique meals, and when you buy them the ingredients are delivered to your house and the recipe is emailed to you? Would this be something that would be interesting and helpful to you? 

I read the forum rules and don't want to be spammy or abusive so I'm not trying to drum up customers, just interested in hearing any feedback or insights you might have. Let me know if this belongs in a different place. Thanks!

#2 of 3 Old 08-23-2013, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

That is a neat idea. However, I wouldn't want to pay shipping costs, and I prefer to pick the food that we buy so we don't bring home MSG, high fructose corn syrup, etc. and so that we bring home the brands with Box Tops for Education and good organic produce and meat without antibiotics and growth hormones, etc.

Also what would be even more useful than a recipe that is emailed to me would be a recipe that is printed out on an index card or something similar, maybe coming with the food that is delivered. That way I wouldn't have to sit here at the computer and copy it from my inbox to an index card so that I have it to look at in the kitchen.

Finally, I realize I am not as busy as some mothers, but since I am home most of the time I welcome the chance to go and walk around the store and pick out healthy food for my family. And when gas prices rise even higher, the price of the food that is delivered to my door (if I were to participate in this service) would be through the roof.

I hope this feedback helps. :)

May God bless you and His Blessed Mother Mary keep you!  :-)

#3 of 3 Old 10-02-2013, 12:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I see how it would be great in some ways, but I'm a little unsure. First of all, the cost of delivery like mentioned above. And really, the cost of the ingredients period - if I'm the one shopping I can choose more affordable substitutes if they happen to be on sale. 

If there were options to exclude certain ingredients because I already have them in the pantry that would be a really important option. My only other concern is that I am picky, haha. I don't like some really common ingredients - mushrooms, bell peppers, etc and I'm very selective about ingredients (no artificial colors/flavors, no HFCS, no palm oil, etc) so I might be very difficult to shop for.

Also something to keep in mind would be the tools and dishes required for certain meals. I have a very well stocked kitchen now, but I have plenty of friends with little more than a frypan so that's a potential concern. 

If you could do it in such a way to compensate for a huge selection of dietary preferences and make it affordable it sounds like an excellent idea. 

Tags
Meal Planning

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page