meal planning. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 02-22-2014, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Hi, I noticed that everyone makes threads for supper planning but none about breakfast or lunch. so here's a thread where you can put down what you had or plan to have for each meal! type in the date and what you've had or are planning to have, if you want with a photo.

I'm the single mommy of nursing kids Tina (4) Joy (3)Abigail (1) and Aspin (3weeks). hear are some emoticons that describe me:
#2 of 11 Old 02-23-2014, 10:17 PM

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
French toast
Egg burrito
Oats soaked in yogurt with cut fruits in individual jars
Pizza quesadilla ( pepperoni, cheese, sauce)
#3 of 11 Old 02-24-2014, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Taking notes for new breakfast ideas! I have been liking the oats soaked with yogurt and fruit overnight, too.

tracyamber likes this.

Mom "D" to DD1 "Z" (14) and DD2 "I" (11) DH "M"

#4 of 11 Old 02-24-2014, 08:18 PM

Sometimes we have egg burrito wrapped in nori seaweed instead of a flour tortilla and it is sooooooo yummy!
The other morning I made pancakes with chopped apple and cinnamon and oats.
Today we had homemade salsa and chips for lunch.
#5 of 11 Old 03-01-2014, 05:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Good day mums, I am new to this site and I am glad to be here. Saw this post and was eager to dive into my breakfast folder and share some of the little and easy frugal ways breakfast can be done.

The above picture shows a simple way to get breakfast fast and easy in the morning, it's called Overnight Oatmeal. I found this on a blog called Gina's Favorites. I have done it and it's wonderfully healthy and very filling and not to mention delicious, I noticed I don't experience hunger spikes when I have these. I also found a way that the my 11 year old son enjoys it as well. I use my Nutribullet to grind up the oatmeal into almost powder. Confession; I can't just eat plain oatmeal just not appealing but in this recipe oh-my-gosh I can eat it three times a day. 

Now, mine don't look as pretty as the picture above because I use regular sandwich size Tupperware to store mine in and I play around with the flavor of yogurt and fruit.., and nuts. I also add a teaspoon of honey to each bowl before I refrigerate it. You have so much options to choose from and it can be prepared the night before.

Now I know sometimes it's hard getting everything done in a day especially when you're a single Mum like I am and prepping breakfast the night before is another thing to add to the list. May I suggest this.., after the kids are in bed and you got a load of laundry going, head down to the kitchen, put on one of your favorite CD's, or open Pandora on your laptop/computer and sing along while you prep it. It can make some real alone time feel wonderful. If you have a hubby send him to bed too so you can enjoy your time. 

You can find the recipe here at Gina's Favorites. I hope you enjoy it and I do have some more of the easy breakfast ideas I would love to share.

Happy prepping Ladies!

Nikki

#6 of 11 Old 03-01-2014, 07:30 AM

Thanks for sharing!
#7 of 11 Old 03-01-2014, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

were loving quinoa and rice for b-fest over here :)! for lunch we've had open faced grilled cheese, and for supper were all about  no bake no milk no flour mak 'n cheese with kamut pasta. yummy! :eat 

30 years old, married to DH , Proud Mommy of DD 1 (22 months), 9 months pregnant with DD 2 , planning another homebirth , and a CD , breastfeeding beyond infancy , and loving, mommy.
#8 of 11 Old 03-02-2014, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quiche! It's whats for breakfast! I love it because they are good cold and I can use leftovers to make them.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#9 of 11 Old 03-02-2014, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
We are a gluten and dairy free home...for breakfast we had eggs,hashbrowns and sausage..for lunch we are having some hm Turkey Noodle Soup..
#10 of 11 Old 03-03-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian'smommaya View Post

Quiche! It's whats for breakfast! I love it because they are good cold and I can use leftovers to make them.

Yum! I'm coming over to your house!!
Actually I forgot we do something similar.i make frittatas with the left overs!
Do you have a good crust recipe?
#11 of 11 Old 03-04-2014, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

We have a lot of banana bread right now, so we have been having breakfasts of either scrambled eggs with salsa and banana bread on the side, or thawed frozen berries and plain yogurt plopped on top of a hunk of banana bread and eaten with a spoon.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

Tags
Meal Planning

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page