Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

#31 of 38 Old 09-01-2014, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post
They make cleanup somewhat easier, but sometimes they still leak. And they are SO.FREAKING.EXPENSIVE. Especially if you use your CrockPot multiple times a week, as we often do. And I share the concerns of others about cooking in plastic. But even if I didn't, they are just not affordable.

I've loved most of the recipes I've made from this website: www.crockpot365.blogspot.com. Many are or can be fairly inexpensive. All are or can be gluten-free, too, if that's a concern for some people, though the gluten-free versions will often be more expensive, if they use gluten-free replacements as opposed to just being naturally gluten-free. We've had to scale back our use of her recipes, though, as quite a few of them rely on soy sauce, and my stomach just can't tolerate soy this pregnancy, for some reason.
You can sub Bragg's Liquid Aminos for the soy sauce.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 38 Old 09-01-2014, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Bragg's is also made from soybeans, so I don't think that will help.
#33 of 38 Old 09-01-2014, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Worcestershire sauce has a similar flavor profile to soy sauce, and I don't think it has soybeans in it. Not sure though.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#34 of 38 Old 09-14-2014, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Bragg's is also made from soybeans, so I don't think that will help.
What about coconut liquid aminos? I haven't tried them yet.
#35 of 38 Old 09-14-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Curious View Post
What about coconut liquid aminos? I haven't tried them yet.
Have never heard of those before. I'll have to look into that.
#36 of 38 Old 09-21-2014, 10:04 PM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
They make cleanup somewhat easier, but sometimes they still leak. And they are SO.FREAKING.EXPENSIVE. Especially if you use your CrockPot multiple times a week, as we often do. And I share the concerns of others about cooking in plastic. But even if I didn't, they are just not affordable.

I've loved most of the recipes I've made from this website: www.crockpot365.blogspot.com. Many are or can be fairly inexpensive. All are or can be gluten-free, too, if that's a concern for some people, though the gluten-free versions will often be more expensive, if they use gluten-free replacements as opposed to just being naturally gluten-free. We've had to scale back our use of her recipes, though, as quite a few of them rely on soy sauce, and my stomach just can't tolerate soy this pregnancy, for some reason.
From much reading and researching about soy it's my understanding that soy sauce does not have the same effect bc it's fermented. I don't know if you've tried it and it didn't agree with you, or you just cut it out bc problems with other soy products, but just thought I lend my two sense for what it's worth just in case you wanted to give it a try.
#37 of 38 Old 09-22-2014, 06:31 AM

Actually, I first figured out soy was the issue because of soy sauce. It was only a few months later I figured out soy bean oil was also an issue. (I can tolerate lecithin, but possibly only because there's not usually a lot of it in food.) Still really hoping this is over after baby comes!
#38 of 38 Old 09-22-2014, 07:27 AM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Yes food intolerances stink.

Tags
Meal Planning

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page