Group meals that can "wait" a while? - Mothering Forums

1Likes
  • 1 Post By newmamalizzy

#1 of 4 Old 06-20-2015, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Group meals that can "wait" a while?

We are hosting a couple of our church leadership group meals. We eat lunch after church (at the church building), so I don't have really any time to do much preparation in between church and the meal. I also don't want a huge, obvious meal in the church kitchen DURING church, so I was thinking something really simple.

For example, I was thinking spaghetti for one meal- I'd do the sauce in my crockpot and have that on low during church, and then once church is over do a pot of noodles (since those don't take long (or much effort) to prepare, and I'd have pre-made french bread loaves and a dessert. But that's only one meal.

Any ideas for meals that would work in this situation? Lots of other couples are already doing things like pizza and cold sandwiches and stuff, so I'd like to offer some variety.

Me (30) - DH (32) 12 years!
DD (9.5) ~ DD (7.5) ~ DS (5.5) ~ DS (2.5)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to 11 babies in Heaven
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-21-2015, 06:35 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
How many people do you have to feed? Does the kitchen have an oven? If you have an oven you could keep any sort of stew or casserole or roast hot in there during church. Or quiche/zucchini slice.

I don't have a crockpot but I've heard people rave about crockpot "rotisserie" chicken. You could do that with salad and bread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#3 of 4 Old 06-21-2015, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
There are tons of crock pot things. I do taco filling in the crock pot. Sloppy Joes from scratch. Lots of different soups and stews.

Do you need to accommodate food sensitivities?

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#4 of 4 Old 06-21-2015, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Yes, on the crock pot theme I think tacos would be a great one. Swedish meatballs with egg noodles would work well also.
applejuice likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page