Mothering Forum banner

What's for dinner tonight?

3K views 34 replies 23 participants last post by  Rainbowbird 
#1 ·
I'm making a meatloaf with organic hamburger ($$$$$) and organic mashed potatoes. A side of frozen veg or salad.

Please post your dinner plans for tonight so we can all get ideas!

#27 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by onthemove
it was quite tasty... here is the recipe...we used cracker crumbs instead of bread and added spinach instead of parsley...

1/2 c. sliced almonds ( lightly toasted)
1pkg (4.5 oz) goat cheese
1tbsp fresh chives or green onion
1tbsp parsley
1/2 tsp pepper
4 chicken breasts
4 slices of white bread
2 tbsp butter or margarine
1 egg
1/4 tsp salt - i would have liked a little more

in bowl, mix 2 tbsp of the almonds with goat cheese, chives, parsley, and some pepper.
cut chicken horizontally in half but not all the way through, put some filling in each breast
take crusts off bread and pulse in food processor until in fine crumbs with course pieces.
combine bread crumbs with remaining almonds, melt butter and drizzle over crumbs.toss with a fork.
in a seperate dish beat an egg, salt and pepper.
dip chicken in egg mixture, press chicken into bread crumb mixture and put in shallow greased cooking sheet or casserole dish

bake at 375 oven until crispy and no pink inside, about 30 minutes(ours needed to cook a little longer)
Thanks! I can't wait to try this!

#28 ·
Leftovers tonight.....meatloaf, mashed potatoes, froz. veggies. All organic!

I made the meatloaf in muffin tins and stuffed the middle with cheese. It came out really tasty! I want to make more of these and freeze them as lunches/dinners for DS when we are having something he won't eat or can't eat...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.